Does oem TL sensors work on Racing Hart C2 Evo wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 11:57 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does oem TL sensors work on Racing Hart C2 Evo wheels?

I just bought a set of used 19 inch Racing Hart C2 Evo rims. They look the best even thought they've been around for a few years now. The problem is that I have a 06 TL with the TPMS system, which really sucks I think. I rather not have TPMS instead. I was wondering if the oem TL sensors will work out on these rims. Anyone has Racing Hart rims on a 06 TL? How do you take care of the TPMS problem. Do you have aftermarket sensors or did you swap the old ones from you TL? anyone? thanks!
Old 12-08-2006, 01:11 PM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
if you provide a detailed picture of the wheels and where the valve stem is located... we could more accurately help you in your dilema... Post pics...

I believe that you can just buy new OEM TPMS valve and install them on the wheels...
Old 12-09-2006, 08:23 AM
Cruisin'

I was at discount tire the other day and he said they can always fit in the sensors!
They have a part (a bracket) that mounts into the current valve stem hole and leave a hole for a valve stem like a non TPMS tire and then they mount the TPMS sensor on the hole in the newly installed bracket. I would imagine this means you would have less room to smash your rubber into the sensor but it is a solution that appears to me to be able to work with all rims???
Old 12-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by elkski
I was at discount tire the other day and he said they can always fit in the sensors!
They have a part (a bracket) that mounts into the current valve stem hole and leave a hole for a valve stem like a non TPMS tire and then they mount the TPMS sensor on the hole in the newly installed bracket. I would imagine this means you would have less room to smash your rubber into the sensor but it is a solution that appears to me to be able to work with all rims???
thanks for the infor. I will stop by one of the tire shops and ask them in person. thanks!
Old 12-13-2006, 05:51 PM
06 TL 6spd. Navi/A-spec

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you put acura tpms sensors on non acura factory wheels, they will throw the wheels way off balance, tpms vehicles use wheels specially designed for installation of the tpms pressure sensor, these wheels feature, tpms stamped on the back side of the hub or spoke for identification, the rims also provide a sepcially machined area for the sensor, the wheels are also counter balanced 180 degrees from the sensor position by either no machining on the inside of the spoke, or less machining on the inside of the spoke. I am not saying this cannot be done but you may risk running into problems or even braking the sensors when installing them on aftermarket wheels, if they make aftermarket ones these may or maynot work better, your best bet is to just use regular valve stems and do away with the tpms!
Old 12-13-2006, 07:36 PM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Xx06SickspdTlxX
If you put acura tpms sensors on non acura factory wheels, they will throw the wheels way off balance, tpms vehicles use wheels specially designed for installation of the tpms pressure sensor, these wheels feature, tpms stamped on the back side of the hub or spoke for identification, the rims also provide a sepcially machined area for the sensor, the wheels are also counter balanced 180 degrees from the sensor position by either no machining on the inside of the spoke, or less machining on the inside of the spoke. I am not saying this cannot be done but you may risk running into problems or even braking the sensors when installing them on aftermarket wheels, if they make aftermarket ones these may or maynot work better, your best bet is to just use regular valve stems and do away with the tpms!
You're right about stock wheels being made to accommodate for the extra weight of TPMS sensors... however, you can successfully install OEM TPMS sensors on after wheels... that's why there's balancing machines like the Hunter Roadforce that does a very good job in properly balancing the wheels and tires that have the extra weight in them...

I have aftermarket 20's with low profile tires and the TPMS sensors fit perfectly and the set was balance and I have absolutely no vibration...