Before & After Eibach Pro-kit **pics**

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 10:54 PM
@(UR@ +!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JD TL-S
Copyryte, I am highly considering Volk GT-C in Silver. I think if I change my mind the SC 3000 in Hyper Black is a possible second choice. I will wait on wheels until I am 100% sure. I want to lower first. I love your car The WDP with those wheels and in my opinion a big enough drop. I was set on going with Tein Basic or SS but today I was talked out of it. I was told those are only needed if you are going to a race track. And the ride will get quite a bit harder, He said the Einbach Pro springs give the car a nice lowering and keeps the ride nice with a little better handling. DOES your car handle any better? My 07 TL-S handles quite a bit better then my 06 TL. So I was affraid to stiffen the 07 TL-S anymore with coilovers. I had an older Firebird with WS-6 suspension with huge stabilizer bars. I put Koni's heavy duty Gas adjust shocks on the car. It handled like a Ferrari but rode like a rock. If I took a corner and hit a bump, the rear would jump!!!
JD TL-S,

The cornering and handling is better than stock. Mind you I don't have a TLS. The ride is still very close to stock!!! I am extremely please with these springs.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:54 PM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 130 Posts
I am now considering just the Eibach Pro springs again AFTER talking to Mark at RevSpec in NYC. Thats where I ordered my Work Varianza wheels. He had a lot of good things to say about the Eibach springs. Will lower car 1", give a nice ride and better handling. I can get the springs with install for $425. After I get me wheels in 6-8 weeks I will decide then if I do the springs. NO more listening to opinions on suspension for me. I think the TL-S shocks will go good with the Eibach Pro springs, and 1" was always what I really wanted. 1.3-1.5" is TOO much for where I live. And Tein Coilovers are overkill. IMO. PERIOD
Old 05-17-2007, 05:48 AM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am now considering just the Eibach Pro springs again AFTER talking to Mark at RevSpec in NYC. Thats where I ordered my Work Varianza wheels. He had a lot of good things to say about the Eibach springs. Will lower car 1", give a nice ride and better handling. I can get the springs with install for $425. After I get me wheels in 6-8 weeks I will decide then if I do the springs. NO more listening to opinions on suspension for me. I think the TL-S shocks will go good with the Eibach Pro springs, and 1" was always what I really wanted. 1.3-1.5" is TOO much for where I live. And Tein Coilovers are overkill. IMO. PERIOD
I'm pretty sure you will be happy. I'm supposed to get mine installed soon. I will give you the full report when she's done. Congrats on your decisions!
Old 05-17-2007, 07:10 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by dragonlord
I'm pretty sure you will be happy. I'm supposed to get mine installed soon. I will give you the full report when she's done. Congrats on your decisions!
Thankyou dragonlord! I love my french roast coffee, but it gets me crazy sometimes. You have to take all opinions like a grain of salt. I have always been a numbers person, perfectionism is in my DNA (family) It sucks often to be so anal. Can't wait for my wheels. I am hoping they look great.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:39 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by copyryte
JD TL-S,

The cornering and handling is better than stock. Mind you I don't have a TLS. The ride is still very close to stock!!! I am extremely please with these springs.

Same here. After a week with the Eibach's installed, I have experienced a noticible improvement in handling and not much difference in ride. The car does seem a little "bouncy" over hard bumps, I don't know how else to describe it but it is really not that much different. I also just installed a set of Goodyear Eagle F1"s (235/40 Y18) and am in love with the tires as well.. a huge upgrade from the Yokohama's.

It's been rainy here in Chicago, so I haven't taken pictures yet
Old 05-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Tommygun
Same here. After a week with the Eibach's installed, I have experienced a noticible improvement in handling and not much difference in ride. The car does seem a little "bouncy" over hard bumps, I don't know how else to describe it but it is really not that much different. I also just installed a set of Goodyear Eagle F1"s (235/40 Y18) and am in love with the tires as well.. a huge upgrade from the Yokohama's.

It's been rainy here in Chicago, so I haven't taken pictures yet
YAH our weather has been so weird(as expected) I see you have 18's. I wanted 19's SO BAD! But I just ordered new VOLK RE 30 in Silver bright titanium with RE 050A Pole Position 245/40/18" I wanted a decent ride around chicago. Next I will probably get the same springs. I just visa'd $4k So I will wait. But thanks much for your quality opinions The VOLK will match my silver 07 TL-S
Old 05-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Geez- we are supposed to have a FROST warning tonite! Just waiting for my springs to be installed and Rondy says the wheels should be in in about 1-2 weeks!
Old 05-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea the eibachs are a good choice.
Hope you like it.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:27 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by dragonlord
Geez- we are supposed to have a FROST warning tonite! Just waiting for my springs to be installed and Rondy says the wheels should be in in about 1-2 weeks!
Are you getting 19" wheels? Those are the new RonJons correct? What do you think of my wheel choice? My OLDER much more mellow brother thought my NEW choice was very intelligent I love the polished lips on the other choices, but quality, weight, ride comfort was most important. And I think the new Volk RE 30 18X8" in bright satin silver +44 offset will make my ASM TL-S Smile at me 16.5# per wheel. And Pole Position RE 050A 245/40/18"
Old 05-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Engineer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Hyperblack baby!!! and here you go guys...the rims just came in today......
This picture reminds me of my old ride....

hyperblack chrome baby!!

I used to live in Mississauga too.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:22 PM
@(UR@ +!

Originally Posted by lights
This picture reminds me of my old ride....

hyperblack chrome baby!!

I used to live in Mississauga too.
That would've been funny if you still lived here and we bumped into each other...LOL
Old 05-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Mark is cool, i dealt with him personally when i bought the 5Zigens because Ravspec's HQ isn't far from me. he knows his stuff & has a sick STI to prove it.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:41 AM
Safety Car

YAH Mark is one smart guy. I felt bad cancelling the Work Varianza 19" wheels, but they weighed 28#. When I first ordered Raffi said about 25# which was about the max weight I wanted. Wanted to stay the same weight as stock for tire/wheel combination. The 18" Volk RE 30 weighs 16.5#. 18" is the biggest dia on that wheel. I love the look of 19's, but very happy with 18's. Plus the 245/40/18 RE 050A Poles look meaty from the rear. I really need to lower. Eibach Pro springs eill be here in 2.5 days. I need to find a place around Chicago to have them put in. AND want a rear camber kit if they can do also. Don't want ANY ODD wear on new Rubber. ANY suggestions are VERY helpfull !!!
Old 07-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Instructor

I would personally prefer it a little lower as well however I drive approximately 150kms per day so tirewear is an issue that's why I chose the conservative drop.

It should drop just a little bit more once it settles.

I wish I could slap on the rims however I still haven't received them yet...the shop where I purchased them haven't received the tires yet so I'm gonna have to wait a bit.

I'll post pics up for sure once I slap them on.

Did you have to get a camber kit?
Old 07-23-2007, 09:48 PM
@(UR@ +!

Originally Posted by dmb4325
Did you have to get a camber kit?
Nope...just a 4 wheel alignment a week later.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:41 PM
Instructor

Here's a picture of my TL, on Eibach's

Old 08-18-2007, 03:34 AM
Cruisin'

this for this post! i'm going to use a Prokit myself too! i've always used coilovers for my other cars! going with springs this time!