HELP some! Damage via Discount Tire Co.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
HELP some! Damage via Discount Tire Co.

I'm not really sure how to word this, but Discount Tire Co damaged by A-Spec wheels while they were balancing them on some sort of buffer machine; it's supposed to be for steel wheels only, aspecs are aluminum. The guys were all in all pretty kewl about it, although the "tech" that did it got a load of shit. Anyways, they ALMOST ordered me some brand new wheels through Acura of Bellevue, but I received a call from the assistant manager saying that they had found a "new set in the boxes" in their WAREHOUSE. WTF does that mean? Their "warehouse"?! Has ANYONE had any sort of experience with discount tire company and their "warehouse"? I'd imagine the "new wheels" were probably refurbished wheels from another person's car who they also damanged...? HELP please...!!!

Please and thanks,
Eric

Last edited by erick3; 03-24-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
Sorry to say it happens, but you've got to give them a chance to correct the problem. When they get the new wheels at their shop, take a ride down there and compare the color/shade of the wheels compared to yours. If they look new and the same shade, let them do the exchange. Also check the inner and outer lips of the wheels for any rough areas, eg areas that has been sanded and refurbished.
Don't get too snippy, as they are only obligated to give you the value of the used wheels, not new ones, unless the wheels they damaged were new.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:22 PM
Safety Car

yeah i guess you're right. it just seemed a bit sketchy. the notion that they would happen to have a set of wheels for an acura tl that were in a discontinued size/make seemed "off" non-the less to me. iono, i guess it doesn't hurt to let them do their thing, but i'm sure you can understand where my concerns root from!

your comment actually calmed me down..lol thanks man.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Discount Tire (location) damaged the wheels? I have a set of A-Specs coming this week. I live in Tacoma, so if these guys are South of Seattle I'd like to stay away from that place!!
Old 03-25-2009, 12:52 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by TeeL08
Which Discount Tire (location) damaged the wheels? I have a set of A-Specs coming this week. I live in Tacoma, so if these guys are South of Seattle I'd like to stay away from that place!!
Mukilteo it's laaammmeee