Can anyone confirm if the TL Type-S actually has it's own A-Spec Suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone confirm if the TL Type-S actually has it's own A-Spec Suspension?

Hi all, I'm newly registered and am considering a TL Type-S. Now i've seen the question asked before about putting an A-Spec suspension on the type-S. But I was wondering, isn't the a-spec suspension designed specifically for the regular TL? I imagine with both cars having different engine sizes and different weights, that it may not necessarily be a good idea to use the 3.2L A-spec suspension on the Type-S.

So, does the Type-S have it's own A-Spec suspension? Because if i get the car, i'd love to have around a .9 inch drop on the car.

Thanks for any info guys.

P.S. Anyone have a part number for the Type S A-Spec suspension (if it exists)?
Old 07-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by marshall28
Hi all, I'm newly registered and am considering a TL Type-S. Now i've seen the question asked before about putting an A-Spec suspension on the type-S. But I was wondering, isn't the a-spec suspension designed specifically for the regular TL? I imagine with both cars having different engine sizes and different weights, that it may not necessarily be a good idea to use the 3.2L A-spec suspension on the Type-S.

So, does the Type-S have it's own A-Spec suspension? Because if i get the car, i'd love to have around a .9 inch drop on the car.

An Acura dealer could.

My advice is to leave the stock suspension in the car.

The standard A Spec set-up is somewhat stiffer than the Type S set-up, but it's not worth the expense and the hassle.

The stock Type S package suits the overall character of this car perfectly.

My last car was an '06 Accord V6/EX/6 speed coupe. I dropped $2K on Tein SS-Ps (including the install), swapped out the rear bar and ran forged Centerlines wheels with Goodyear Eagle F1s.

I still can't get over how much better and more sophisticated this Acura TL-S is - straight out of the box. I am doing NOTHING to mine, other than installing a set of snows for the winter months.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:45 PM
2024 TLX Type-S

Received 64 Likes on 31 Posts

Here are the part numbers for the A-Spec suspension for a 2007 TL-S (auto):

Kit: 08W60-SEP-200C
Front Left: 2M00-FA
Front Right: 2M00-EA
Rears: 2M00-CA

I have the kit on my TL-S and love it.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just leave it the way it is!
May not have a cool drop, but the handling is hard to surpass!
You get a comfortable ride to boot.
Do you think Acura spends those millions of dollars in R&D just to spend money?
Old 07-30-2007, 04:58 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by NTP66
Here are the part numbers for the A-Spec suspension for a 2007 TL-S (auto):

Kit: 08W60-SEP-200C
Front Left: 2M00-FA
Front Right: 2M00-EA
Rears: 2M00-CA

I have the kit on my TL-S and love it.
Is that any different than the A-Spec kit that's offered for every other TL?
Old 07-30-2007, 05:06 PM
Drifting

Update to last message.

This Acura press release suggest that all TL A spec kits are the same:

http://www.hondanews.com/search/rele...a+spec&s=acura

The poster's original question asked if an A-Spec package that was SPECIFIC to the Type S is available. So far, the answer to that question appears to be "no."
Old 07-30-2007, 05:46 PM
2024 TLX Type-S

Received 64 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by harddrivin1le
Update to last message.
The poster's original question asked if an A-Spec package that was SPECIFIC to the Type S is available. So far, the answer to that question appears to be "no."
I'd probably call a dealer for the exact part numbers, because I know that the manual A-Spec kit has different part numbers. I've never bothered to ask if the TL and TL-S had different part numbers.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:43 AM
Instructor

Thanks for all the input guys. I currently have the Nismo suspension on my Altima 3.5L and that suspension is extremely stiff so I'm more than prepared for the stiffness of the A-Spec. I've had both eibach springs on my car and the full Nismo suspension (Springs, shocks, struts) and I have to say that the Nismo felt 3 times stiffer.

Ok but just to clarify, it appears that the A-spec suspension then supports both the 3.2L and the 3.5L TL's? I mean, that can't be right.

So yea, thanks for looking out for my interests guys but I'll be going A-Spec then without hesitation if a dealer can confirm the status on the A-Spec suspension for a Type S.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:42 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
J32 (3.2 liter TL) motor compared to j35 (3.5 liter TL-S) is the same motor just stroked .3 liters higher

The weight gain is minimal so in other words the A-Spec suspension is compatible with both cars
Old 07-31-2007, 12:21 PM
Instructor

I looked into what you said, and you are absolutely correct; there is almost no weight difference (like 39 pounds). THe A-spec then will work just fine
Old 07-31-2007, 01:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I spoke with Acura of Escondido a while back and he told me the TL-S has different A-spec suspension than the regular TL. I think it's best to talk to a dealership about the suspension differences.

ACTROS and I spoke about the A-spec suspension some time back and he found that the stock TL-S suspension has different (stiffer) shock rod bushings compared to the regular TLs. The TL-S shock rod bushings are metal reinforced and much stiffer than the regular rubber ones. They equal better steering feel and feedback.

I might be wrong on this but I imagine the A-spec suspension for the TL-S should use the stiffer bushings too, not the regular rubber ones.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:07 PM
Instructor

Interesting. I don't know then, maybe i should stick with the stock suspension? I'll see then, i'm going to have to carefully examine the car's ride hieght and whatnot then.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mashall let me know what you end up doing. I'm in a similar situation. I love the current ride of the car and don't want to mess with that at all. On the other hand, I think that there is too much daylight in the wheel well and I'd like to reduce it a bit (around an inch or so).

I'm waivering between:

a) a-spec suspension (maybe a little harsher ride and little to no drop)
b) Eibach Pro (not sure of the drop, but ride should be about the same) and cheaper than a-spec
c) doing nothing and learning to like the space in the wheel well

I'm looking to learn as much as I can from other's experiences.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Instructor

Keep in mind when you go with a wider wheel, it actually covers up some of that "daylight" stuff you talk about about. The diamater doesn't necessarily need to be bigger, but wider helps.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Gotcha on the width thing, good suggestion, but I'm already on 245/40/18s and I don't think I'll be replacing them anytime soon.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Drifting

So, does the Type-S have it's own A-Spec suspension? Because if i get the car, i'd love to have around a .9 inch drop on the car...Anyone have a part number for the Type S A-Spec suspension (if it exists)?

This Acura dealer on E-Bay appears to be suggesting that it does. (The PN is included within that post. I don't know if that's the same PN that's used for other TL A Specs or if it's unique to the Type S.)

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/writing-about-cl-my-final-164025/