Camber Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 12:53 AM
Luv my TL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Camber Kit

Hey Guys, I'm not good on understanding about camber kits so here's my question, do i need to have a camber kit on the rear if i have a 1.2 front 1.3 rear drop (tein s)? If so, what's the best brand out there? Your opinions are greatly appreciated!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 06:31 PM
JARON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just did the s-tech drop and i put the ingalls rear camber kit. i believe the front stock cambers are adjustable? correct me if im wrong.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:32 PM
VS#03

Originally Posted by JaronJosephGama
i just did the s-tech drop and i put the ingalls rear camber kit. i believe the front stock cambers are adjustable? correct me if im wrong.
Yeah you are right....the front camber has wide range of adjustments from -camber to +camber. My frontend guy recommends not purchasing the front camber, due to wide range of adjustment the front camber has to offer. The rear camber is needed to perform a proper 4 wheel alignment to make after market specs to taylor to your driving habits. I also used the Ingalls for the rear and also assisting it is Comptech RSB.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:47 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by K-Shawn
Yeah you are right....the front camber has wide range of adjustments from -camber to +camber. My frontend guy recommends not purchasing the front camber, due to wide range of adjustment the front camber has to offer. The rear camber is needed to perform a proper 4 wheel alignment to make after market specs to taylor to your driving habits. I also used the Ingalls for the rear and also assisting it is Comptech RSB.

Camber is not adjustable from the factory in the front nor the rear. Also, as long as you have your toe set correctly there is no need for a camber kit especially with the lowering springs on the market.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by JDM5lugHatch
Camber is not adjustable from the factory in the front nor the rear. Also, as long as you have your toe set correctly there is no need for a camber kit especially with the lowering springs on the market.

+1

I fully agree.

Camber will go out of spec whenever you change the vehivle's ride height. Questions regarding "what will happen to my camber when running *insert spring or coilover name here*" will all have the same answer.

MrHeeltoe's Facts of Honda Camber

Fact One:
When changing your double-wishbone/multilink Honda's ride height, regardless of product type, product brand, or degree of height change, the camber will be effected. Raising the car will result in politive camber, lowering will result in negative camber.

Fact Two:
Camber is a non-adjustable alignment angle on all double-wishbone/multilink Honda suspension arrangements. In order to adjust camber back to factory spec a camber kit is needed. Caster angle is also non-adjustable. Toe angle has a wide range of adjustment from the factory.

Fact Three:
Regardless of vehicle height (within reasonable limits, not more than 2.5-3" lowered) camber need not be to factory spec to avoid rapid inner tire wear. A proper 4-wheel alignment which adjusts the toe angle to the factory spec will be essential to preventing premature inner tire wear.

There is nothing special about the UA6 in this respect. Civics have used a wishbone/trailing arm from 1988 to 2000, as have Integras. Accords have used wishbone/trailing arm for quite a long time as well, until switching to a mulitilink rear in 1998 I believe. All exhibit behavior consistant with the facts listed above. 10 years of hands-on Honda suspension toying have taught me this.

Marcus
Old 07-30-2006, 03:16 PM
VS#03

Excuse me my bag....I meet the toein for the front and the rear if you have the aftermarket adj rear camber kit. Yes you do need the rear camber kit if you lower the car.....because of abnormal tire wear. You trying to call me out.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:36 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Excuse me my bag....I meet the toein for the front and the rear if you have the aftermarket adj rear camber kit. Yes you do need the rear camber kit if you lower the car.....because of abnormal tire wear. You trying to call me out.

Actually yes I'll call you out any day of the week. My car was on tein S-tech springs (because they offered the lowest drop at the time) I put over 10k miles on them and my factory tires have no abnormal wear whats-so-ever. Now I am running coilovers, the car is actually lower than with the S-techs and I have 6-7k miles on them thus far with no abnormal (inner tire wear). My toe is set to 0 all around to prevent abnormal wear. Sounds like you need to find a better alignment guy and definitely not the dealer. I have owned several honda's all slammed and none with camber kits. None with abnormal tire wear.

P.S. I really can't understand what the hell you are typing. Please slow down and read your post before you actually post it. k thanks bye!
Old 07-30-2006, 10:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Actually yes I'll call you out any day of the week. My car was on tein S-tech springs (because they offered the lowest drop at the time) I put over 10k miles on them and my factory tires have no abnormal wear whats-so-ever. Now I am running coilovers, the car is actually lower than with the S-techs and I have 6-7k miles on them thus far with no abnormal (inner tire wear). My toe is set to 0 all around to prevent abnormal wear. Sounds like you need to find a better alignment guy and definitely not the dealer. I have owned several honda's all slammed and none with camber kits. None with abnormal tire wear.

P.S. I really can't understand what the hell you are typing. Please slow down and read your post before you actually post it. k thanks bye!

Maybe we don't agree on what the best coilovers are, but you are correct about this 100%. Right down to the proof-reading.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:58 PM
Ryan Christopher

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It is true that camber does not effect tire wear as long as toe is set correctly. The only problem with having a high - camber comes in the way of traction. For cornering and drifting negative camber can be good, but for drag racing it is bad. The surface area is centered on the outside of the wheels and not on the whole tread patch. I personally like to have the wheels cambered back to the factory setting, which is slightly -. It just looks better to have the tires squared back up, and it surely doesn't hurt to install an adjustable camber kit. I to have slammed a few Honda's, and prefer having a camber kit on them.

If you have the money, get the camber kit, if you want to save some money, don't get it. It is merely the look, and some like the look of the extreme negative camber. Just not me.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:17 PM
VS#03

First of all.....maybe out of impulsiveness I was typing quickly to respond to your post, second of all......my wheel alignment guy is great, and third of all.....leave all that internet thug life of the forum. PM me and I'll give you a contact # to reach me or you can all ways meet up with me, I'm every where. For the future......if you're going to be critical or don't have something good to say, contact me. Don't hide behind the thread.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:07 PM
Now with i-Vtec

First of all.....maybe out of impulsiveness I was typing quickly to respond to your post, second of all......my wheel alignment guy is great, and third of all.....leave all that internet thug life of the forum. PM me and I'll give you a contact # to reach me or you can all ways meet up with me, I'm every where. For the future......if you're going to be critical or don't have something good to say, contact me. Don't hide behind the thread.

First off you started all this by saying and I quote "Are you trying to call me out?". Secondly maybe my P.S. to you was smartass because that's the way I took your comment firstly directed towards me.

Also, I don't live my life as an internet thug. I have actually lived a life that lead me down some wrong roads and all I am gonna say is that Karma is a bitch. Not to mention I never once came off as a thug in this thread as again those days are over. Maybe like I said I came off as a smartass but not a thug. The way I see it you are the one coming off as a thug telling me I can find you everywhere and to PM you yadda yadda yadda. Wow that's just great.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:54 PM
VS#03

First off you started all this by saying and I quote "Are you trying to call me out?". Secondly maybe my P.S. to you was smartass because that's the way I took your comment firstly directed towards me.

Also, I don't live my life as an internet thug. I have actually lived a life that lead me down some wrong roads and all I am gonna say is that Karma is a bitch. Not to mention I never once came off as a thug in this thread as again those days are over. Maybe like I said I came off as a smartass but not a thug. The way I see it you are the one coming off as a thug telling me I can find you everywhere and to PM you yadda yadda yadda. Wow that's just great.
If certain comments were taken the wrong way.....I apologize. I lived the same type of life that you experience back in the days and you're right Karma is a bitch. We're two grown adults....acting like two bullies on the playground. Life is short....lets just enjoy one of the recreation that we like, our TLs. Despite whatever happen earlier.....your TL is hot, I think I posted that a several months ago.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:22 AM
Instructor

Guys,

I'm still a bit confused. I have ingall camber kit for the rear. Do I really need to get front camber kit? I put the highest setting on my Tein Basic. My last alignment was so close to the specs. I forgot the number. The toe was almost to or ZERO. What do you think?
Old 08-01-2006, 05:31 AM
Now with i-Vtec

If certain comments were taken the wrong way.....I apologize. I lived the same type of life that you experience back in the days and you're right Karma is a bitch. We're two grown adults....acting like two bullies on the playground. Life is short....lets just enjoy one of the recreation that we like, our TLs. Despite whatever happen earlier.....your TL is hot, I think I posted that a several months ago.
I agree! Thanks for the comments on my ride.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by foot3ch
Guys,

I'm still a bit confused. I have ingall camber kit for the rear. Do I really need to get front camber kit? I put the highest setting on my Tein Basic. My last alignment was so close to the specs. I forgot the number. The toe was almost to or ZERO. What do you think?

No, you don't. The camber should still be within spec.

Toe is the only number you really should care about.