I need help, please

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 02:54 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I need help, please

Hello everyone I'm just tired of this suspension now I bought this tl 2005 and I love the car but it's just eating tires every 6 months I have to get tires. Well in May I bought some rest camber kit and I install it and got it aligned . I'm at the point now where I feel like going back to stock. The car is lowered I'm not too sure if the drop I bought it that way from what I can tell I seen some green lowering springs on ... I know my shocks are bad because whenever the car hit a pot hole or any bumps it sounds like the engine is gonna fall threw , I feel everything on the road in other words ... I'm seeking you guys help I'm going to purchase 4 new shocks online should I just put the stock spring back on and get it align or just get a front camber kit ? I love my car low but I need a smoother ride I'm expecting a baby soon and I'm just tired of this awful ride .. I have attached pic of the alignment sheet .

One year ago pic I feel like my car got lower from when I originally got it which in assuming since the shocks are bad it probably did
Old 10-26-2015, 08:16 AM
Andrew

Received 532 Likes on 314 Posts
Originally Posted by s2000gtx
...it's just eating tires every 6 months...
Front, or rear tires? Where is it eating them, inside edge?

...I bought some rest camber kit and I install it and got it aligned...
Toe, more than anything eats tires, but why are you -1.4° of camber in the front? That's way too much. Probably to fit the wheels (very low offset).

I'm at the point now where I feel like going back to stock.
This is the best thing to do with a baby on the way, but may not be necessary. It all depends if you can fix the tire issue. You have more important things to worry about than tires.

...I seen some green lowering springs on...
Lowering springs + stock struts = death to your struts

...I know my shocks are bad because whenever the car hit a pot hole or any bumps it sounds like the engine is gonna fall threw , I feel everything on the road in other words ...
This could be several things, probably a combination of the dead struts, super low car, and motor mounts.

...I'm seeking you guys help I'm going to purchase 4 new shocks online should I just put the stock spring back on and get it align or just get a front camber kit ?
Honestly, I'd ditch it all and get a used stock suspension. But that's just me. Let me know if you end up going that way, I know where there are several for cheap.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:31 AM
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 421 Posts
Your tire problem is because it needs a camber kit to correct the neg camber. Theres nothing wrong with the toe.

The easiest, best, and also the cheapest imo is to get used strut assys. Swap them out, get an alignment, and then enjoy the ride.

Congrads on you being a parent soon. Best of luck to you and your family.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:59 AM
Advanced

[QUOTE=01acls;15592632]Your tire problem is because it needs a camber kit to correct the neg camber. Theres nothing wrong with the toe.

The easiest, best, and also the cheapest imo is to get used strut assys. Swap them out, get an alignment, and then enjoy the ride.

Thank you all for the response, I decided instead of changing the spring I would just get some kyb shocks and change all 4 out , my engine mounts are new I change then last year . But with some new shocks and a camber kit I'm hopping the ride would be ALOT smoother and the camber kit to fix the tire eating problem. I'm trying to save expense and my biggest expense on this car so far has been tires seem like every 4-6 months I'm buying them for the front .

Any other suggestion on what else to change while I'm down there to get a much better ride ? Will new top hat help out ?
Old 10-27-2015, 07:39 AM
Andrew

To me, you have to ask why the car has so much negative camber. I'm not saying it's eating the tires, it can, but toe is usually responsible for that. But it's way too much in the front, which leads me to believe the car is either too low (and there are no lowering springs that would cause that naturally that I know of), or someone has jacked with the suspension in order to fit wheels that are the wrong offset.

My car is dropped naturally, and from the pictures my car appears lower than yours, yet my negative camber in the front is only .75. In the rear I'm negative 2 with my drop! Your numbers don't make sense for the front, which is why I asked which tires you were eating...
Old 10-27-2015, 01:19 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by VisualEchos
To me, you have to ask why the car has so much negative camber. I'm not saying it's eating the tires, it can, but toe is usually responsible for that. But it's way too much in the front, which leads me to believe the car is either too low (and there are no lowering springs that would cause that naturally that I know of), or someone has jacked with the suspension in order to fit wheels that are the wrong offset.

My car is dropped naturally, and from the pictures my car appears lower than yours, yet my negative camber in the front is only .75. In the rear I'm negative 2 with my drop! Your numbers don't make sense for the front, which is why I asked which tires you were eating...
Hmm the wheels honestly I had 2008 oem in there and 2 of them were bent so the rims in have on there now came off my old Honda CR-V . There 17in and currently I'm running 235-45-17 . I honestly don't know the offset but if u think that's part of the issue than I'll definitely take it to a tire shop and see if I need offset . I don't know too much about rims and suspension, I know a lot about engine ... But that why now I'm trying to figure out what's going on .
Old 10-28-2015, 07:31 AM
Andrew

If you take one of the wheels off, it'll have the info on the back usually. So are you eating tires front or rear??
Old 10-28-2015, 03:25 PM
Advanced

If you take one of the wheels off, it'll have the info on the back usually. So are you eating tires front or rear??
Eating tires on the inside badly on the front . The back had a camber kit so it not eating too bad there . Also I jack the car today took the tired off and did some inspection and I do indeed have tein springs . And it looks like factory shocks . I took rims off and there nothing there to identify what run size it is . I'm going to get my car align today since I have a 3 year policy with tire plus so I will post the result...
Old 10-28-2015, 03:38 PM
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 78 Posts
Blown struts can really throw your alignment out and like they stated above, toe eats up tires more than anything
Old 10-28-2015, 04:25 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by mvp2765
Blown struts can really throw your alignment out and like they stated above, toe eats up tires more than anything
Here a pic of the new align lament that I got today today

Old 10-28-2015, 04:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,584 Likes on 6,630 Posts
WOW your toe is SO out of whack in the first one. In the second one it's still bad.

You need to find a new alignment shop willing to take the time and patience/effort into zeroing out your toe.

You may have to look into WHY your toe is so badly out of whack... worn suspension components perhaps..
Old 10-28-2015, 04:37 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by thoiboi
WOW your toe is SO out of whack in the first one. In the second one it's still bad.

You need to find a new alignment shop willing to take the time and patience/effort into zeroing out your toe.

You may have to look into WHY your toe is so badly out of whack... worn suspension components perhaps..

The guy that did it I can honestly say took his time seem like that's he best he could of gotten . He didn't rush. I seen him playing with it for a while and got those result but they look the same every time they correct the toe isn't it's never Perfectly at Zero. And than again these Miami streets are ruff because I don't get how I get a alignment every 5-6 month and the toe is out that badly
Old 10-28-2015, 04:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,584 Likes on 6,630 Posts
yeah, hence why I'm thinking you got some worn components... I'm not that much of a suspension expert but maybe LCA is shot? Someone hopefully can chime in
Old 10-28-2015, 05:19 PM
Andrew

Eating tires on the inside badly on the front .
Wow, your toe was definitely killing your tires! But I'm almost certain that the -1.4° camber is contributing. As I said before, I'm probably dropped lower than you, and I'm at -.7°, so something has to be off somewhere else. More than likely the destroyed struts like you say.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:36 PM
Advanced

Wow, your toe was definitely killing your tires! But I'm almost certain that the -1.4° camber is contributing. As I said before, I'm probably dropped lower than you, and I'm at -.7°, so something has to be off somewhere else. More than likely the destroyed struts like you say.
They guy that was aligning my car say sometime the spring starts to sagg. I don't know how long these spring was on my car for but i never heard of spring going bad . I think I'm going to invest in a tein coil over . I think that would solve most of my problem since it's all in one , spring and new shocks and if needed I can raise my car slight higher than where it's at now which should help on the camber because I do agree seem like there must be something else wrong but For now that would solve a lot of issue . Either coil over or a aspec suspension of I can find one .
Old 10-28-2015, 05:41 PM
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 421 Posts
A little bit of neg toe is ok bc when the car is in motion the suspension will give/flex a little bring the toe to zero degrees or close to it. Especially on an older vehicle.