Comptech sway bar question

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006 | 07:34 AM
Racer

Smile Comptech sway bar question

Now that I've added the A-spec suspension to my 04TL,the next logical move would be a new sway bar to compliment the new feel of the car. My question is, it seems people are replacing the Comptech bushings with poly(greaseable and non-greaseable),is this because Comptech makes "crappy" products? Some people say that the bushings wear out and then a "clunking" sound comes from the bar. It seems to me that the bushings that come with the bar should last quite a few years without experiencing some of the problems described here,after all,the original ones on the stock bar will probably last the life of the car. Sorry if this question has been asked before. All comments welcome.
Old 04-01-2006 | 01:34 PM
One on the right for me

^- Comptech "updated" their bushings, so far everyone seems to be happy with them. There are also a few threads about aftermarket bushings that you can grease. I still have the original comptech bushings. I've greased them a few times, usually lasts a few months without making any noise. I would assume the newer ones are much better.
Old 04-01-2006 | 06:56 PM
Racer

i called and asked for the upgraded brushing and after a week+ of waiting i received the old nasty SO thin brushing like the one i have....ahh..how frustrated....really thin in some area...no wonder they they wear out/break easily...
Old 04-02-2006 | 11:56 AM
5mins2disney.com

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133013

Here ya go...we beat this to death in this other thread. There are 2 models of replacement upgrades available for the bushing I would suggest, one is a whole lot easier for installation but isn't greasable, the other is a PITA but is greasable. Any bushing will clunk / squeak eventually if you don't grease them once in a while.

The CT and stock ones are made of rubber which breaks down easily over time, these poly ones are much stiffer and stronger constructed and won't break down from time, road use, chemicals, etc like rubber does.

Cost was like $15 so for me it was pretty much a no-brainer once I decided to put the CT ones on. I even had the CT ones on for a week before I pulled them off and upgraded to these.

Only problem now is they seem to be sold out a lot of places, LOL! Wish I got commission on them everyone seems to be getting them now darn it all! LOL
Old 04-02-2006 | 02:12 PM
Racer

Thanks for the replies. gqchicago..I just ordered the greaseable ones from Jeg's. I will use your text and pics for assembly. Hopefully they won't be as much as a pain for me as they were for you.
Old 04-02-2006 | 03:05 PM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Originally Posted by Tom Champagne
Thanks for the replies. gqchicago..I just ordered the greaseable ones from Jeg's. I will use your text and pics for assembly. Hopefully they won't be as much as a pain for me as they were for you.

If not happy with the Comptech RSB, we do have an option now to go with H&R. LOoking at the H&R site, they do make it for our TL's now.
Old 04-02-2006 | 07:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by ed99
If not happy with the Comptech RSB, we do have an option now to go with H&R. LOoking at the H&R site, they do make it for our TL's now.
But it's much more expensive. You can get the Comptech for $95 from Acura of Escondido's eBay store. I did!