Carbon Bronze Pearl TL's and the best color rims for them

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 09:48 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Carbon Bronze Pearl TL's and the best color rims for them

Its 2016 and i found a 2007 Acura TL with only 14k miles on it. Its the base model but i could not pass on it. It belonged to an old lady who could not drive it anymore. No one has even sat in the back seats!!! In other words its in mind condition. I would love to get rims but would need to see all the different color combo's for the CBP TL. Im thinking 18' or 19's. Im also very new to this so don't rip my head off if theres other post about this.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:40 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
:welcome: to Acurazine!

As for the rims, it's your personal preference. Some people prefer the OEm style of rims (A-spec), but you'll be hard-pressed to find the 8.5" wide A-spec rims. They're usually hard to find. Just shop around and see what fits and looks good to you!

Oh, and browse the picture section on the 3rd generation TL.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:04 AM
Andrew

Received 532 Likes on 314 Posts
Originally Posted by DA808KING
Its 2016 and i found a 2007 Acura TL with only 14k miles on it. Its the base model but i could not pass on it. It belonged to an old lady who could not drive it anymore. No one has even sat in the back seats!!! In other words its in mind condition. I would love to get rims but would need to see all the different color combo's for the CBP TL. Im thinking 18' or 19's. Im also very new to this so don't rip my head off if theres other post about this.
That's a color that needs a bright wheel IMO, otherwise it can tend to look dull, and dirty, even when it's not. If it were mine I'd go with PVD Black Chrome, or Hyper silver, both providing sparkle, and contrast by being brighter or darker than the body color.

For reference, this is Hyper Silver (Acura calls this "Satin":

And this is PVD Black Chrome:

The wheel size depends on your personal taste. The brighter the wheel the bigger it'll look, so if you go with a bright silver then 18's will probably look the best. I would say that most 3rd gen guys run 18's, including myself, as it allows you to keep the stock tire OD and not kill the ride quality. However, if you're going with a darker wheel, 18's can appear a bit small, so 19's might be the ticket.

Good luck.

Last edited by VisualEchos; 05-03-2016 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:53 AM

Received 16,266 Likes on 11,974 Posts
color and style of wheels are personal preference!!!!

if you get dressed in the morning and can color coordinate, then you will have no problem picking out a color that goes well with your car.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:31 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by VisualEchos
That's a color that needs a bright wheel IMO, otherwise it can tend to look dull, and dirty, even when it's not. If it were mine I'd go with PVD Black Chrome, or Hyper silver, both providing sparkle, and contrast by being brighter or darker than the body color.

The wheel size depends on your personal taste. The brighter the wheel the bigger it'll look, so if you go with a bright silver then 18's will probably look the best. I would say that most 3rd gen guys run 18's, including myself, as it allows you to keep the stock tire OD and not kill the ride quality. However, if you're going with a darker wheel, 18's can appear a bit small, so 19's might be the ticket.

Good luck.
Thank you for that! Well said and makes alot of sense. I was pulling towards black 18's with chrome lip but if they look smaller id go with hyper silver.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:33 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by justnspace
color and style of wheels are personal preference!!!!

if you get dressed in the morning and can color coordinate, then you will have no problem picking out a color that goes well with your car.
Lmao! I get what you're saying, but im the type who would pick watching the movie vs reading the book. I need to see it vs just thinking it will work.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:35 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
:welcome: to Acurazine!

As for the rims, it's your personal preference. Some people prefer the OEm style of rims (A-spec), but you'll be hard-pressed to find the 8.5" wide A-spec rims. They're usually hard to find. Just shop around and see what fits and looks good to you!

Oh, and browse the picture section on the 3rd generation TL.
Thank you. True. I will be sure to check the pictures.
Old 05-04-2016, 11:14 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck.
That black chrome wheel is something I'm looking into. very Simple looking not to aggressive
Will it clear the brembo brakes with the right fitment ??.. I was looking at this site
http://www.getyourwheels.com/view-wheel/fivead/fivead-r5f-matte-silver
...no tire packages available. My goal is to get it flushed and not poke out that's all thanks

Last edited by HI808; 05-04-2016 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-04-2016, 01:27 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GetYourWheels.com: FIVE:AD FIVE:AD R5:F Matte Silver Wheels : Wheel and Tire Packages|Staggered Wheels|Custom Wheels|Luxury Rims
Old 05-04-2016, 02:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-p...-611460/page2/
Old 05-04-2016, 04:47 PM
10th Gear

Is it possible to get 19's with 235-245/40/19 with a 1inch drop without rubbing? And if the wheels are lighter in weight than stock will it still affect the speedO?
Old 05-04-2016, 05:42 PM
Andrew

Received 532 Likes on 314 Posts
Is it possible to get 19's with 235-245/40/19 with a 1inch drop without rubbing?
Dude, so many unknown's here. Remember, rubbing is a product of all sorts of things from wheel width, offset, tire height (which comes from the exact make and model of tire), camber, you will really need to nail down some of the other things to get an educated response. You could go through the wheel/tire fitment thread to see if anyone has the exact combo you're wanting, and the tires you're wanting, and the drop you're wanting...but it's unlikely.

Here, I'll make it easy for you, fill this out.

Wheel make:
Wheel model:
Wheel offset:
Tire make:
Tire model:
Tire size:
Suspension type:
Drop amount:
Camber front:
Camber rear:
Fender roll Y or N?

And if the wheels are lighter in weight than stock will it still affect the speedo?
The weight of the wheel has nothing to do with the speedometer error, it's the overall diameter of the tire, which is slightly different for each manufacturer, and will be different depending on the wheel you put it on.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:16 PM
10th Gear

Dude, so many unknown's here. Remember, rubbing is a product of all sorts of things from wheel width, offset, tire height (which comes from the exact make and model of tire), camber, you will really need to nail down some of the other things to get an educated response. You could go through the wheel/tire fitment thread to see if anyone has the exact combo you're wanting, and the tires you're wanting, and the drop you're wanting...but it's unlikely.

Here, I'll make it easy for you, fill this out.

Wheel make:
Wheel model:
Wheel offset:
Tire make:
Tire model:
Tire size:
Suspension type:
Drop amount:
Camber front:
Camber rear:
Fender roll Y or N?

The weight of the wheel has nothing to do with the speedometer error, it's the overall diameter of the tire, which is slightly different for each manufacturer, and will be different depending on the wheel you put it on.
Already did my research from my local dealer. 235/40/19 will be fine but when im going 60mph i will actually be going 62mph, thats not a problem for me at all. That tire size is 4% bigger at about an 1inch taller and half an inch larger in width than stock. I was looking at getting the TSW Rascasse in hyper silver and chrome lip. Thnx for the info guys.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:28 AM
Pro

Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts
Check out Cazio's CBP

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-p...880666/page28/