RONJON Inspyre silver touch-up paint

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 08:07 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RONJON Inspyre silver touch-up paint

Well, it happened. I parked right into a curb and my front right wheel has a nice curb rush on it . Does anybody knows what kind of paint matches the colour of RonJon Inspyre silver metallic?
Thank you
Old 05-23-2008, 08:40 AM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
call or email Ron.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Drifting

He does not have any touch up paint for sale, I kind of suggested that would be a good thing to offer.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Instructor

sorry to hear that dude... I feel the pain... I did the same thing to my RJ Inspyre 2 weeks ago...

Good thing that it's minor.... but still hurt everytime I look at it.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:05 PM
3rd Gear

Well, it s**ks that there is no touch-up paint for the rims. I hate when the support of a company stops in the moment your card was charged and the money left your bank account.
What's the big deal in selling the paint? Would have been a nice aditional profit but maybe there's no need for this as long as there are enough suc*ers which keep buying the product. And I'm not talking about Ronjon in particular because all rims manufactors are the same.I never saw touch-up paint for rims, except Wurth for some european brands. Why, it's a guarded secret, something that is not for everyday suc*er?Come on!!!!
Helllooooo, the wheels spin on roads, not on plush carpets . And rims are pretty expensive for some metal cillinders, reported to car's price. As long as someone buys your product, keep him happy for more than a few weeks or months.That's what I call to be decent in doing business.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by aghory
Well, it s**ks that there is no touch-up paint for the rims. I hate when the support of a company stops in the moment your card was charged and the money left your bank account.
What's the big deal in selling the paint? Would have been a nice aditional profit but maybe there's no need for this as long as there are enough suc*ers which keep buying the product. And I'm not talking about Ronjon in particular because all rims manufactors are the same.I never saw touch-up paint for rims, except Wurth for some european brands. Why, it's a guarded secret, something that is not for everyday suc*er?Come on!!!!
Helllooooo, the wheels spin on roads, not on plush carpets . And rims are pretty expensive for some metal cillinders, reported to car's price. As long as someone buys your product, keep him happy for more than a few weeks or months.That's what I call to be decent in doing business.
You think you know everything, huh.
First of all, the wheels are machined face, meaning there is no paint on the front surface of the spoke, just raw aluminum machined surface with clearcoat. Secondly, there is a 2 stage paint, like a candy color, black base coat with 2-3 coats of semi-translucent silver pearl. So as the coats build up, the black begins to disapear, thats how we get the "Hyper or Liquid" effect. Meaning that there is no "color in abottle" that can replicate that effect. Lastly, if someone knows of a wheel company that has a touch up paint, I'd love mto find out about it, because my factory doesn't know (nor do I) how to solve the above dilemna. One of the best options is to mix your own paint from OEM colors. Shouldn't be that difficult. Besides, any curbage or scratches to a wheel would most likely be nmore than just paint surfa ce, more like a groove scratch or some sort of deep cut, that would require more than just a color touch up, more like filing down and sanding to get rid of the texture. At that point, a professional wheel repair company wouyld probably be needed.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Drifting

True if it's a machined face- I would get a pro to repair it.

The antracite paint you suggested was not even close- my friend ended up mixing 2 different colors, but the "liquid" paint was hard to match, so he is selling his wheels. He is just going the chrome route. I didn't know that the liquid was such a procedure. I'm still trying to decide on either the Ravens or the Legend II.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:12 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by rondog
You think you know everything, huh.
First of all, the wheels are machined face, meaning there is no paint on the front surface of the spoke, just raw aluminum machined surface with clearcoat. Secondly, there is a 2 stage paint, like a candy color, black base coat with 2-3 coats of semi-translucent silver pearl. So as the coats build up, the black begins to disapear, thats how we get the "Hyper or Liquid" effect. Meaning that there is no "color in abottle" that can replicate that effect. Lastly, if someone knows of a wheel company that has a touch up paint, I'd love mto find out about it, because my factory doesn't know (nor do I) how to solve the above dilemna. One of the best options is to mix your own paint from OEM colors. Shouldn't be that difficult. Besides, any curbage or scratches to a wheel would most likely be nmore than just paint surfa ce, more like a groove scratch or some sort of deep cut, that would require more than just a color touch up, more like filing down and sanding to get rid of the texture. At that point, a professional wheel repair company wouyld probably be needed.
Maybe I over reacted a bit.
But wouldn't be nice that the factory would do this mix, sice they have more devices, more technicians, more time than me?
I didn't asked for a 100% match paint.NO.I know that this isn't possible.A paint can't fix a scratch.
I asked for a quick solution to mask some curb rush in order to become less evident. Obviously if I want to be perfect I take it to a shop where I pay 150$ for a rim and they refinish it.
But you made me understand that the process is more compex that I THOUGHT and it might be easier to mask a chrome rim scratch that a silver one.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:21 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post