need help with my KA DUNK KA DUNK

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help with my KA DUNK KA DUNK

so thats all i hear when im on the freeway, KA DUNK KA DUNK KA DUNK....i feel everything i drive over, especially on roads that are uneven. so i was wondering if this was the cause to all the rattling that people have been talking about [i havent gotten any rattles yet (less than 2k)]. the road causes the ride to become shaky and in turn causes the parts in the car to become loose and begin to rattle after a period of time.

anybody know or think they kno what are the causes of the rattles?

what can i mod to make the car feel less of the road? this is what the shock absorbers or suspension is for right? Besides those two what are other things that can make it a smoother ride.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by cloverx38
so thats all i hear when im on the freeway, KA DUNK KA DUNK KA DUNK....i feel everything i drive over, especially on roads that are uneven. so i was wondering if this was the cause to all the rattling that people have been talking about [i havent gotten any rattles yet (less than 2k)]. the road causes the ride to become shaky and in turn causes the parts in the car to become loose and begin to rattle after a period of time.

anybody know or think they kno what are the causes of the rattles?

what can i mod to make the car feel less of the road? this is what the shock absorbers or suspension is for right? Besides those two what are other things that can make it a smoother ride.

Thanks in advance.

What kind of car do you drive. If its the 07-08 TLs its probably the same problem where all facing. Does this happen when your going over bumps. I'm not sure if your problem is what all the fellow type s owners are having if your hearing rattling. All we are gettin gis the klunking noise . The sound that make you think your shock absorbers are bad. A set of teins would help solve your problem if you hearing a klunking noise
Old 03-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by 07_TLS
What kind of car do you drive. If its the 07-08 TLs its probably the same problem where all facing. Does this happen when your going over bumps. I'm not sure if your problem is what all the fellow type s owners are having if your hearing rattling. All we are gettin gis the klunking noise . The sound that make you think your shock absorbers are bad. A set of teins would help solve your problem if you hearing a klunking noise
got a 07 tl-s with perf. tires

my bad. i didnt mean "so thats all i hear when im on the freeway" i meant "thats what i feel when im on the freeway" the ride is rough...what are the reasons ppl pick up teins? anybody pick up a set of teins n felt a difference in the "rough ride" from when the car was stock?
Old 03-06-2008, 07:36 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
The ride is "rough" because 1.) the road sucks and 2.) It's a firm "sport" suspension; it doesn't so much "float" over bumps as it plows through them.

I DON'T get a loud "thump in the trunk" that some TL-S's have had from the rear dampers. But the stock suspension on really bad roads, was a jarring ride. On "normal" roads, it was fine by me.

If you wanted a soft ride, you should've got the base TL. You might be able to get some springs/shocks or coil-overs that will make it feel better for you.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:58 PM
Registered speed offender

Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
megan coilovers have a soft ride,and i believe you can keep them at stock heights...but im not positive,i have mine lowered maybe 1.50 inches and there is a huge amount of height adjustment left...when i had them at a soft setting it was like driving on pillows.