Rear Control Arms Replacement Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 12:34 PM
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 52 Posts
Rear Control Arms Replacement Help

Hello everyone,

About a year ago, I got a new set of tires so I got an alignment done and my rear camber was: -1.0 degree left, and -1.4 degrees right (just inside spec), and my rear toe was not adjustable due to both toe bolts being seized. My toe was very insignificantly off (1/16"). However, that was with an empty trunk, and I do load up the trunk and back seat time to time with things and I know that would push the camber down further and in turn cause the toe to have more of an effect on the tire wear.

I was able to source a good deal on rear control arms (Moog K90706 Lateral Arm), which allow for adjustable toe and camber. However knowing my toe bolts are seized, I want to ensure I get new bolts/washers/nuts of everything that will be removed as there is no guarantee that they will come out easy and be re-usable.

Using OEMAcuraParts (https://www.oemacuraparts.com/auto-p...lower-arm-scat), and looking at the diagram, it's not the easiest to read. I am able to figure out certain nuts, and bolts, however I do not want to miss anything, and the last thing I need is to start the job and then realize I am missing parts, so I was wondering if I could get some help in figuring out what to order and how many of each part I would need. I am replacing both controls arms on each side.

Thanks in advanced.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:25 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 831 Likes on 679 Posts
That arm is for toe only. You'll need another arm, upper for camber.
Example:
https://www.heeltoeauto.com/camber-k...har.6975..html
Old 07-15-2018, 07:39 AM
Racer

thanks for the reply. I'm not sure where you're seeing that.

https://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/moog-k90706

both the leading and trailing arms are adjustable on the arms I picked up. This allows for camber and toe adjustment. Thanks for the link, that's a quality part, but that's much more than I'd like to spend.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:25 AM
Suzuka Master

Do you have 2 or 4 arms?
Old 07-15-2018, 10:26 AM
Racer

I bought a quantity of 2, each package has two arms per side.
Old 07-15-2018, 01:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by vpasla1
I bought a quantity of 2, each package has two arms per side.
Old 07-22-2018, 07:46 AM
Racer

I just wanted to bump this as I'm still looking for help.
I'm going to contact my local dealer this week as well to see if they can help. I just really don't want to take everything apart twice if I can avoid it.
Old 07-23-2018, 12:14 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,166 Likes on 877 Posts
You don't need eccentric bolts anymore. The arms are adjustable.

You can use normal, non eccentric bolts. Buying them from Honda will ensure you keep the right thread pitch, head construction, and overall build.

Finding a plain, locking flange nut may be tricky though. Honda uses a weird thread.

If it makes it easier for you, just buy the eccentric bolts and all associated hardware from Honda anyway. It won't hurt...its just more expensive to buy eccentrics.
Old 07-23-2018, 12:25 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,166 Likes on 877 Posts
Also...I say this all the time...but nobody seems to find it convenient.

Adjustable arms are not a good idea.

If this were me, I would source either a new or lightly used FACTORY Acura OEM toe arm. And replace the factory hardware.

If the car absolutely needed camber adjustment, I would buy an adjustable upper arm as the ONLY adjustable part. And I wouldn't buy it unless I 100% absolutely needed/wanted to. In your case...I would not buy one.

Don't throw a bunch of adjustment at this rear suspension. And avoid non-factory OEM toe arms. I beleive the Acura genuine arms are the only ones with bearings on the spindle side. Bushings in aftermarket arms are prone to failing....partly because that joint is not designed for a bushing.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:59 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
OP, if you still have the stock lower control arms sitting around, can you measure each one and tell me the length?

Thanks
Old 08-21-2018, 09:13 PM
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 146 Posts
Words of wisdom. I don't see why people want an adjustable lower control arm and simultaneously an adjustable upper control arm.. because you need a baseline or a reference point. Too much adjusting on every arm will just move the wheel out of position. And no one should want to move the wheel out of position. All is wanted is camber and toe. I added just 1 adjustable upper arm to assist in camber adjustment. The lower arm is larger and what holds the wheel in place and IMO it should not be "adjusted" or moved.

Originally Posted by BROlando
Also...I say this all the time...but nobody seems to find it convenient.

Adjustable arms are not a good idea.

If this were me, I would source either a new or lightly used FACTORY Acura OEM toe arm. And replace the factory hardware.

If the car absolutely needed camber adjustment, I would buy an adjustable upper arm as the ONLY adjustable part. And I wouldn't buy it unless I 100% absolutely needed/wanted to. In your case...I would not buy one.

Don't throw a bunch of adjustment at this rear suspension. And avoid non-factory OEM toe arms. I beleive the Acura genuine arms are the only ones with bearings on the spindle side. Bushings in aftermarket arms are prone to failing....partly because that joint is not designed for a bushing.
Old 10-26-2019, 12:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I just want to bump this thread as I am looking for the part # for the rear toe arms. After looking at the diagram, I'm not too sure if I have the correct part. Can someone tell if "52360-SEP-A01" is the correct part # for the rear toe arms?

Vehicle: 2006 Acura TL

Thanks.
Old 10-26-2019, 12:10 PM
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 146 Posts
https://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/

Originally Posted by optical24
I just want to bump this thread as I am looking for the part # for the rear toe arms. After looking at the diagram, I'm not too sure if I have the correct part. Can someone tell if "52360-SEP-A01" is the correct part # for the rear toe arms?

Vehicle: 2006 Acura TL

Thanks.