Radial Tire pull - what causes this and is it covered under warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 02:04 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radial Tire pull - what causes this and is it covered under warranty?

Hello everyone,

Apparently my TL has radial tire pull (right side) with my 18" Bridgestone RE 750s that I got a few months ago. I've since put 6000 miles on them (and they were rotated at 1500 miles by a dealer mistake and again rotated last week at 6000 miles in an attempt to fix the tire pull). They rotated the tires front to back since these are directional.

I've had two alignments performed by two different shops (once before the rotation and once after) and everything looks good. Is this something that Bridgestone should cover under warranty? I'm taking it into Wheel Works later to have it looked at.

Thanks for your insight!
Old 11-04-2004, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
I think this would more likely be covered under the Acura warranty. Bridgestone is not likely to cover a tire pulling problem. The dealer should do everything they can to determine the cause and correct it.

The car should not pull unless it is due to the roads or some condition not under Acura's control, which is probably not the case here. If Acura finds that the tire is at fault, it will be their responsiblity to replace the tire and fight it out with Bridgestone themselves.

In any case, this should be corrected by the dealer, under warranty, no matter what it takes.
Old 11-04-2004, 02:53 PM
Cruisin'

Same thing

Acura of Tempe = sucks alot... Anyways, I took my car in to change the front 2 tires (I have a manual transmission and i like to burn them a little) So they change them and damage my Apec rims by chipping off all the "paint" around the corners of the 2 rims. Then they tried to give my car back without telling me that they did that, luckly I looked at the new tires and noticed the rims. Then they tried to say that they didnt jack the rims, and the rims came in like that (now i take great care of my car, except for the burnouts, and i check the tire pressure every 3-5 days, never have i had a scrach on the rims. Plus i only had 8,000 miles on the car itself). Ok, they agreed to re "paint" the rims because they were "defective", but as of today, they have had my car for a 4 days, and it was supposed to be done 2 days ago. I am stuck driving a TSX (no power) and it say LONER in big bold print across the front windshield. Ohh, by the way i took my car in before this last time, because they said they could paint the rims in 1 day, and fix my right pull, but they just messed my rims up more, and the right pull became worse... I am dealing with total incompetince. Anyone have any ideas what i should do, or how to get the right pull to straiten up? BTW, if i didnt make sence there is becuase I am mad right now because the dealership wont return my calls to see if my car is done or not.
Old 11-04-2004, 09:03 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Oh, these are non-Acura purchased tires and they have been determined to be "defective" per the Firestone tech. They cross rotated the tires and it drifted left at that time. And because they've already rotated the tires front to back and it didn't fix the problem, it is at least both of the right side tires but I think they might try to replace all of them.

Unfortunately, I have to talk to the store manager tomorrow to figure out what he wants to do. They don't even have the tires in stock so I'll have to wait for them to come in as well.