AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL Tires, Wheels & Suspension (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-tires-wheels-suspension-97/)
-   -   PLEASE HELP ASAP! Compliance Bushing replacement (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-tires-wheels-suspension-97/please-help-asap-compliance-bushing-replacement-971504/)

Kenpilot 07-12-2018 08:19 PM

PLEASE HELP ASAP! Compliance Bushing replacement

I just replaced my right lower arm compliance bushing with no problems. I went to replace the left one and removed the old bushing without noting where the arrow was pointing! How in the hell do I install the new one now if I have no idea how the old one was positioned? Any chance someone could go take an up close picture of their Left lower arm compliance bushing for me and I guess I could guesstimate how to install it? How critical is it if I install it incorrectly or in the wrong position? Should it be prettymuch the same position as the right front one was? Please help so I can finish this tonight! 06 Acura TL A/T.

BROlando 07-12-2018 11:32 PM

There are two raised bosses on the LCA. The arrows line up with those.

Position of the compliance bushing is extremely important.

Google photos of LCA's and you'll see it. I don't think I took any when I did mine :'(

Kenpilot 07-13-2018 07:48 AM

You know, I thought it was strange that they didn't have some sort of markings on the LCA for the arrows if they were meant to be installed a specific way and I did notice those raised bosses and wondered if those were it. lol Thanks!! Now the question is, there is an arrow on the top and bottom of the bushings. I specifically remember which side was the top on the right side when I removed the old one, is the top the same side for the left as well? I mean I would think so, but want to make sure. One side looks like a bridge so to speak the goes all the way across the bushing and the other side looks like a half of a bridge, or diving board that only goes half way across, if that makes any sense. I swear I've seen some videos or pics where the "bridge side" was the top but yet my right side definitely had the half bridge/diving board side on top. Thanks again!!

rockstar143 07-13-2018 07:55 AM

i don't think up down matter...
use your driver side one to figure out which way your passenger side one goes!

Kenpilot 07-13-2018 08:48 AM

Ok cool thanks! I double checked my passenger side and even though I lined up the arrow pretty much exact with the old arrow (I marked it before I removed it), it's about an 1/8inch outside the raised boss on the LCA. Is it going to matter that much, is it even worth it to remove it and replace it again lining up exactly with the raised boss, or just leave it like it is?. Thanks a lot for the replies!!

rockstar143 07-13-2018 09:02 AM

if I had to guess...I'd say it's likely fine.

JMiles_T 07-17-2018 12:49 PM

I did this job a while ago...

Picture