Fair Warning to All who are considering Racing Harts and Maya's

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fair Warning to All who are considering Racing Harts and Maya's

I ordered a set of multi piece Racing Harts 8 weeks ago. We(friends shop) were told by the distributor that it would take about 4-6 weeks max to have them to their shop. 8 weeks now, numerous phone calls and e-mail later we have not received one single straight and honest answer to what the delay is. Not even an apology.

Things got fishy so we did some research.

First off the distributor was answering calls on their cell phone.
Second off, two other major distributors said that they heard this company had filed bankrupcy twice recently.
Third, we were told on several occasions that they did not make the wheels and simply sent e-mails back and forth to the Japanese manufacturer. Once they were completed and sent out they received a confirmation e-mail and simply waited another 2-3 weeks for them to arrive in CA.

Pretty easy to see that most likely they are going under. I really hope my friends at the shop who have been in the business a long time get their money back. To say I'm upset and pissed would be an understatement. This would have been my 3rd set of Racing Harts and I felt they were going to be really unique on the car. Now I have to find something else and of course wait another 2 months for them to come in. Oh well things could be worse.

I'm not trying to slam anyone but know that most of us like nice wheels and don't want anyone to go through the same bs that I've been dealing with. I think everyone knows who this distributor is since they are the sole US importer of 4 types of wheels that include RH and Maya.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:25 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
Trevor, I know you've been waiting a long time. Sounds like you've cancelled your order and got *your* money back??

Where is the problem? It's not clear to me whether it's the distributor you guys were working with or the company that owns the Racing Hart and Maya brands.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Instructor

I went ahead and ordered something else today. Actually think they will look better anyway haha. The shop just held my money as a credit and applied them towards the new order.

We don't know the exact root of the problem but think it has something to do with the distributor at this point from everything that has been thrown around. Something fishy is going on thats for sure. You know it would have been completely different if they said hey we are having problems and its going to take longer but that just wasn't the case. I really hope the shops money is credited back to them as they have always gone way above and beyond to help out in the many years I've done business with them.

Companies are dropping like flies right now so to be honest I'm not that shocked.
Are you going to the meet up on Saturday? I'll be there and hope to meet some of you guys.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:30 AM
#ForcedInductionFamily

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sucks about the order Trevor, but the new wheels will look hot on your car dude
Old 06-12-2008, 01:15 AM
SC TL to RS4 to 911

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well it does sound like the distributor is shady a bit but I think also they told you guys that because they wanted business, bc my friend that own a tuner shop here called his guy to see how long it would take to get the Racing Hart RS451 (my first wheel of choice) but after his guy contacted the Japanese manufacturer they told him it would take up to 6 months before I get them. I said never mind and went with the GT-30 from Volk.
I'm just shock the distributor said 4-6 weeks (unless he had it there already) because first off the manufacturer would have to make the wheels, then put it on a freight (20-25 days at sea) then get to the port and unload (1-2 days) then go threw customs (which could take up to 2 months) then put it on a train or truck and ship it across the country (10 days) then go to a carrier facility to be delivered to your buddies shop. I know about freight shipment bc my wife deals with international freight service.
Sorry for the long response just bored. LOL So what is the next wheel of choice??
Old 06-12-2008, 08:34 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
1) Don't know who this distributor is ...I'm just ignant, I guess .

2) What did you get instead?

3) Saturday's on? Jon keeps saying it's 50/50 because people can't seem to commit or have other plans.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CS-SuperchargedTL
Well it does sound like the distributor is shady a bit but I think also they told you guys that because they wanted business, bc my friend that own a tuner shop here called his guy to see how long it would take to get the Racing Hart RS451 (my first wheel of choice) but after his guy contacted the Japanese manufacturer they told him it would take up to 6 months before I get them. I said never mind and went with the GT-30 from Volk.
I'm just shock the distributor said 4-6 weeks (unless he had it there already) because first off the manufacturer would have to make the wheels, then put it on a freight (20-25 days at sea) then get to the port and unload (1-2 days) then go threw customs (which could take up to 2 months) then put it on a train or truck and ship it across the country (10 days) then go to a carrier facility to be delivered to your buddies shop. I know about freight shipment bc my wife deals with international freight service.
Sorry for the long response just bored. LOL So what is the next wheel of choice??

My thoughts exactly. After thinking about it over the last few weeks I was wondering the same thing. How in the world could they commit to getting them that fast. Especially with all of the tightened port and customs restrictions now. I just wasn't buying the whole "its the manufacturer" thing. Seems like someone that has been in the business for a while would have a better handle on the communication with the supplier and established ETA's. While I can completely grasp the fact they take a while to make and some of that process is out of their hands it just didn't add up and in the end I think I will be much happier anyway.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:51 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by chill_dog
1) Don't know who this distributor is ...I'm just ignant, I guess .

2) What did you get instead?

3) Saturday's on? Jon keeps saying it's 50/50 because people can't seem to commit or have other plans.

Just google racing hart or maya and they should come up as the distributor.

Not telling on the new ones!! If I gotta wait another 2 months then so does everyone else! haha

I pm'd him about the meet-up and he said there was a lack of commitment but to come on by because someone was going to be there working on their car. I figured I would wait until Saturday and then call him to see whats going on. Would really like to meet some of you guys so hopefully it works out.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by TrevorT
Just google racing hart or maya and they should come up as the distributor.

Not telling on the new ones!! If I gotta wait another 2 months then so does everyone else! haha

I pm'd him about the meet-up and he said there was a lack of commitment but to come on by because someone was going to be there working on their car. I figured I would wait until Saturday and then call him to see whats going on. Would really like to meet some of you guys so hopefully it works out.
Too lazy.

Weak.

Yeah, that's where I'm at...going to call him Saturday afternoon. I was hoping to install my spacers Saturday, but it doesn't look like they're coming. My guess is Bearcat was who he was referring to working on their car at his house...he's waiting on a spacer, too, so he'll be in the same boat as me, wanting to do some work on the car but not able to.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:30 AM
#ForcedInductionFamily

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Off-topic, but I'd be willing to have some people roll by this weekend to chill / grill / beer pong it up. I'd really like to meet more of you guys too
Old 06-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Stacking chips.

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Let's see some pics of the new wheels Trev. No offense, but I am glad that happened. I thought those rh's were terrible looking, especially for the money. Hopefully you went with some Ray's, Work's, or Advan's.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:14 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Originally Posted by TrevorT
I went ahead and ordered something else today. Actually think they will look better anyway haha. The shop just held my money as a credit and applied them towards the new order.

We don't know the exact root of the problem but think it has something to do with the distributor at this point from everything that has been thrown around. Something fishy is going on thats for sure. You know it would have been completely different if they said hey we are having problems and its going to take longer but that just wasn't the case. I really hope the shops money is credited back to them as they have always gone way above and beyond to help out in the many years I've done business with them.

Companies are dropping like flies right now so to be honest I'm not that shocked.
Are you going to the meet up on Saturday? I'll be there and hope to meet some of you guys.

Huh, The shop held your money and applied it to a new set? That might make sense if you had faith in the dealer but your first post makes it sound like you think they were going under (answering calls on a cell, etc). If you had lost confidence in them, why (on earth) did you let them keep your money? aren't you concerned that your first impression might have been the correct one in the long run? What happens two more months down the road when they fall throuh again on the new "different" wheels? Fool me once, shame on you fool me twice.... I guess your going for #2?
Old 06-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
www.dazzmotorsports.com
Old 06-12-2008, 11:42 PM
Moved to the LOU

It has been 2 years since I ordered my Racing Harts but I recieved them in 4 weeks.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:44 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
^^

"The Shop" is not the Distributor. Trevor sounds like he knows and has confidence in the shop he's working with. The distributor is the middle man between the shop and the manufacturer.

At least that's the way I read it.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Moved to the LOU

Isn't DAZZ the U.S distributor?
Old 06-13-2008, 12:18 AM
Safety Car

Received 303 Likes on 177 Posts
Wait......did you order it from Dazz Motorsports?? Or from another retailer shop that is a regional distributor?? Sorry I was lost becaus on your first thread, you didnt mention the name of the shop. So just wanna clearify if you are dealing directly to DAZZ.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:39 AM
Instructor

The shop is not the problem. They are fantastic as always. I haven't lost one dime as a matter of fact when the new wheel distributor heard about the fiasco they threw in a few extra pieces that I would normally had to pay for.

The distributor/importer was the problem with the first set of wheels I ordered in this case.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:41 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by the Apostle
Isn't DAZZ the U.S distributor?

Yes

and

The last set that I ordered took 4 weeks as well.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:12 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
^^

"The Shop" is not the Distributor. Trevor sounds like he knows and has confidence in the shop he's working with. The distributor is the middle man between the shop and the manufacturer.

At least that's the way I read it.
Hmmph, If it's DAZZ, why would he have had dealer concerns? I don't think there have been any bankruptcy concerns nor rumors about them at all. Due to the ambiguous verbiage in his original post, I thought maybe he was talking about the google listing called "wheelsource".
Old 06-13-2008, 09:32 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ndabunka
Hmmph, If it's DAZZ, why would he have had dealer concerns? I don't think there have been any bankruptcy concerns nor rumors about them at all. Due to the ambiguous verbiage in his original post, I thought maybe he was talking about the google listing called "wheelsource".

Okay one last time...It's not the shop.

The distributor was the problem.