Anyone know CL-Sw/ Brembo& BBS-RX

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 01:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone know CL-Sw/ Brembo& BBS-RX

Hey I have a Comptech catalog with a CL-C in there in a white color with Brembo calipers and BBS RX rims. Now comtech told me they were

"Yes, that car has the RX wheels, Brembos and our lowering springs on it. The wheels are 18x8 with 225/40-18 tires. Our sales department can quote you prices on the wheels. "

But when I check BBS RX wheels with our bolt pattern, tire rack says they are 38 offset. Is this possible?

What exactly would rub or be a problem with a 38 offset vs a 50 offset? Apparently that wheel's spokes clear the caliper maybe cause the spokes bend out instead of in towards the lip. Anyone know anything bout this?
Old 06-13-2003, 09:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
doesn't seem really possibly to me...our offset is actually 55+, so it kind of seems that mathematically, that would be a prepetual inadequacy. Anyway, for the most part, I would say, BBS Wheels, are 2 piece, although I'm not sure of the RX Wheels, I do know, that two and three piece wheels, are made with different offsets, so possibly in the comptech information book its listed 38, but in all actual sense it is a 48 ET.
Just My 2 Cents....
Old 06-13-2003, 10:42 PM
Burning Brakes

The pieces are not adding up here. The only CL I see on the website is a white first gen. It is at the top of the CL products page:

http://shop.innercite.com/comptech/cl.html

That car probably does have a +38 offset but they do not look like BBS wheels. I might be reaching here but I do no think the CL you are talking about is the same CL Comptech is talking about.

Anyway, there is no way an 18", +38 wheel going to work on a second generation TL (1999-2003). +45 is bare minimum with an 18" wheel and preferred is +50 or higher. NHB, what year is your car?

BTW, anyone notice the Comptech Forum page is no longer?
Old 06-14-2003, 05:04 AM
Three Wheelin'

WTF? They closed their forums? I just posted a few days ago. Man they are starting to blow. Anyway the CL Type S I am reffering to is in their magazine catalog. It has BBS RX rims, which are one peice and Brrembo calipers. As far as offset goes, it may have been much more, all I am saying is that I only find 38 as higest offset in that rim. There is also someone else here who had chrome ones on a black TL and I m pretty sure they had a 45 plus offset or maybe even more
Old 06-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Sorry NHB. I don't know what else to tell you. If it is this much trouble, maybe set you sights on another wheel unless you can find a place that will actually fit one on your car. Do not go with a +38 if that is all you can find because it will be nothing but trouble. You will get into cutting and rolling fenders and it is not worth that IMHO.
Old 06-14-2003, 11:02 AM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks guys. Im gonna try a different wheel then if no one gets back to me on this. I am sure that is the setup. My only concern is strength in 18 inch wheels. My new rims bent so easy and Im upset. May have been because of the bad camber in rear but none the less I want strong rims. What do you think, CAST or FORGED?