!Group Buy! HT-Spec VERSION 2.0 Coilover Damper Kit, TSX TL & Accord !Group Buy!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
!Group Buy! HT-Spec VERSION 2.0 Coilover Damper Kit, TSX TL & Accord !Group Buy!

Cliff's Notes:
Total People Needed: 10 per car, mixed Type-I and -II
Price: $554 for Type-I and $824 for Type-II
Link to Where To Buy In and Product Details:
http://www.heeltoeauto.com/product.php?productid=65946
Ending Date: January 15th 2012

Ok cheater, read on for more specifics…

Join this Group Buy to get a great deal on the HTSpec V2 Coilover Kits today!

We are assuming you are familiar with this product, but below are a few benefits of adding a HTSpec V2 Coilover Kits to your 04-08 TSX/TL/TL-S and 03-07 Accord (All):
  • Is guaranteed to achieve the lowered height you want.
  • Offers a ride that enhances control without pissing off your mother-in-law or girlfriend.
  • Increases handling to high heights; even suitable to track day use.
  • Comes with unmatched Heeltoe Customer Support & Service.
  • Made with pride with the cooperation of Function/Form.

For More Details On This Product, Please Visit The "Buy-In" Link Provided In The Instructions Below!

Retail Price: $599 for Type-I and $824 for Type-II
Regular Heeltoe Price including coupons: $578 for Type-I and $867 for Type-II
GROUP BUY DEAL: $554 for Type-I and $824 for Type-II

General Shipping and Payment details:
  • All those who need shipping = Shipping cost is calculated in the shopping cart when checking out.
  • Cash, Paypal, Credit Card, and Money Order are all available checking out online with no extra fees.
  • Payment is due at the time of JOINING the group buy. All payments are 100% refundable should the volume requirement not be met. Read this link for heeltoeauto.com money management procedures.

Instructions:
1- BUY IN on heeltoeauto.com using this link:
BUY IN
  • Choose your car, Type-I or -II, and Spring option
  • Add camber kits and sway bars as desired
  • Select your referring forum & Enter Your Screen Name (enter "Anonymous to remain unknown)
  • Proceed to Check Out, Choose Shipping Method
2- Wait for your name to be added to the list.
For security purposes you may request to remain anonymous. You'll be added to the list as anonymous.

3- Watch the list grow (Psst, frequent bumping and adding a link to your sig will help things progress quicker).
4- Wait for the deadline. When the deadline is reached...
  • ... if there are enough people on the list we will proceed with filling the orders!
  • ... if the deadline is not reached, we will give you the option of exclusive pricing on the HTSpec V2 Coilover Kits (after all, you did want it, right?).
  • ... if you decline to participate, regardless if we have enough people or not, we will process a 100% refund for store credit, or a 95% money-back refund.
5- Enjoy your HTSpec V2 Coilover Kits!

THE LIST OF PARTICIPANTS...
The list is available on official group buy landing page linked here:
Link here for the list!
The following users liked this post:
JD TL-S (12-15-2011)
Old 12-15-2011, 01:19 PM
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 116 Posts
great deal! hope everyone who's been asking about lowering and coilovers jumps on this!
Old 12-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've been looking into these since they came out.
This Group Buy will probably push me over the edge and get it.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Sorry there is an error above...normal price for Type-II is $899 not $824!
Old 12-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 71 Posts
How do these compair to tein ss if I would get the ERS springs, is there any discount on the upgrade spring option or just on coilovers? Thanks
Old 12-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Former Sponsor

The Type-II would be better comparison. They will go lower than the SS, and they come with upper mounts pre-installed. They cost less and understeer a little less.

Adding the ERS springs raises the rear rate to 8kg (which is better for ultimate performance but the standard springs are really pretty good as is...). The Eibachs are better quality which makes dialing in the height a little easier. Overall the cost addition (we cannot change the $200 surcharge unfortunately) is mostly worth it for people who are going to be working the suspension harder.
The following 2 users liked this post by MrHeeltoe:
callahan (12-16-2011), JD TL-S (12-15-2011)
Old 12-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Also what is the spring rate on these? So with the ERS the total price would be 754? Where are u located, might be willing to pick up in January. Thanks for answering all my questions.

Last edited by callahan; 12-15-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:54 PM
Former Sponsor

12kg front and 6 kg rear. We caution against using these numbers as comparators to other systems since the springs hold the car up but the damper valving is really a critical factor in the ride and handling of the system.

You can only get the ERS with the Type-I kit. Pricing is available in the Buy In link in the OP. I am in Orange County/Socal.
callahan (12-16-2011)
Old 12-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Mr. Heeltoe,
There are so many different systems and price ranges out there, i think i have narrowed it down to the HT-Spec's but i dont know if i should get the 1 or 2. The difference in your GB price is 270 which is not a big deal but if the way i drive is good with type 1 then no point forking out the extra cash for type 2....can you give me some advice...

my 07-TLS is my daily driver for now, come spring once i get other mods on it may become my DD (but only on nice sunny days) i dont race but here and there i like to hear the WOT...milwaukee has some bumping roads as well.......

my last car a 2010 is250 i bought BC racing coils, and after installing it i only played around with the damp system once and that was it.....

so i guess its going to come down to....is the stock damp on the type 1 good enough for my driving? and also is it hard to get to the rear damp adjustment on the type 2? do i have to rip the rear seats off everytime i want to adjust the damp?

i remember i had to pretty much rip all the trunk liners off to get to the rear coils from my lexus which was a hassle....

also, what do you recommend for those who drive in the winter with their cars, should i take the system off in winter or is it ok to go through the harsh winters with them on but raised...

thank you for your time...

if anyone has any recommendations on other systems please let me know,,
Old 12-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Burning Brakes

I tried to add ERS to type 1 and get a idea what shipping will be but it said this option isn't available?
Old 12-16-2011, 01:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Was it a miss type when u said you can only add it to type 1? And you meant type 2? It will let me add it to 2 but that isn't the set up I was looking for.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:32 PM
OMG-6SPD

Received 214 Likes on 172 Posts
Sorry to ask Marcus,you said the spring rates on these are 12k F: 6k R? I was one of the first batch buyers of this coilovers when they first came out (v2.0) & i believe my box said 16k F: 8k R IIRC..
Old 12-16-2011, 05:44 PM
6SPEED FEVER

Received 119 Likes on 97 Posts
Placed my order today at the site..can't wait to get these.thanks Marcus for helping me this morning.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Chapter Leader (Mid-Atlantic Region)

Received 269 Likes on 225 Posts
nice! my cousin was about to purchase this for his accord. Ill join the group buy for him
Old 12-16-2011, 10:21 PM
Safety Car

Received 133 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
12kg front and 6 kg rear. We caution against using these numbers as comparators to other systems since the springs hold the car up but the damper valving is really a critical factor in the ride and handling of the system.

You can only get the ERS with the Type-I kit. Pricing is available in the Buy In link in the OP. I am in Orange County/Socal.
ERS is the Eibach spring upgrade for $200 ?

And you said the upgrade (ERS) with the cheaper Type-1 HT spec coilovers reg $599 ?

I was HIGHLY considering the $899 HT Type-2 because they are like TEIN SS coilvers with damping adjustment. And the top hats come standard and installed. But $200 extra is $1099 without shipping. I was quite excited when I saw $899 with all needed parts. But $1150 with shipping is TOO high fr me. Sorry.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by imports4me
Mr. Heeltoe,
There are so many different systems and price ranges out there, i think i have narrowed it down to the HT-Spec's but i dont know if i should get the 1 or 2. The difference in your GB price is 270 which is not a big deal but if the way i drive is good with type 1 then no point forking out the extra cash for type 2....can you give me some advice...

my 07-TLS is my daily driver for now, come spring once i get other mods on it may become my DD (but only on nice sunny days) i dont race but here and there i like to hear the WOT...milwaukee has some bumping roads as well.......

my last car a 2010 is250 i bought BC racing coils, and after installing it i only played around with the damp system once and that was it.....

so i guess its going to come down to....is the stock damp on the type 1 good enough for my driving? and also is it hard to get to the rear damp adjustment on the type 2? do i have to rip the rear seats off everytime i want to adjust the damp?

i remember i had to pretty much rip all the trunk liners off to get to the rear coils from my lexus which was a hassle....

also, what do you recommend for those who drive in the winter with their cars, should i take the system off in winter or is it ok to go through the harsh winters with them on but raised...

thank you for your time...

if anyone has any recommendations on other systems please let me know,,

My general take is, if you are going to be picky/particular about the ride and handling, there is no sense in getting something you cannot dial in how you like.

Imagine in the situation you had before if there was no ability to adjust beyond a somewhat medium setting...would you have been upset? With our Type-I kit, most people are not.

Originally Posted by callahan
Was it a miss type when u said you can only add it to type 1? And you meant type 2? It will let me add it to 2 but that isn't the set up I was looking for.
Yeah that was a mistake. Apologies! Don't over-estimate the value of the ERS though...90% of people don't get it and don't miss it.

Originally Posted by Bada$$VTEC
Sorry to ask Marcus,you said the spring rates on these are 12k F: 6k R? I was one of the first batch buyers of this coilovers when they first came out (v2.0) & i believe my box said 16k F: 8k R IIRC..
Sorry sir, I believe you are not recalling correctly.

Originally Posted by JD TL-S
ERS is the Eibach spring upgrade for $200 ?

And you said the upgrade (ERS) with the cheaper Type-1 HT spec coilovers reg $599 ?

I was HIGHLY considering the $899 HT Type-2 because they are like TEIN SS coilvers with damping adjustment. And the top hats come standard and installed. But $200 extra is $1099 without shipping. I was quite excited when I saw $899 with all needed parts. But $1150 with shipping is TOO high fr me. Sorry.
I am sorry...why are you basing your decision on the need to get the ERS option? If cost is really the issue I would pass on them.

Maybe you are thinking without the ERS springs you won't get any springs at all? For $899 you DO get all the needed parts. The ERS is an UPGRADE over the standard springs supplied with the kit, which really are perfectly adequate for most all user needs.

Regarding the ERS. It is a really nice option to have and for me it validates the HTSpec product because EIbach would not be associated with a "cheap" or "inadequate" system. As much as it is an attractive option I personally think there is not enough value to justify the $200 additional cost. I generally do not suggest people get it unless they are going to be doing real high end driving and are going to notice the difference (small part of the population).
Old 12-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Safety Car

Thanks I do understand its an upgrade, I am 49 been into cars for 35 years. I just think $200 MORE is steep. Since Asian coils are ALREADY part of the $899, I think $100 would be an UPGRAGE. A whole set of Eibach springs cost a bit more then $200. And thats without a trade in (via upgrade from Asian). Thats all I am saying.

I really LOVED my $950 TEIN SS coilovers and $180 worth of parts to install them ( tophats, etc. Total cost for me to install them was = $1030. When I first read about the HT Spec 2 coilovers for $899 I was very impressed with the info and adjustability as well as already having top hats, etc already installed and included. But finding $200 more to get Good quality coils sucks IMO. In that case they cost MORE then TEIN SS coilovers. Thats all I am saying.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-17-2011, 02:30 PM
Bird is the Word

Received 975 Likes on 632 Posts
This is a great deal, but bad timing for me. Hopefully you'll run this GB at least once a year.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Yes I agree it is pricey, which is why I made sure the standard springs were good enough to be the primary offering. After thousands of hard miles of commuting and driving hard, even on the track, I can say the standard springs by no means should be automatically tossed out in favor of Eibachs just because of the brand name and perceived quality difference. To do so is to sort of cheat the kit as it comes.

Is a Tein SS kit with upper mounts added on a better kit?
Overall quality? Probably. Value for features offered? No.

You only got messed up by adding in the spring option which you really don't need to do to make the HTSpec a good kit.
JD TL-S (12-17-2011)
Old 12-24-2011, 09:09 AM

Just placed a order for the group buy
Old 12-24-2011, 09:17 AM
Safety Car

Marcus. Sorry for asking so many questions.

Are the spring rates the same on Asian and Eibach ?

Also, the OEM TL top hats are steel/rubber.

Are the top hats that come with the HT Spec 2 stiffer then OEM top hats ?

I am just a child learning more each day

Thankyou

Merry Christmas

Jesus is the reason for the season
Old 12-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Spring rates in ERS option are slightly higher in rear for more performance.

The HTSpec upper mounts are rubber only but quite firm. The effect is about neutral but the rubber mounts do add to a slightly less choppy ride than the TL-S.

Merry Christmas!
JD TL-S (12-27-2011)
Old 12-27-2011, 06:11 PM
6MT

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Marcus the USPS Priority Mail is to expensive. Any other options? I am not in a hurry to get them. Thanks in Advance.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:18 PM

woot! early shipment! got a set for my cousin's accord. 584 Shipped!
Thanks for the surprise Marcus!
Old 12-28-2011, 10:36 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
just ordered some type 2s... BUMP!
Old 12-29-2011, 08:28 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm really looking into the type 2s. A question was asked previously and not answered so forgive me for asking again but is it easy to adjust the damp or does it involve removing the backseat or trunk liner?
Old 12-30-2011, 02:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by riicky
Marcus the USPS Priority Mail is to expensive. Any other options? I am not in a hurry to get them. Thanks in Advance.
We normally will do UPS ground at a lesser cost. You might check out with priority, then put a note in there to switch to UPS and we will refund the difference.

Originally Posted by seeya1
I'm really looking into the type 2s. A question was asked previously and not answered so forgive me for asking again but is it easy to adjust the damp or does it involve removing the backseat or trunk liner?
You need to remove the rear seat back. This is not excessively difficult but is somewhat more involved than just popping off a panel.
JD TL-S (12-31-2011)
Old 12-31-2011, 02:57 PM
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Group Buys FTW!!!

just ordered my Type 1's
Old 01-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks!
JD TL-S (01-04-2012)
Old 01-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I am a registered member on heeltoeautomotive.com I was just going to place an order for type 1's and I tried entering the online coupon code "acurazinerocks". The site gave me an error and was unable to apply the discount. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 01-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Racer

^ to get in this group buy, you have to click the BUY IN link that's in the first post of this thread. typing in "acurazine rocks" negates the group-buy aspect.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:17 PM
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts
Just ordered the type 1 coilovers too!!!
JD TL-S (01-04-2012)
Old 01-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GoldenShoes
^ to get in this group buy, you have to click the BUY IN link that's in the first post of this thread. typing in "acurazine rocks" negates the group-buy aspect.
I clicked the buy in link which brought the price from $599 down to $554 + shipping, I'm assuming this is the group buy price. But I swore when I did this before the new year that when you entered "acurazinerocks" into the space below the total on the check out screen it gave an additional discount for purchasing online...
JD TL-S (01-04-2012)
Old 01-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Racer

^ yea, typing that in will give you a discount. but, the price of the group buy is a better percentage and therefore negates the discount of "az rocks"

it would be awesome if you could get the group buy price PLUS the discount, but come on this is the real world and Marcus does have a business to run.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Advanced

How do the type 2s compare to bc racing br series damper kit? I was told "don't mess around just get bc" but they never heard of your product.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Racer

^ I'm kinda bored so I'll answer ur question for you lol

not sure how they'd compare to the BC's, but these coilovers are Function&Forms that are engineered with input from HeelToe to make them HT-Spec.

ask these ppl that are telling you to not mess around what they think about Function&Form, that'll help them out instead of saying HT-Spec.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Advanced

Well considering I won't be talking to them before the group buy is expired. That didn't help me much. I'm a noob to suspension modification that's why I'm asking.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:41 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GoldenShoes
^ yea, typing that in will give you a discount. but, the price of the group buy is a better percentage and therefore negates the discount of "az rocks"

it would be awesome if you could get the group buy price PLUS the discount, but come on this is the real world and Marcus does have a business to run.
Spoke to Marcus today via email about the "acurazinerocks" discount. Looks like that discount expired at the end of the year but he has reinstated it today. The online discount is an addition to the group buy price as far as I'm aware of...
Old 01-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Old MT TL

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
sorry but whats the adjustable and non-adjustable on the type1s? thats the soft/hardness not height right?
Old 01-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Intermediate

Just ordered Type 1's for my TL. Bump for Marcus and Heeltoeauto..great service!

Quick Reply: !Group Buy! HT-Spec VERSION 2.0 Coilover Damper Kit, TSX TL & Accord !Group Buy!