Interesting Dealer trip

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 09:03 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting Dealer trip

I went to the dealer last week because of a slight veer to the left at higher speeds. I asked them to check the alignment before I changed my tires so that they couldn't blame the new tires for the problem.

Anyways, the tech took it for a test drive and confirmed that there was a pull to the left. Then he checked the alignment and it appeared to be within spec. He then swapped the front two tires with each other, took it for a test drive but now noticed the bull to the right. He then swapped the "bad tire" to the right rear and noticed that the pull decreased significantly (as did I) and the service guy told me I had a bad tire. Now to me I didn't really care since I was already getting new tires anyways, but they offered me to switch the bad tire out with a brand new one.

I do think though that the pulling to the left/right thing is enhanced in the TL because the steering wheel feels so light. I noticed in my 3 series, that the car pulled a bit to the left on the spot where I usually feel it on the TL, but it just didn't seem like it was a problem because I didn't need to do much to the steering wheel to correct it.

Just a FYI for those who think they may have an alignment problem.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:19 PM
VTEC HoooA

My car pulled very noticeably to the right from day 1 (the car would literally change lanes when you removed your hands from the wheel). I have been to the dealer 5 times for this issue and have been through 4 alignments (each time it was in spec), tire inflation/deflation, tire replacement (Yokohamas), rim replacement (the dealer scratched both wheels during the tire replacement) etc etc. What really irked me is that each and every time I went to pick up the car they stated they fixed the issue, only to find the problem still existed.

I took it in the last time and advised that they either needed to correct the issue, or write me a check.....low and behold it was fixed. Unfortunately they did not and will not tell me what they did (strange to say the least)!! My response from the service manager was that they made adjustements (to what I have no idea).

Low and behold the issue is fixed so all is ok, but I still want to know what they did!!

Old 12-02-2004, 04:31 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

That's exactly what's going on with mine. I have tire pull to the right. I've replaced two of the tires already, and when it still pulled, the dealership did a roadforce balance and found one of the tires to be 28lbs of roadforce. I'm getting it replaced soon, but the weird thing is they said that tire was on the rear right. They rotated it to the front right and now it pulls to the right still but not as much.

Nodoze2004: When you got your tires replaced did the dealer do it or th Yokohama dealer do it? I have Bridgestone RE750s so I always have to go back to the tire store