any info on general altimax HP tires?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 05:57 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any info on general altimax HP tires?

Was looking at continental extreme contact tires and after calling continental for some info, they said they were being discontinued. They suggested the general altimax hp. 245/45-17. I looked them up on tire rack and the survey results look very good... anyone with personal experience or info? thanks
Old 09-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
General Ultima UHP are sitting on 235-40- 18s on my 01TL

While tirerack tested them as summer performance and gave #1 rating!, they carry the M&S mud/snow industry standard rating,, because the micro tread design carries water away so well.

They are fine in light snow, on occassion, but if it snows every-day where you live- get some snow tires too!
Many stores in town will match online pricing- and they will be there if you have a flat or need a rebalance etc
Get them Hunter Road Force balanced for Ultimate appreciation of the abilty and smoothness~

Wife appreciates the quiet and I know she pushes them hard when I am not with her.
She knows far too much about the vtech and braking abilities of the TL-- for me to ever dare ask why, and how, she knows this!

Had the Generals for over a year, awesome dry, unbelievable grip wet- they act like its dry, and wet braking that will amaze you~ AA rating is the highest given!

So I guess you could say I like them, several ziners have bought them as well and are equally impressed.
For the price its a no brainer
The next better tire is the 175$ goodyear f1- and those are great tires
Old 09-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
General Ultima UHP are sitting on 235-40- 18s on my 01TL

While tirerack tested them as summer performance and gave #1 rating!, they carry the M&S mud/snow industry standard rating,, because the micro tread design carries water away so well.

They are fine in light snow, on occassion, but if it snows every-day where you live- get some snow tires too!
Many stores in town will match online pricing- and they will be there if you have a flat or need a rebalance etc
Get them Hunter Road Force balanced for Ultimate appreciation of the abilty and smoothness~

Wife appreciates the quiet and I know she pushes them hard when I am not with her.
She knows far too much about the vtech and braking abilities of the TL-- for me to ever dare ask why, and how, she knows this!

Had the Generals for over a year, awesome dry, unbelievable grip wet- they act like its dry, and wet braking that will amaze you~ AA rating is the highest given!

So I guess you could say I like them, several ziners have bought them as well and are equally impressed.
For the price its a no brainer
The next better tire is the 175$ goodyear f1- and those are great tires
Actually looking for info on the altimax hp.. but i appreciate your reply! thanks...
Old 09-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 05tlguy
Was looking at continental extreme contact tires and after calling continental for some info, they said they were being discontinued. They suggested the general altimax hp. 245/45-17. I looked them up on tire rack and the survey results look very good... anyone with personal experience or info? thanks