Damn XXR's! NEVER will buy them again.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011 | 03:57 PM
Registered Member

sorry to hear what happen to u OP IMO if u can afford a TL or TSX i don't why u can't spend that extra 2-3000k on rims putting cheap XXR or Rota rims on our Acura makes it look cheap
Old 12-27-2011 | 07:10 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

I used to be someone that would say that metal is metal and a rim is a rim and buy what you can afford and don't be a name brand whore, but after reading Bforbrian's posts and seeing the pictures I'm OEM or quality wheel and that's it.

It's by mere luck that I'm on Works and not XXR's because I came across a killer deal on them. I've definitely hit potholes and railroad tracks here and there and have had zero adverse effects.
Old 12-27-2011 | 10:59 PM
05 SSM

Originally Posted by DIZAZNDOOD320
sorry to hear what happen to u OP IMO if u can afford a TL or TSX i don't why u can't spend that extra 2-3000k on rims putting cheap XXR or Rota rims on our Acura makes it look cheap
thats why i said im saving money to get better rims but still not gonna spend 2-3k a set of rims plus i live in the city and road are crappy here

Last edited by KidChenz89; 12-27-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 12-28-2011 | 12:51 AM
18psi

How many miles did you put on these wheels?

I have the same wheels but in 18" and I drive in the same locations as you. My wheels are fine.....or at least i think they are
Old 12-28-2011 | 12:55 AM
Senior Moderator

You do realize that these wheels are cheap for a reason, right?

1. Low Pressure Cast -> casting at low pressure or no pressure is the cheapest method for making a wheel. The wheels are a single chunk of metal that isn't strong.

2. DOT approval-> How many of these wheels are DOT approved?

3. Quality Control -> How many wheels during the manufacturing process are checked to DOT and company standards?

4. TUV approval? -> If the wheels are shipped internationally, do they have approval there such as by the TUV (European standards)?

5. Lack of checking design structure -> A lot of these replica wheels are very similar in design to forged wheels, a forged wheel can endure stress on odd shaped designs vs. a cast wheel. The only way a cast wheel is going to hold up with that stress is going to be modification to the design which doesn't mean it's going to look the same anymore.

Wheels such as VOLK, HRE, DPE, etc are forged from quality metals which are much more expensive because of the grade of metals and as well because they are FORGED! Then they are assembled on lines and checked!

IMO I'd be wary of any sort of wheel that isn't OEM and at least make sure it's DOT approved.
Old 12-28-2011 | 02:11 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Originally Posted by libert69
How many miles did you put on these wheels?

I have the same wheels but in 18" and I drive in the same locations as you. My wheels are fine.....or at least i think they are
Brian and Rick yes it is obvious the quality is different.

And thank you Bert cause I was about to mention your name. NOONE uses there cars as much as the turbo guys and libert has XXR with no problems.

My point was people bashing the wheels/brand prematurely with 0 knowledge on how it happen. For all I know he did it on purpose (I'm kidding). I don't care if you bought some Volks -- I've seen some get destroyed from a 1 foot pothole. It is all about taste. Bent and cheap wheels aren't an issue tbh. I find it funny most of you that buy 3k+ wheels buys cheap, knockoff tires like Nexen and Nankang. :x when that is the most important thing
Old 12-28-2011 | 02:14 AM

I feel like everyone came here just to bash on lower quality wheels. Who cares? Everyone is so repetitive. With the same ideology, I'd complain to Richie that his steel is shitty compared to XLR8. You guys made your point times 50. Get over it ty

Originally Posted by csmeance

1. Low Pressure Cast -> casting at low pressure or no pressure is the cheapest method for making a wheel. The wheels are a single chunk of metal that isn't strong.

3. Quality Control -> How many wheels during the manufacturing process are checked to DOT and company standards?

4. TUV approval? -> If the wheels are shipped internationally, do they have approval there such as by the TUV (European standards)?

5. Lack of checking design structure -> A lot of these replica wheels are very similar in design to forged wheels, a forged wheel can endure stress on odd shaped designs vs. a cast wheel. The only way a cast wheel is going to hold up with that stress is going to be modification to the design which doesn't mean it's going to look the same anymore.

Wheels such as VOLK, HRE, DPE, etc are forged from quality metals which are much more expensive because of the grade of metals and as well because they are FORGED! Then they are assembled on lines and checked!

IMO I'd be wary of any sort of wheel that isn't OEM and at least make sure it's DOT approved.
The following users liked this post:
jwr0ng626 (12-28-2011)
Old 12-28-2011 | 03:04 AM
Instructor

same ol wheel thread youd find when you search for "xxr/rota/varstoen quality?"
live and learn, glad you're okay too.
Old 12-28-2011 | 04:55 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rick_TL-S
You can afford a higher quality, better built set of wheels, but you choose to buy the cheaper brand just so you don't have to "sacrifice" other parts? What the I don't even know....

XXR wheels are cheap for a reason; they're knock offs built for show & for folks who can't afford $3,000+ set of authentic wheels. They are not built anywhere to the same standard BBS or Volk build to & if they were, they sure as hell wouldn't be selling for $600/set; the company wouldn't make any money off them.

People need to understand that when it comes to wheels, you get what you pay for, plain & simple. Varrstoen is the only replica company I've seen manage to build a knock off wheel that still retains a high quality finish. And at the same time, it reflects in price as they're generally higher than most replica manufacturers.
Lmaoooooo dude please dont talk about money with me..

I can afford 3k plus rims easily ..an Acura TL is not an expensive car I bought it in cash

I am not talking about xxr I have never owned them In my life. I was simply taking about my experience with varrstoen becauae in an earlier post a member asked about the reliability of the rim. And I was talking about a previous member *cough cough buying his orange te 37s by selling everything on his car to finance them* many members on this site have stock ass TLs with expensive rims..ok that's great if that makes you happy ....I was not talking about myself
Sacrificing shit lol because I don't need to end of story

False.

Rick TL-S summed it up pretty well; you get what you pay for. Just because you didn't run into problems doesn't automatically make replicas 'strong.'

Below are Varrstoen:

Name:  IMG_6813.jpg
Views: 3083
Size:  154.8 KB

Name:  5D67BB58-orig.jpg
Views: 2518
Size:  69.8 KB

Authentic CE28N, a bend, not a crack:

XXR wheels:

Name:  IMG_6971.jpg
Views: 8803
Size:  68.7 KB[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by bforbrian
Here's a pretty funny single post I saw on a forum about enkei and varrstoen:

http://www.jdmchicago.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=66
It doesn't look like that anymore, but wow, that's pretty sad on Varrstoen's end.
Um don't talk about rims until you've experienced them you are biased for sure

If I had time I would find u 10 pics of Authentic rims cracked....it all depends on if you can drive

Don't get the wrong idea... I never said FUCK varrstoens/XXR/rota FUCK EM... I said you get what you pay for and that they are not strong. I would buy replicas as a winter set and throw some snow tires on them because I barely drive in the winter. But when people say that replicas are strong wheels because of where and how they have driven them is not convincing evidence that wheels are "strong." Your daily commutes to and from work or mini-road trips do not constitute rigorous testing to prove they are strong wheels.
Lmao dude honestly if u crack rims u shouldn't be diving. U need to know how to avoid potholes. I drive through more of a rigorous road than most people and I've never had a problem with any potholes . 3k rims are easy to afford. Why should I buy ce28s when I can buy varrstoens? If something fucks up I can buy 3 new sets of varrstoens with the price of one ce28. All I have to say is don't talk about money with me. Stop trying to act like
A baller on Acurazine. Get some parts on your car so I don't consider you stock and then talk
Old 12-28-2011 | 08:16 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
And there you have it, ballers on a budget. Can't afford real rims then just stick to stock ones.
why? i could have 10 sets of those new at the price of one new set of 'ballin' rims. brandname whores FTL

Originally Posted by mrlal8

If I had time I would find u 10 pics of Authentic rims cracked....it all depends on if you can drive

Lmao dude honestly if u crack rims u shouldn't be diving. U need to know how to avoid potholes. I drive through more of a rigorous road than most people and I've never had a problem with any potholes . 3k rims are easy to afford. Why should I buy ce28s when I can buy varrstoens? If something fucks up I can buy 3 new sets of varrstoens with the price of one ce28. All I have to say is don't talk about money with me. Stop trying to act like
A baller on Acurazine. Get some parts on your car so I don't consider you stock and then talk
i have more respect for him after his responses than this bullshit. you are e-thugging your face off right now. anyways....

rims crack. shit breaks. the god damn space shuttle loses parts and shit falls off. if you think your $3-6K wheel is worlds better you are just plain wrong.

do you know why 3 piece is better? because when you fuck up your face, barrel, or lip you can just replace that for a few hundred dollars. you can replace a whole set of reps for the price of one face.

this is just another Rota thread. all those 'rota failure' pictures have been floating around since 2001. get over it, all of you. i feel like i am on a bmw forum right now reading this stuff.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 12-29-2011 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 12-28-2011 | 08:55 AM
Chapter Leader (Houston)

Originally Posted by TheChamp531
Brian and Rick yes it is obvious the quality is different.

And thank you Bert cause I was about to mention your name. NOONE uses there cars as much as the turbo guys and libert has XXR with no problems.

My point was people bashing the wheels/brand prematurely with 0 knowledge on how it happen. For all I know he did it on purpose (I'm kidding). I don't care if you bought some Volks -- I've seen some get destroyed from a 1 foot pothole. It is all about taste. Bent and cheap wheels aren't an issue tbh. I find it funny most of you that buy 3k+ wheels buys cheap, knockoff tires like Nexen and Nankang. :x when that is the most important thing
This.
Old 12-28-2011 | 09:12 AM
Safety Car

All I have to say is don't talk about money with me. Stop trying to act like
A baller on Acurazine
. Get some parts on your car so I don't consider you stock and then talk
Many times on this forum I emphasize how I am NOT a baller; people who know me long enough on this forum know that.

Damn Maz, you SERIOUSLY took it to a whole new level.... I NEVER mentioned that people should buy expensive wheels such as Volk.. I never mentioned how much money I had (not a lot of it); I was talking about durability... never knew you were one of those guys; not even going to justify myself to you... I rest my case...

The reason why people with $3K+ wheels get Nexen and Nankang tires (such as myself) is because the compound is softer than brands such as Toyo and Goodyear, to name a few. They are more concerned with wheel clearance than how well it grasps the concrete. You think guys like vipTL and Decafe are going to buy a square set up of Toyo T1Rs or Michelin PS2s? On the local streets, they won't hit over 40mph...

Last edited by bforbrian; 12-28-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-28-2011 | 10:53 AM
Burning Brakes

Ok guys end It lets all go back to being friends on Acurazine

This thread is not going to go anywhere

It's only going to cause drama -_-
Old 12-28-2011 | 11:07 AM
Team Owner

TheDingo (12-28-2011)
Old 12-28-2011 | 11:17 AM
Resident Dingo

I love the pissing contest of who can afford shit. You guys sound pathetic.

Last edited by TheDingo; 12-28-2011 at 11:20 AM.
EL PESADO (12-28-2011)
Old 12-28-2011 | 11:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TheDingo
I love the pissing contest of who can afford shit. You guys sound pathetic.

Couldn't agree with you more lol this is what it has turned into

Old 12-28-2011 | 12:58 PM
Cruisin'

ouch.
Old 12-28-2011 | 02:28 PM
takin care of Business in

i really lol-ed reading this thread...the OP is like I got fucked and you guys are having $$$ war LOL....

i would highly suggest RESEARCHING before buying....

buying Low Pressure Cast/Gravity Cast will inevitably lead to this....buying Forged wheels will be able to take a little more stress....

I hate hearing you get what you pay for....people spend 1500 on a damn catback....you can get better quality/customization/options for 700....its the BRAND name that you pay for....

Same with rims....Personally I would never go with a shitty brand, if an upcoming brand has a good cast rim, maybe....

BTW all the people who are dissing on Enkei....you guys do realize the stock rims are Enkei right ?
Old 12-28-2011 | 02:33 PM
Safety Car

^swoosh, I don't think any of us are dissing Enkei; it's actually the other way around lol
Old 12-28-2011 | 02:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Couldn't agree with you more lol this is what it has turned into

You're not helping.
Old 12-28-2011 | 03:11 PM

^^^ ahahha i was making it clear... LOL....

I love Enkei....i own Enkei
Old 12-28-2011 | 03:53 PM
Suzuka Master

I feel like everyone came here just to bash on lower quality wheels. Who cares? Everyone is so repetitive. With the same ideology, I'd complain to Richie that his steel is shitty compared to XLR8. You guys made your point times 50. Get over it ty
And so have you. Perhaps heed your own words.
In comparison to how many cast wheels, though?

Lmaoooooo dude please dont talk about money with me..
You're the one who brought it up, not me. All I asked is why you choose to buy the cheaper, lower standard wheel if you can afford something better.
I can afford 3k plus rims easily ..an Acura TL is not an expensive car I bought it in cash
Good for you.
Um don't talk about rims until you've experienced them you are biased for sure
I don't have to experience anything. The proof is in the pudding; Forged Wheels will 9/10 times outlast any cast wheel.

Authentic forged rims do not crack; they bend. How you drive plays a part to a certain degree. But you put those cheap wheels against a pair of Volks under the same pressure, the Volks will outlast them because they are made to.

Lmao dude honestly if u crack rims u shouldn't be diving. U need to know how to avoid potholes. I drive through more of a rigorous road than most people and I've never had a problem with any potholes . 3k rims are easy to afford. Why should I buy ce28s when I can buy varrstoens? If something fucks up I can buy 3 new sets of varrstoens with the price of one ce28.
You shouldn't have to ever go through 3 sets of Varrstoens anyway. Remember? You drive through some of the roughest roads & you've never had an issue. Well then, you shouldn't have problem with a set of CE28Ns then, esp. when they'll take the abuse better than the Varrstoen set will.

All I have to say is don't talk about money with me. Stop trying to act like
You are the only one who has continuously brought up about how you can afford $3,000+ sets of wheels, no problem. You're the one flaunting like you're a baller, not us.

Originally Posted by swoosh
I hate hearing you get what you pay for....people spend 1500 on a damn catback....you can get better quality/customization/options for 700....its the BRAND name that you pay for....
Oh really? Just as you did for $1,800? That is by far the most money I've seen anyone get an exhaust for on this website. I'm sure Richie is secretly giggling to himself realizing he charged less than that for a "dual" exhaust setup as well that he actually put through prototype phases before selling to the public.

I don't really think you're in a position anymore to give people shit about paying $1,2-500 for an exhaust. RV-6, ATLP, XLR8, these are not brand names like HKS, GReddy, etc. These are small businesses whose owners put in valuable time & money to make sure the exhausts were of high quality, sounded good, & produced decent gains.

I would gladly spend $1,200 again on my ATLP Quads over $1,800 on some unproven, custom setup.
BTW all the people who are dissing on Enkei....you guys do realize the stock rims are Enkei right ?
Who here is dissing on Enkei?

Last edited by Rick_TL-S; 12-28-2011 at 03:56 PM.
ebelp (12-28-2011)
Old 12-28-2011 | 04:11 PM

I'm not being repetitive. I'm being logical.

Check how many stupid post against 'cheap' wheels and see how many post I made. Nuff said.

No such thing as brand names for exhausts btw. There all made the same and use the same steel. There no different then making your own. And swooshes exhaust was a complete dual so he saved money.

I don't like fan boys. The thread before I post were all about how XXR was horrible and shitty. That is false.

Many times on this forum I emphasize how I am NOT a baller; people who know me long enough on this forum know that.

Damn Maz, you SERIOUSLY took it to a whole new level.... I NEVER mentioned that people should buy expensive wheels such as Volk.. I never mentioned how much money I had (not a lot of it); I was talking about durability... never knew you were one of those guys; not even going to justify myself to you... I rest my case...

The reason why people with $3K+ wheels get Nexen and Nankang tires (such as myself) is because the compound is softer than brands such as Toyo and Goodyear, to name a few. They are more concerned with wheel clearance than how well it grasps the concrete. You think guys like vipTL and Decafe are going to buy a square set up of Toyo T1Rs or Michelin PS2s? On the local streets, they won't hit over 40mph...
Safety > looks unless it's a show car.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 12-29-2011 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Merged Posts.
Old 12-28-2011 | 04:28 PM
Safety Car

There all made the same and use the same steel. There no different then making your own.
Omg!!!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2011 | 04:30 PM
Suzuka Master

I'm not being repetitive. I'm being logical.
You've already posted more than twice about others just bashing XXR. Your point has been made just as much as the others.

And swooshes exhaust was a complete dual so he saved money.
He said he went over budget by $500 & that he was originally quoted $900. Doesn't sound like he "saved" anything from his view point.

My point remains, regardless.
I don't like fan boys. The thread before I post were all about how XXR was horrible and shitty. That is false.
Stop exaggerating, my goodness.

Nowhere in this thread before you posted did anyone say XXR was horrible & shitty. The only thing close to bashing was, "Ballers on a budget" & "XXR is the new Rota". Nothing along the lines of "horrible & shitty" as you claim.

The rest of the posts were about getting what you pay for. That's not bashing, that's really just a simple truth in the aftermarket parts business.
Old 12-28-2011 | 04:46 PM
Safety Car

Really trying to figure out where this thread went wrong, and here is what I came up with...

After perusing through the first couple of posts, I think this is where we went awry:

And there you have it, ballers on a budget. Can't afford real rims then just stick to stock ones.
Gus, (no offense bro!!!), but I don't think we can really make assumptions on what members can afford and what they can't. Perhaps here is where the money talk sprouted from.

Originally Posted by vill0169
XXR is just the new Rota....... you will always get what you pay for.
Again, no mention of who is a "baller" and who isn't, just that a $200 wheel will function like a $200 wheel, and a $900 wheel will function like a $900 wheel. But no one really called anyone else out on how much money they have...

depends on the wheels .....varrstoen makes really strong rims
Here is the first far-fetched claim regarding durability (no mention of money......):

all of us can afford expensive rims
Second far-fetched claim....

Wow? All of you people bashing XXR cause of this thread are ignorant.

OP, how do you know if your driving habits didn't cause this or a pothole you went over a week or so ago or just recently? I find it funny all of you guys are bashing XXR with 0 evidence besides them being cheap. stfu already

Just cause some wheels are cheap does not mean they aren't built with quality. Fools to think so. Now if tons and tons of XXr wheels (10%+) were going down than I can agree but stop being ignorant just because some spent 1/10th of what you bought for a similar wheel. Holy shit the whining

I don't care for XXR nor do I have any of there wheels but lets use common sense here
Ehhh... just a whole lot of negativity.

Originally Posted by DIZAZNDOOD320
XXR and rota make pretty good replicas so looks wise they look almost identical. It doesn't need to be $3K or $4K but there are great companies such as Forgestar, Enkei, Work (CR line wheels), that are around $1.5K.

3k rims are easy to afford.

Stop trying to act like A baller on Acurazine. Get some parts on your car so I don't consider you stock and then talk
......and then!

Ok guys end It lets all go back to being friends on Acurazine

This thread is not going to go anywhere

It's only going to cause drama -_-
The following 2 users liked this post by bforbrian:
ebelp (12-28-2011), Rick_TL-S (12-28-2011)
Old 12-28-2011 | 04:57 PM
Happy Holidays!

Calling out others to stop bragging about $$$ only to say you can easily afford $3k rims and have tons of cash is pretty funny...

e-baller 4 lyfe!
Old 12-28-2011 | 05:34 PM
05 SSM

Why cant we all chill the F out..... Isn't this simple? Cheap rims doesn't last end of story...
Old 12-28-2011 | 06:34 PM

Only really posted only twice about it. iPad makes it hard to multi quote. Nonetheless, once I posted once everyone decided to not read and post 10x more time on how it's bad like the guy above me AGAIN. My point was when his wheels cracked/bent/whatever he blamed the quality of the wheels instead of thinking for a second if he neglected them. Instead, you guys just bashed the wheel. It is premature and ignorant. I may have exaggerated a bit but in context, it meant nearly the same as all of you are going to prevent sales for XXR anyways.

He doesn't need PCD or j pipe. That's savings

Read the thread title. OP Bashing a company with 0 evidence is funny.

Comparing XXR to Rota and other things are taking hits to XXR, basically saying that there wheels are shit.

That is not a truth in aftermarket options. I bet there are more cheaper 'quality wheels' out there than 'higher' quality wheels that have a better longevity time. It's a truth in only of the craftsmanship used, nothing else.

Sorry for being negative in this thread, but I hate seeing people getting emotional and decide to bash a company for zero reasons and without proof. Its like when Josh compared his steel to RV6 steel. RV6 did have a few problems but Richie fixed all of them. In this case, at least give XXR a chance to fix the problem instead of bashing them or any other 'lower quality' wheel.

You've already posted more than twice about others just bashing XXR. Your point has been made just as much as the others.

He said he went over budget by $500 & that he was originally quoted $900. Doesn't sound like he "saved" anything from his view point.

My point remains, regardless.
Stop exaggerating, my goodness.

Nowhere in this thread before you posted did anyone say XXR was horrible & shitty. The only thing close to bashing was, "Ballers on a budget" & "XXR is the new Rota". Nothing along the lines of "horrible & shitty" as you claim.

The rest of the posts were about getting what you pay for. That's not bashing, that's really just a simple truth in the aftermarket parts business.

Last edited by TheChamp531; 12-28-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-28-2011 | 06:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Acuraluvr
Speaking of cheaper wheels... anyone know if the varrstoen volk knockoffs are ok in quality? OP, that sucks man. Same happened to my OZ 3 piece wheels actually... except I hit a hell of a pothole...
I started off this thread just by answering a question a fellow member had. I had no intention of talking about XXRs or any other wheels I merely told him my experience with Varrstoen.

depends on the wheels .....varrstoen makes really strong rims

Source?
Then this guy starts mocking (like he always does).

Then this smartass ticked me off beyond belief and thats where the money talk came in. Just because someones buying replicas doesn't mean they are "ballin on a budget"

Originally Posted by csmeance

THIS was the best comment of the thread. Did not bash anyone simply gave his perspective. I had no problem with this

Originally Posted by Silver_Surfer
Calling out others to stop bragging about $$$ only to say you can easily afford $3k rims and have tons of cash is pretty funny...

e-baller 4 lyfe!
Then this silver surfer guy comes back when i had already stopped posting on this thread because im over it and calls me an "e-baller 4 lyfe"....wtf does that even mean? go to school and learn how to spell. I was not bragging I was simply calling out someone for labeling people "ballers on budgets".

Done responding to this thread
Old 12-28-2011 | 08:00 PM

Oh really? Just as you did for $1,800? That is by far the most money I've seen anyone get an exhaust for on this website. I'm sure Richie is secretly giggling to himself realizing he charged less than that for a "dual" exhaust setup as well that he actually put through prototype phases before selling to the public.

I don't really think you're in a position anymore to give people shit about paying $1,2-500 for an exhaust. RV-6, ATLP, XLR8, these are not brand names like HKS, GReddy, etc. These are small businesses whose owners put in valuable time & money to make sure the exhausts were of high quality, sounded good, & produced decent gains.

I would gladly spend $1,200 again on my ATLP Quads over $1,800 on some unproven, custom setup.
Who here is dissing on Enkei?
Apparently the unproven setup sets u apart....that unproven setup is one which you dont see any other guy rolling.....

I went over budget coz i was thinking 1200 for everyting....but i paid 1800....even if you see RV6 exhaust + jpipe your around the same....

about real gains (thats why i have an exhaust, sound is a by product)....recently Rodney dyno-ed a 6MT Base with Intake + Vendor Jpipe + Greddy exhaust for gains of 4-6whp....whereas the vendors show a gain of 36whp, even wonder why ? even seen a vendor putting up dyno vids ?

Also the reason I went over in my budget because of the limited amount of shops that work in Imports in KS....1 shop does it PERIOD....the same exhaust design from any vendor can be duplicated for 1/3rd the cost....its the cost of trial and error that you pay....

anyway am not trying to diss on anyone....am just saying i dont believe in "you get what you pay for"....you can get STRONG and STURDY enkei rims for $600-700 a set where thats what your paying for 1 VOLK TE37....

No such thing as brand names for exhausts btw. There all made the same and use the same steel. There no different then making your own. And swooshes exhaust was a complete dual so he saved money.
It did....a full exhaust setup from any vendor is ~$2000 and my setup was 1800....

I did save $200 if you see

I did go over budget coz 2 years back when i asked a shop they quoted me $1200 for everything....and now they quote me $1700, their reason being T304SS has gotten expensive and if I went aluminized, they can have it done for half the cost....
Old 12-28-2011 | 08:04 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by KidChenz89
thats why i said im saving money to get better rims but still not gonna spend 2-3k a set of rims plus i live in the city and road are crappy here
i live in NY myself and i was lowered on WORK SC1's and stretch tires it didn't effect me much. it really comes down to how u drive and are u able to avoid the potholes
Old 12-28-2011 | 08:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by swoosh
Apparently the unproven setup sets u apart....that unproven setup is one which you dont see any other guy rolling.....
That doesn't matter.
I went over budget coz i was thinking 1200 for everyting....but i paid 1800....even if you see RV6 exhaust + jpipe your around the same....
$1,200 is still what the average "brand name" exhaust goes for on the 3G TL.
about real gains (thats why i have an exhaust, sound is a by product)....recently Rodney dyno-ed a 6MT Base with Intake + Vendor Jpipe + Greddy exhaust for gains of 4-6whp....whereas the vendors show a gain of 36whp, even wonder why ? even seen a vendor putting up dyno vids ?
So we'll just ignore all the other members then who did dynos after their mods.

I mean, besides you being so close to Rodney now, obviously what he finds goes for everyone else right?
Also the reason I went over in my budget because of the limited amount of shops that work in Imports in KS....1 shop does it PERIOD....the same exhaust design from any vendor can be duplicated for 1/3rd the cost....its the cost of trial and error that you pay....
Welcome to the world of business. The price to build will always be cheaper than the price the consumer pays. You know, profit?
anyway am not trying to diss on anyone....am just saying i dont believe in "you get what you pay for"....you can get STRONG and STURDY enkei rims for $600-700 a set where thats what your paying for 1 VOLK TE37....
Enkei is the exception & they can afford to build rims for a lower cost; they have plants all over the world & contracts with major manufacturers.

You pay what you get for still holds true to most of the aftermarket world.

It did....a full exhaust setup from any vendor is ~$2000 and my setup was 1800....
Which is nowhere near to the savings you claimed before about getting a custom exhaust for $700.
My point still stands. You were the biggest speaker about people buying "over-priced" exhausts from the vendors & that you could produce the exact same thing for under a $1,000.

And btw, my full exhaust setup (J-Pipe/Test Pipe/Exhaust) only ran me $1,500 at max with shop labor fees. So, forgive me if I continue to question your "custom>vendor" spew after seeing the retarded amount of money you spent on a custom exhaust. In the mean time, I'll be happy knowing my car doesn't sound like an angry can of bees at WOT.

Last edited by Rick_TL-S; 12-28-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 12-28-2011 | 08:15 PM
Registered Member

and the drama continues...........
Old 12-28-2011 | 08:28 PM

^^^ your point doesnt mean jack coz ur not willing to listen or understand....

1> my true duals eliminate the jpipe and exhaust...a brand name jpipe + exhaust is 1700-2000 bucks....
2> I over paid as not many shops work on imports....they do work on Vettes and Mustang....as you said you got your full exhaust for 1500 including all the fees....imagine an area where you have tons of shops to shop around from, you can negotiate....
3> show me 1 person who has dynoed before and after getting an "$1200 exhaust"....RV6 claims 36WHP with Jpipe and Catback....a fully bolted on type S MT makes shy of 295 whp and comes stock with 256....which mean his other mods didnt make power at all ?
4> OPEL was helping me build my exhaust and he told me what will be a good neighborhood (costwise) and he still stands by his comments....reason being if you have shops around you and you need an exhaust you will still pay around 800-ish....it was my stupid head which was stuck on true duals....

I still say, get a quote from a neighborhood shop....if its around 800-1000, go CUSTOM.....

PS: 1 thing you dont know is in the cost, I got 6 dyno runs included....which itself are $170....so yeah effective cost for me was 1800-170...do the math

EDIT: am not siding any Vendor...the only reason i posted about Rodney is coz recently he dynoed a bolted on car and then with the ECU....I have helped many vendors on here (Supercomputer/USR) because they do need some exposure to the people....the help was offered for no individual benefit for me....my point being, some vendors get the exposure some dont....I have nothing against Josh/Rich/Marcus....I think they are all great people and amazing businessmen....

Last edited by swoosh; 12-28-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-28-2011 | 08:38 PM

Rick just thinks ur talking about a catback not the full exhaust lawl

Just stop. You're defending your position way to much and trying to make it sound personal just stop. Talking shit about his exhaust and his relationship with Rodney? Grow up

Though I like threads like this quite entertaining

Last edited by TheChamp531; 12-28-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-28-2011 | 08:43 PM
05 SSM

Only really posted only twice about it. iPad makes it hard to multi quote. Nonetheless, once I posted once everyone decided to not read and post 10x more time on how it's bad like the guy above me AGAIN. My point was when his wheels cracked/bent/whatever he blamed the quality of the wheels instead of thinking for a second if he neglected them. Instead, you guys just bashed the wheel. It is premature and ignorant. I may have exaggerated a bit but in context, it meant nearly the same as all of you are going to prevent sales for XXR anyways.

He doesn't need PCD or j pipe. That's savings

Read the thread title. OP Bashing a company with 0 evidence is funny.

Comparing XXR to Rota and other things are taking hits to XXR, basically saying that there wheels are shit.

That is not a truth in aftermarket options. I bet there are more cheaper 'quality wheels' out there than 'higher' quality wheels that have a better longevity time. It's a truth in only of the craftsmanship used, nothing else.

Sorry for being negative in this thread, but I hate seeing people getting emotional and decide to bash a company for zero reasons and without proof. Its like when Josh compared his steel to RV6 steel. RV6 did have a few problems but Richie fixed all of them. In this case, at least give XXR a chance to fix the problem instead of bashing them or any other 'lower quality' wheel.
First of all I didnt even hit any pot hole with that rim even if I did theres no way it would crack between the spokes and the outer lip. Im usually really careful with my rims plus this is not the first set ive ever owned. Plus when was I being Emotional? Im just sharing my situation, you can bash me all you want I can careless. Saying its my fault that the rims turn out this way. Im just helping out here if the product is not good of course Im going to say something.
Old 12-28-2011 | 08:56 PM

Rick just thinks ur talking about a catback not the full exhaust lawl

Just stop. You're defending your position way to much and trying to make it sound personal just stop. Talking shit about his exhaust and his relationship with Rodney? Grow up

Though I like threads like this quite entertaining
I know right....i just came to this thread to eat cake....didnt know i will have to bake it LOL....

Usually i leave things alone once a personal attack is made, no point stooping down and returning the attack....but this one did need a little addressing to....

First of all I didnt even hit any pot hole with that rim even if I did theres no way it would crack between the spokes and the outer lip. Im usually really careful with my rims plus this is not the first set ive ever owned. Plus when was I being Emotional? Im just sharing my situation, you can bash me all you want I can careless. Saying its my fault that the rims turn out this way. Im just helping out here if the product is not good of course Im going to say something.
LOL this thread is NO LONGER about your rims

its about Baller status and "you pay what you get for" LOL....

Its not your fault bro....and yeah dont get emotional, i get that way too if anything goes wrong with my car....

none the less be happy you put some tire sealant and found the crack in the rim rather than it giving away @ highway speeds.....

again i think XXR is an upcoming company and hence selling for cheap, wait couple more years and you will be paying for brand names....
DaChef320 (12-28-2011)
Old 12-28-2011 | 09:22 PM
Happy Holidays!

Then this silver surfer guy comes back when i had already stopped posting on this thread because im over it and calls me an "e-baller 4 lyfe"....wtf does that even mean? go to school and learn how to spell. I was not bragging I was simply calling out someone for labeling people "ballers on budgets".

Done responding to this thread
You sound pretty butt hurt for someone who is really taking things seriously over the interwebz. It's not my fault you have no idea what I am talking about. Do you really think I spelled e-baller 4 lyfe incorrectly? Get a clue! Why can't I state my opinion in this thread just like you? Oh my fault, you've already stop posting on this thread. So I shouldn't be allowed to post anything. Yes the world revolves around you, e-baller.
Old 12-28-2011 | 09:29 PM

I never said you were emotional. Can you read? Not directed to you. And yes you can give opinions regarding it but you don't post a thread bashing there quality with 0 proof and 0 evidence that it was the quality of the wheel.

Quick Reply: Damn XXR's! NEVER will buy them again.....