Finally stricken by tires and poor Service Shops.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004 | 02:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Finally stricken by tires and poor Service Shops.

So now my tire saga begins.

Being a vin #259, I certainly know about 04TL problems. I had the good ole flatspotting issue, but it really didn't bother me, 5 minutes and I was into polished glass smooth driving.

Until my A1 service trip. The slack@$$ technicians at Acura of Athens dinged up my wheels when they rotated the tires. So I whined, and they replaced two of them with wheels/tires from another TL sitting there. Well apparently that was my curse, these are just FUBAR'd set of wheels/tires. Took them to Ed Voyles Acura for a balance the day before my trip to Orlando last week, got it back, vibration was even worse, cept I was already on I75 south. I called ahead to Fountain Acura in Orlando to see if I could get an appt on friday. I then turned and called EdVoyles back to let them know how awful it was and how disappointed I was, I had to leave a voicemail cuz they were already closed.

Friday morning I got a call from Fountain, with a 3pm appt. Did that, but it didn't help the balance at all. About noon that same day I got a call from Ed Voyles with "well hey, when you get back in Atlanta, give us a call and we got a new set of tires for ya, those are bad and my mgr said to just replace them to fix your problem"

WELL, I hear from Fountain Acura rep that my VIN# falls in the list on the bulletin from Acura that qualifies to have them replaced anyway from the early build problems.

So my current rant is.. WHY THE F DIDN'T THE FIRST 3 SHOPS THAT BALANCED IT DO IT THEN. Slack @$$ Piece of SHEET friggin lazy greedy good for nothing dealerships. One told me that they'd have to drive it to determin if it vibrated bad enough to replace. Hell with that, I qualify to have them done regardless, JUST DO IT.

I've about had it up to HERE with Acura and their damn service shops.

I am going to be nice to Ed Voyles for offering new tires and I hadn't even requested it, but damn, do ya really have to pull teeth from this company to get every little thing done.
Old 05-17-2004 | 03:02 PM
Moderator Alumnus

If you talk about Maxwell's EL42s tires issue, VINs up to 031030 should be in the list.

P.S. Last week, someone was asking who has named his/her cars, I just couldn't recall your name at that time...
Old 05-17-2004 | 04:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Sherlock, sorry to hear about your issues. At least one of them offered new tires. Mayhap you should take advantage of the opportunity to get something other than EL42s?
Old 05-17-2004 | 07:27 PM
Burning Brakes

I'm gunna let it ride, I actually like the tires, and the originals were flawless after the few minutes of warm up, and I like the performance of them, so to get new ones after 10,000 miles for free, i'm not going to whine.

I think I just might like Ed Voyles Acura IF they take care of Maxwell well and don't fudge up anything else in the process.

The guy there also commented in discussion that Acura is VERY well aware of the back dash rattle from the sub, it's in engineering so all we can do is wait.

If they take care of Max nicely, then Watson is going in for an overhaul at 90k (3k more) for new suspension, clutch, maybe tranny, and timing belt, a ton of work, but they'll win the business for doing me well this time. If it goes well.

I called today to order the new set and they'll be in this week.

I told him to get me a TSX if he can for my loaner, I just want to try one, and see if the import build quality is higher than our Ohio crap.