Dealership is swapping out the EL42 for LS-Z

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 01:09 PM
Previous Owner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Dealership is swapping out the EL42 for LS-Z

I went to the dealership first for A1 service and told them about the speaker rattle and how the tires caused vibrations in the car. The car only had 6400 miles on it. The service rep said that my tires had to be replaced because Bridgestone had a "bad batch" of tires. My tires were included. So I asked if I could be upgraded to a better set and I'd be willing to pay the price. He said no he had to put on OEM tires. I said fine, and was hoping that the new tires would work out. Well they didn't, they still vibrated at 55mph and even worse, the car shook horribly at 85+ on a full load of gas. Which I thought was weird, maybe they didn't balance it right.

2 days ago, the part for the speaker came in and I took the car in to get the speaker fixed. I mentioned that the car had vibration problems at 55mph and 85+. I'm expecting them to rebalance the tires and send me on my way. They said they were going to reorder another set of new EL42s. At this point my car has 7400 miles. So again I suggested that I would be willing to pay the difference and upgrade to the LS-Z or Michellins. He said no.

So I called up the Service Manager and told him about my situation and today he got back to me saying that Acura would swap out the EL42s for the LS-Zs for free. WOW I was like that's great. I can't be happier.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:18 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is great. Your persistence paid off. Gongratulations!
Old 11-18-2004, 03:25 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Thorin78
I went to the dealership first for A1 service and told them about the speaker rattle and how the tires caused vibrations in the car. The car only had 6400 miles on it. The service rep said that my tires had to be replaced because Bridgestone had a "bad batch" of tires. My tires were included. So I asked if I could be upgraded to a better set and I'd be willing to pay the price. He said no he had to put on OEM tires. I said fine, and was hoping that the new tires would work out. Well they didn't, they still vibrated at 55mph and even worse, the car shook horribly at 85+ on a full load of gas. Which I thought was weird, maybe they didn't balance it right.

2 days ago, the part for the speaker came in and I took the car in to get the speaker fixed. I mentioned that the car had vibration problems at 55mph and 85+. I'm expecting them to rebalance the tires and send me on my way. They said they were going to reorder another set of new EL42s. At this point my car has 7400 miles. So again I suggested that I would be willing to pay the difference and upgrade to the LS-Z or Michellins. He said no.

So I called up the Service Manager and told him about my situation and today he got back to me saying that Acura would swap out the EL42s for the LS-Zs for free. WOW I was like that's great. I can't be happier.
Thorin78-
What Dealership did this for you?? I am in Delaware and need the same resolution.
Thanks!
Josh
Old 11-18-2004, 04:22 PM
Previous Owner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I went to West Chester Acura. They're pretty reluctant to do this and they've signed away all responsibility from the next set of tires. So anything that I'm unhappy about, i'll have to go through Bridgestone. This is what I expected anyways. Somehow I can't believe that I'm the first person that's brought this issue to them. Either I'm the only enthusiast near the west chester area or other people are luckier.

Has your dealership even tried to get you replacement tires?