Long term use question about Tein SS

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 12:57 PM
04 Abyss Nav, 07 KBP TL-S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long term use question about Tein SS

For all the folks running the Tein SS (with or without the EDFC) for more than 1 year, have you had any problems with noise, ride or quality (component failures) since installing that suspension setup? How about alignments, did you find that you needed to frequently re-align the car? I have a 2 week old TL-S KBP that I'm just itchin to get on the ground, but before I blow close to $1K, I would just like some feedback from the old pros. Thanks for any feedback, I know this is a site where I can respect your input b/c you guys know your stuff.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by sherwin991
For all the folks running the Tein SS (with or without the EDFC) for more than 1 year, have you had any problems with noise, ride or quality (component failures) since installing that suspension setup? How about alignments, did you find that you needed to frequently re-align the car? I have a 2 week old TL-S KBP that I'm just itchin to get on the ground, but before I blow close to $1K, I would just like some feedback from the old pros. Thanks for any feedback, I know this is a site where I can respect your input b/c you guys know your stuff.

noise is same. ride all depends on what you set it on. i've been hearing more rattles since installation, but that's a result of my setting (i set it on 3, so it's pretty stiff).

the re-alignment i do every 6 months regardless.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:16 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
I bought mine used, and have 10K plus on em already. They're still fine.

Accuratein has some 70K plus miles on his if I'm not mistaken.

My front left EDFC motor pops an error message every 2-3 weeks. A quick reset and it's fine. I figure the motor is losing momentary connection temporarily... Used equipment I guess.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:52 PM
FOR SALE - BM

Originally Posted by Kennedy
My front left EDFC motor pops an error message every 2-3 weeks. A quick reset and it's fine. I figure the motor is losing momentary connection temporarily... Used equipment I guess.
Thats funny, i sometimes get an error message with my FL motor.. Sometimes i get an error from both front motors. I have been having the problem since i got them, used in the blackmarket. I called tein and they said i could send it back and they would look at it and possibly fix it but they told me that it was a somewhat common problem.. quick reset and it usually goes away. Sometimes it comes right back with an error after reset so i leave it off for about 10mins and its good to go. Other than that, i have no problems w my teins. My CAI seems to be getting loose or something , i usually hear it smack around when i start rolling. Especially if i bog it a little.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:35 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by drdamian
Thats funny, i sometimes get an error message with my FL motor.. Sometimes i get an error from both front motors. I have been having the problem since i got them, used in the blackmarket. I called tein and they said i could send it back and they would look at it and possibly fix it but they told me that it was a somewhat common problem.. quick reset and it usually goes away. Sometimes it comes right back with an error after reset so i leave it off for about 10mins and its good to go. Other than that, i have no problems w my teins. My CAI seems to be getting loose or something , i usually hear it smack around when i start rolling. Especially if i bog it a little.
DrD... I was too lazy to type up all that, but mine does the EXACT same thing (EE up front and such occasionally). It'll go for a month, give me an error 1-2- or 3 times, I'll turn it off for a while (a day), turn it back on, it's fine for a month.

Older version with silver box?
Old 06-14-2007, 09:20 PM
FOR SALE - BM

Originally Posted by Kennedy
DrD... I was too lazy to type up all that, but mine does the EXACT same thing (EE up front and such occasionally). It'll go for a month, give me an error 1-2- or 3 times, I'll turn it off for a while (a day), turn it back on, it's fine for a month.

Older version with silver box?

Yeah, i have the older silver box.. I also notice that it hardly did it in the winter. Now that the weather is warmer, it has happend more often. Im just gonna deal with it unless it gets worse. I wonder if anybody else that is viewing this thread and has an edfc has any of these problems.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:11 PM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
I have 15,000 miles on my Tein SS's and I only have one issue with noise. When I go over speedbumps the front right strut makes a small squeaking noise. I'm not sure what it is but it does not seem to be affecting the ride or the performance.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:58 PM
04 Abyss Nav, 07 KBP TL-S

Thanks for the feedback

Thanks guys for all the feedback, I really appreciate it. Seems like the Teins are a good strong setup, so I'll pull the trigger. Any guidance on where to shop would be great, I'll start with the black market on this forum......