Anyone get aftermarket shocks to make your ride smoother?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone get aftermarket shocks to make your ride smoother?

is there such a thing? if so how much and what kind did you get?
Old 12-26-2010, 12:20 AM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
There are no after market shocks to make you car drive softer. even oem replacements like KYB G2 shocks tend to give u better control than the stock shock. You bought the wrong car i guess. Just put her up for sale but next time i can bet you you'll drive the next car a little bit of everywhere to get the total feel.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:27 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
If you have aftermarket tires they alone can account for a vast difference in the ride qualities when compared to the OE tires. If this is the case, look at softer H rated tires when replacement is due. If the TL has OE tires, might look into Honda shock/springs as a replacement along with the H rated tires, but going this route will naturally negate the crisp handling in lieu of a more subtle ride.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Chapter Leader (Central New Jersey)

Received 220 Likes on 202 Posts
maybe yours are worn out.....
Old 12-26-2010, 11:35 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Maybe its just me but I noticed a huge difference in ride quality from my factory Type-S shocks/springs to my Tokico HP's and Tein S. techs. My car is alot smoother and people in the back seat find it more enjoyable watching movies....my next setup will be a set of Megans or Tein SS due to their ride dampening features....
Old 12-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ParaSurfer1979
There are no after market shocks to make you car drive softer. even oem replacements like KYB G2 shocks tend to give u better control than the stock shock. You bought the wrong car i guess. Just put her up for sale but next time i can bet you you'll drive the next car a little bit of everywhere to get the total feel.
what are the OE tires? the exact numbers
Old 12-26-2010, 01:59 PM
3rd Gear

Being that I live in the Delaware Valley and travel back and forth between PA and NJ quite often, I too am interested in mods I can do to prevent damage from the expansion joints, railroad crossings and the harsh road surfaces in this area. Thanks!
Old 12-28-2010, 11:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Actually the TOKICO HTS shocks have a fairly wide range of damping. You can dial in the valving to make them fairly pliable.

http://store.excelerateperformance.c.../i-226886.aspx

Use promo code HTS507 for a significant discount.

Have you been searching for a shock that does it all? Are you looking for a shock that can handle the rigors of auto crossing, road racing and drifting? Then look no further than Tokico’s HTS line. With a large range of adjustability combined with affordable pricing the Tokico HTS line is sure to fit your performance budget.

Tokico HTS Dampers have been developed with an entirely different concept than traditional adjustable gas shocks. Instead of a shock that would be adjusted to “hard” on the track and “soft” on the street, the HTS Damper was developed to allow users to set up their suspensions to “move” the way they want, all the way from smooth, comfortable ride quality to race-ready setups for clocking record lap times.The HTS Damper gives users a huge range of adjustability and performance for all users and can be considered the ultimate street damper.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:01 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by Excelerate
Actually the TOKICO HTS shocks have a fairly wide range of damping. You can dial in the valving to make them fairly pliable.

http://store.excelerateperformance.c.../i-226886.aspx

Use promo code HTS507 for a significant discount.

Have you been searching for a shock that does it all? Are you looking for a shock that can handle the rigors of auto crossing, road racing and drifting? Then look no further than Tokico’s HTS line. With a large range of adjustability combined with affordable pricing the Tokico HTS line is sure to fit your performance budget.

Tokico HTS Dampers have been developed with an entirely different concept than traditional adjustable gas shocks. Instead of a shock that would be adjusted to “hard” on the track and “soft” on the street, the HTS Damper was developed to allow users to set up their suspensions to “move” the way they want, all the way from smooth, comfortable ride quality to race-ready setups for clocking record lap times.The HTS Damper gives users a huge range of adjustability and performance for all users and can be considered the ultimate street damper.
Hey, just wanted to thank you for the quick delivery of my Konis.

To the OP, sometimes MORE damping can make the large bumps feel smoother but you will feel the small ones more. Everything is a compromise.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars
Hey, just wanted to thank you for the quick delivery of my Konis.

To the OP, sometimes MORE damping can make the large bumps feel smoother but you will feel the small ones more. Everything is a compromise.
You're welcome and thank you for your support. I know there are many vendors to choose from.