New tires for 2006 TL

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 10:12 PM
ranger

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
New tires for 2006 TL

I have read plenty of posts about high performance tires and larger wheels. Now for something completely different - I like the stock Bridgestone EL42s. Mine now have 40K miles and have 5/32nds left. They ride and handle well, are reasonably quiet and they wear well. However, they are expensive and they get that annoying flat spot when they sit for a few days.
Do we have another conservative driver who has had good experience with all-season tires as good or better than the originals? Most of my driving is at highway speeds with a minimum of local traffic. I would like to go to 245x45 17s to protect the wheels and just because they look good.
Thanks,
Ranger
Old 08-10-2010, 08:05 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The flat spotting was supposedly fixed in later versions of that tire. When I had an 04 TL, I had the same issue. I believe Acura switched to the Pilot Sport A/S. Those are also quite expensive. On my CPO 06 TL, it came with Capital Sport UHP tires. I'd never heard of them until this car and did some research. They're super cheap, like $60 a tire and seem to hold up well. I don't mind them.

Joe
Old 08-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
I've been eying the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity. These allseasons are made just for quiet and comfort. Supposedly handle a little better than most of the OEMs they replace. Once my GN is running and the TL goes back to comfortable DD status I may try these.

Here's one comment:

This is the quietest and smoothest tire I've ever owned. These will definitely be replaced with the same without any exception. Very quiet, very smooth. My Jag already felt like a cat on the prowl, but these skins made her ride even quieter and more smoothly. An excellent purchase.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars
I've been eying the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity. These allseasons are made just for quiet and comfort. Supposedly handle a little better than most of the OEMs they replace. Once my GN is running and the TL goes back to comfortable DD status I may try these.

Here's one comment:

This is the quietest and smoothest tire I've ever owned. These will definitely be replaced with the same without any exception. Very quiet, very smooth. My Jag already felt like a cat on the prowl, but these skins made her ride even quieter and more smoothly. An excellent purchase.
I had them on my TL. I had wear issues but its not due to the tires I found out, its due to alignment troubles with my TL specifically. Before that though, the tires were excellent. If money is no object I would recommend getting them. They are a great match for the TL! One of the quietest and most comfortable ride qualities I have ever experienced.