H&R vs Tein Basic/SS coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 01:53 AM
Mad Islander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H&R vs Tein Basic/SS coilovers

OK I know I may be asking for a bit here and many people have opinions so I'll just take it for what its worth. I've been debating coilover setups for my 07 WDP Acura TL-S. I know H&R has had a good line of coilovers but I'm not as proficient with the Teins as many guys on this board are. Infact I'm pretty clueless when it comes to these coilovers. I hear a lot on these boards about people having clanging or strange issues with teins but I don't really hear much about the H&R's. Maybe its because not many people on here use them.

If any of you have some opinions about both springs I'd greatly appreciate them.
Slammed_JDM...i'm definatelly open to your suggestions bro! WDP's 4 da win baby!
Old 06-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Shyne

I already made a thread like yours, check it out.
https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/13-year-old-charged-abducting-exotic-dancer-161561/
Old 06-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
H&R doesn't have dampening adjustment
Old 06-25-2007, 11:40 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by JJaber06
H&R doesn't have dampening adjustment
Ur are correct they dont. But the quality of the ride compared to the Teins is unreal. Like i have said before. Many of my freinds are running full Tein setups on their 350z and Altimas. U cannot compare in no way the quality of my ride with theres. Im not bashing on Tein but i wouldnt go this way. If you have the money go for the H&R u wont regret it.

And thanks for inluding my name in ur main post. :thumpsup:
Old 06-25-2007, 11:53 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
How much did you get your H&R's for JDM? Where did you get em?
Old 06-25-2007, 12:17 PM
DER NEUE ^

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There was a guy on here who said that the H&R coilover he got came disassembled/springs not pressed. Also he mentioned that it said Accord on the shocks but the springs were probably TL specific since it's heavier than the USDM or JDM Accord/Acura TSX. What I gathered from what I heard about the H&R coilover for our application and my direct conversations with them is basically that they use the same shocks for all three cars I mentioned, coil springs are car specific though. What sucks is that the shocks/springs come not pressed, you gotta do it yourself. I don't know, I respect H&R and all, but this particular set up seems kinda weak to me!
Old 06-25-2007, 12:34 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by ACTROS
There was a guy on here who said that the H&R coilover he got came disassembled/springs not pressed. Also he mentioned that it said Accord on the shocks but the springs were probably TL specific since it's heavier than the USDM or JDM Accord/Acura TSX. What I gathered from what I heard about the H&R coilover for our application and my direct conversations with them is basically that they use the same shocks for all three cars I mentioned, coil springs are car specific though. What sucks is that the shocks/springs come not pressed, you gotta do it yourself. I don't know, I respect H&R and all, but this particular set up seems kinda weak to me!
I agree with u on the whole weak part of the way everything comes in parts. But maybe if u think about it quality items need to be built. Or something like that. lol
Old 06-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Mad Islander

no prob slammed, like i said your car is sweet.

thank you everyone for your input. I will be looking into this with one of my friends on the board as well, pellepelle_10.

So if anyone knows where to get H&R's for a sweet deal, send us some love thru a pm!
Old 06-25-2007, 02:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
We sell H&R coilovers if you need a set. However, I recommend TEIN over H&R in this case. If you had a BMW/Audi or VW I would say go with H&R, but the fact of the matter is is that TEIN offers more for less of a price tag. H&R's coilovers only offer ride height adjustment and their list is $1250. TEIN offers the same thing with a list of $750. The ride is firm than stock, but not stiff or jarring. And if you want more adjustment you could get the SS and still pay less than the H&R setup.

Secondly, to Slammed_JDM you cannot compare the rdie of a 350Z to a TL. You have to compare apples with apples. If now you drove in a TL with TEIN Basics and then the H&R then you could make an accurate comparison.

However, in the end it comes down to personal preference. If anyone wants the H&R coilover setups I can do $1025 shipped. PM me on TEIN prices.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Mad Islander

excelerate, thanks for the reply! PM sent!