Firestone alignment-NYC do not want to align my car

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Acura TL 04, G37s 19"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Firestone alignment-NYC do not want to align my car

my car is drop with h&R sport and all the shop that i have called (firestone) do not want to service my car (or any other car that has been modify). i even lied and told them it was the a-spec suspention . But it did not work.

i wanted to have the lifetime alignment deal and it seems firestone only offers such service. Any other place you might know in the NYC area that would have such service on comply with a good alignment
Old 08-19-2010, 02:35 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just went through this yesterday. I went to Sears and to my local Honda dealer, and neither of them would align my car for me. I'm pretty much slammed though, and on 19's. Only place that I found down here that would do it, and with a 5 year plan, was Tire Kingdom
Old 08-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

i think other places offer a 3 or 5 year unlimited alignments. you should look into it.

EDIT: Come on Killersrt your stealing all my good info
Old 08-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Middle Finger anyone?

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
That's bullshit! Is there no other firestone shops around that you can go to? There are like 10 in Charlotte alone. You might have to go to Jersy to find a decent one.

I am dropped on the Nuespeed kit. I got my alignment done at firestone and they didn't care. They knew that it was dropped too.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Acura TL 04, G37s 19"

Originally Posted by NCTL05
That's bullshit! Is there no other firestone shops around that you can go to? There are like 10 in Charlotte alone. You might have to go to Jersy to find a decent one.

I am dropped on the Nuespeed kit. I got my alignment done at firestone and they didn't care. They knew that it was dropped too.
well, i did not give up. after work i headed to the closest firestone around my house and was gonna play dumb like i didn't know about lower cars. when i arrived a worker asked me what can he help me with. i told him that i needed the alignment but he wasn't paying attention to me, he was amaze about my g37s infinity rims and how good it looked on my (make believe) type S. He had a rsx type s hooked so we stated talking about cars. He said that he couldn't do the alignment today cause he had a yankees game, i asked him if he was the one responsible for the aligment. He say noooo i'm the owner . So without knowing i was buddy with the owner. He never said anything about my car being lower and gave me the lifetime alignment for $100 (big discount for $169 they are charging).

i guess it was my lucky day, quote of the day "Never give up"
Old 08-19-2010, 08:26 PM
1st TL-S on air in

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
damn alignments cost that much. The guy i go to specializes in lowered cars and does my alignment for $89 if the specs are changed drastically from previous alignment. I go back every 3 months to make sure my alignment is in check.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:37 PM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
Originally Posted by eduardmc
well, i did not give up. after work i headed to the closest firestone around my house and was gonna play dumb like i didn't know about lower cars. when i arrived a worker asked me what can he help me with. i told him that i needed the alignment but he wasn't paying attention to me, he was amaze about my g37s infinity rims and how good it looked on my (make believe) type S. He had a rsx type s hooked so we stated talking about cars. He said that he couldn't do the alignment today cause he had a yankees game, i asked him if he was the one responsible for the aligment. He say noooo i'm the owner . So without knowing i was buddy with the owner. He never said anything about my car being lower and gave me the lifetime alignment for $100 (big discount for $169 they are charging).

i guess it was my lucky day, quote of the day "Never give up"
You're not home free yet. Won't be surprised if he changes his mind tomorrow after he learns you're slammed. (Not to mention that you lied to him about the model of car).
Old 08-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Acura TL 04, G37s 19"

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
You're not home free yet. Won't be surprised if he changes his mind tomorrow after he learns you're slammed. (Not to mention that you lied to him about the model of car).

He was in my car and he did not believe it was a 04 tl because it was well taken care of and it looked like a type S (remember that i have to give my car model and info to get the lifetime warranty). He know my car is slam because he saw it and test drove it with me. He wanted to test how H&R felt. He set up the appointment for saturday and he personally will be working on my car for the alignment.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:09 PM
Acura TL 04, G37s 19"

Originally Posted by wrxyboy
damn alignments cost that much. The guy i go to specializes in lowered cars and does my alignment for $89 if the specs are changed drastically from previous alignment. I go back every 3 months to make sure my alignment is in check.
Is $100 lifetime warranty. As long you have your car you can go everyday if you wish for so many years without paying ever again. i think is worth it. There's no restriction on the alignment Lifetime W other that if you change vehicle warranty is void and you have to rebuy it again.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
wow ... i pay about 90 dollars for one alignment. this cant be profitable for firestone to do this.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:38 PM
Race Director

Is $100 lifetime warranty. As long you have your car you can go everyday if you wish for so many years without paying ever again. i think is worth it. There's no restriction on the alignment Lifetime W other that if you change vehicle warranty is void and you have to rebuy it again.
Uh, you might want to check that. It's every 6K miles. And I believe there is a small labor charge each time $20 buck or so.

Last edited by nfnsquared; 08-19-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:55 PM
Race Director

He was in my car and he did not believe it was a 04 tl because it was well taken care of and it looked like a type S (remember that i have to give my car model and info to get the lifetime warranty). He know my car is slam because he saw it and test drove it with me. He wanted to test how H&R felt. He set up the appointment for saturday and he personally will be working on my car for the alignment.
Good luck with that, hope he doesn't change his mind.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:39 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Uh, you might want to check that. It's every 6K miles. And I believe there is a small labor charge each time $20 buck or so.
provide a Lifetime Limited Warranty* on the alignment, which means we'll set alignment angles on your vehicle every 6,000 miles or whenever needed, free of charge, for as long as you own it

I gotta get my alignment whenever my rim comes in and I'll ask about the labor charge of $20.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:57 AM
Instructor

Just called Firestone in my area and he said there's no labor charge each time I bring it in.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by dajonx
Just called Firestone in my area and he said there's no labor charge each time I bring it in.
Good to know, what did he say about frequency?
Old 08-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Instructor

I didn't ask cuz of "every 6,000 miles or whenever needed", but when I do go there in-person (after I receive the rim...), I'll be sure to ask this and definitely read the fine print. I'll let you know!
Old 08-20-2010, 01:07 PM
Acura TL 04, G37s 19"

Good to know, what did he say about frequency?
i spoke to the owner aswell and there's no labor charger. I asked on how frequently can i do aligment and he said that it would be good to check the alignment everytime an oil change needs to be done, but if i feel i need an alignment to bring it in and they would do it, as long i own the same car. 6k is only an estimate on to went the car would require alignment that is why they have that #.

ok and now please reply back with another negative post .
Old 08-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Race Director

Down boy, down... You made the claim that you could go every day if you wanted according to the lifetime deal. That is not true.

Just trying to point out that "lifetime" has it's limits. It's always wise to read the fine print and understand the limits of the "deal".

And again, I stand corrected on the labor charge.

Last edited by nfnsquared; 08-20-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:22 PM
Instructor

i spoke to the owner aswell and there's no labor charger. I asked on how frequently can i do aligment and he said that it would be good to check the alignment everytime an oil change needs to be done, but if i feel i need an alignment to bring it in and they would do it, as long i own the same car. 6k is only an estimate on to went the car would require alignment that is why they have that #.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:11 PM
Acura TL 04, G37s 19"

Down boy, down... You made the claim that you could go every day if you wanted according to the lifetime deal. That is not true.

Just trying to point out that "lifetime" has it's limits. It's always wise to read the fine print and understand the limits of the "deal".

And again, I stand corrected on the labor charge.

ok lets go back and recap all your comments.

"You're not home free yet. Won't be surprised if he changes his mind tomorrow after he learns you're slammed. (Not to mention that you lied to him about the model of car)."

"Uh, you might want to check that. It's every 6K miles. And I believe there is a small labor charge each time $20 buck or so."

"Good luck with that, hope he doesn't change his mind."

but i'll still let you know how it goes. hope everything goes well
Old 08-20-2010, 02:16 PM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
ok lets go back and recap all your comments.

"You're not home free yet. Won't be surprised if he changes his mind tomorrow after he learns you're slammed. (Not to mention that you lied to him about the model of car)."

"Uh, you might want to check that. It's every 6K miles. And I believe there is a small labor charge each time $20 buck or so."

"Good luck with that, hope he doesn't change his mind."

but i'll still let you know how it goes. hope everything goes well
don't take things so personal. he was just cautioning you
Old 08-20-2010, 03:36 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
i have firestone alignment and i am slammed on Teins
Old 08-20-2010, 04:02 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by swoosh
i have firestone alignment and i am slammed on Teins
Me too... I have the Firestone "Lifetime" alignment & Tien coil-overs in CA & have not had any issues.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Instructor

Does anyone have a coupon for the Firestone Lifetime Alignment? All I can find is a $10 coupon on their website.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Wow, you guys like your alignments. Alignments are usually done when you change something like lowering the car and on a routine basis when you get new tires just to be safe.

Unless your suspension has a lot of wear or you hit something, alignment should never change. No need to check it so often.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:57 PM
Race Director

Does anyone have a coupon for the Firestone Lifetime Alignment? All I can find is a $10 coupon on their website.
They have specials and bigger coupons from time to time. If you're not in a big hurry, sign up for their "special offers via e-mail" and see what happens.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by I hate cars
Wow, you guys like your alignments. Alignments are usually done when you change something like lowering the car and on a routine basis when you get new tires just to be safe.

Unless your suspension has a lot of wear or you hit something, alignment should never change. No need to check it so often.
Well, for me, I have a cracked rim so I'm waiting for the new rim to come so I'm just preparing myself to get it mounted/balanced and aligned. Also, a guy at Pepboys told me that my tires have uneven wear (inside is wearing out faster) so I thought the alignment would help a lot in this area. That is, if the tires are still good...

They have specials and bigger coupons from time to time. If you're not in a big hurry, sign up for their "special offers via e-mail" and see what happens.
Sweet, thanks!!
Old 08-20-2010, 11:35 PM

date a chic who works there she has a 50% coupon on her hidden somewhere....

i got the lifetime alignment for $75 + tax

Originally Posted by I hate cars

you bet....but the roads are so messed up i hit 3-4 potholes every day .....plus if you want tire warranty its a must

i am slammed on teins and my last set of falkens ze912 lasted only 17K miles....camber wear killed them......i raised the ride height by ~0.5-0.75" and i get the alignment every time i do my oil change.....now my fuzion hri's are lasting 30K miles....and only 50% wear....

so i would say if your kinda slammed...i would say go for alignment.....
Old 08-21-2010, 09:13 AM
Instructor

Hahaha awesome!

I found this coupon for those with military IDs for 25% off:
http://tri-lakesmilitarydiscounts.co...oneJuly_08.htm

I'm hoping that my DoD ID works! They would be pretty dick if they didn't allow it, right?
Old 08-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Jskman987
Me too... I have the Firestone "Lifetime" alignment & Tien coil-overs in CA & have not had any issues.
Which Firestone do you go to in Norcal? I'm trying to find a legit one up there that can do lowered cars.

you bet....but the roads are so messed up i hit 3-4 potholes every day .....plus if you want tire warranty its a must

i am slammed on teins and my last set of falkens ze912 lasted only 17K miles....camber wear killed them......i raised the ride height by ~0.5-0.75" and i get the alignment every time i do my oil change.....now my fuzion hri's are lasting 30K miles....and only 50% wear....

so i would say if your kinda slammed...i would say go for alignment.....
It's the TOE wear that killed them, not camber wear. Camber wear does not do this to you, or at least not as fast..

Tell them specifically next time you want to zero out the Toe. These dude's would fix your camber if they even know how. I know the fronts, they wont even touch since it's a pain in the ass. Rears, possibly if you find the right mechanic who will do the job for you.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:48 AM

i go in the bay in firestone, courtesy the chic LOL....

but yeah i am right there with this dude....and lucky it was a tuner freak asian dude working on my car who knew his shit.....i thought i would have to direct this mechanic guy but i ended up learning so much more from him....

no it was the camber wear....the outside (closer to the outer wall) of the tires were fine and i could see threads on the inside.....
Old 03-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts
anyone know any good firestone spots near central jersey that will definitely align a lowered car. Any firestones around rutgers new brunswick?
Old 03-20-2011, 02:05 AM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts

ok and now please reply back with another negative post .
Which Firestone is this bro?