All of you that have Neuspeed supercup kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 04:50 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All of you that have Neuspeed supercup kit

So after a lot of research on this site and listening to you guys, I've gone ahead and purchased the Neuspeed supercup kit with sport springs instead of race springs along with a rear camber kit and Progress RSB. Thanks for all the guidance.

So my question for those of you who are running this setup, what level front and rear did you adjust the dampening and ride height? I keep seeing people running their rear at a little softer rate than their front.

I might just leave the springs do there work and leave it the height alone at a 1.75" F and 1.5" R drop.. but I might also use the shocks and lower it another .25" all the way around.

And finally, for those of you running the Progress RSB.. I'm not sure if I want to set it to street or to track. Is there that much of a difference in ride quality between the two? On the flipside, for those of you who have tried both, was there a noticeable difference in handling going between the two settings?

I only ask all this because I went against the advice of the board and am taking it to a Midas for installation.. they gave me a decent quote and were real friendly. Plus I like the assurance of having a legal entity to fall back on if anything goes wrong (I always end up messing something up when I DIMyself).

Thanks again for all the help!
Old 03-31-2009, 05:51 PM
boost 3G

dunno about the supercup kit but the rsb you will prob want to put it on the track setting....it makes it stiffer there for better handling!
Old 03-31-2009, 10:07 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tyler cookson
So after a lot of research on this site and listening to you guys, I've gone ahead and purchased the Neuspeed supercup kit with sport springs instead of race springs along with a rear camber kit and Progress RSB. Thanks for all the guidance.

So my question for those of you who are running this setup, what level front and rear did you adjust the dampening and ride height? I keep seeing people running their rear at a little softer rate than their front.

I might just leave the springs do there work and leave it the height alone at a 1.75" F and 1.5" R drop.. but I might also use the shocks and lower it another .25" all the way around.

And finally, for those of you running the Progress RSB.. I'm not sure if I want to set it to street or to track. Is there that much of a difference in ride quality between the two? On the flipside, for those of you who have tried both, was there a noticeable difference in handling going between the two settings?

I only ask all this because I went against the advice of the board and am taking it to a Midas for installation.. they gave me a decent quote and were real friendly. Plus I like the assurance of having a legal entity to fall back on if anything goes wrong (I always end up messing something up when I DIMyself).

Thanks again for all the help!
I can actually answer these questions because I just put on the same exact setup. I have the sport springs, and the 1.75 drop in the front (I have a 6MT) and 1.5 in the rear is enough to even up the wheel gaps. I'm running the second perch from the bottom, and I have a nice 1/2 finger to 1 finger gap all around. If you want it to be near flush, you can do bottom perch all around, and it will be fine.

You're supposed to run the shocks on full soft for the first week or two, but I just put it on 1 full turn front and rear (max stiffness is 2 full turns). It's kinda stiff already (I came from Aspec suspension), so I might make the rears half a turn this weekend.

I just put on the Progress RSB, and I put it on the stiffer setting (track).... I heard the conservative setting is close to stock (again, I have 6mt, so my stock RSB is 20mm vs the 17mm on the automatic).

I have yet to fully test the suspension because I didn't get an alignment yet (rear toe is noticeably off). So far, there's a big difference! I had Marcus at HeelToe install it for me because of his professional reputation and the fact that his fair pricing allowed me to save my body and pay him to do it (I did my own Aspec install, but I didn't feel like DIYing this time).

Oh yeah... pics are pending because I'm getting my wheel spacers tomorrow!
Old 04-01-2009, 09:53 AM
10th Gear

I gotta see those pics after you get the wheel spacers!

Does anyone have any advice on whether or not to keep the firmness rate the same F and R, or should the R be set a little softer? I was considering 1 full turn in the front and 1/2 or 3/4 of a turn in the rear only becaus I keep seeing people putting their rear softer than the front.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:04 AM
"Like None Other"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
^^^i have mine set @ 1 full turn from soft on the front and .75 turns from soft on the rear. handles pretty good to me. I came from an a-spec suspension and it is slightly stiffer than the a-spec but nothing to noticeable.

itsryanftw....POST DEM PICS!!!...lol
Old 04-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Type- (S)low

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How hard or easy is it to adjust the rear struts after the install?
Old 04-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Paul_2007S
How hard or easy is it to adjust the rear struts after the install?
You have to remove the back seat the adjust the rear struts. Once you do it, it's not that bad.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by djbonsu
^^^i have mine set @ 1 full turn from soft on the front and .75 turns from soft on the rear. handles pretty good to me. I came from an a-spec suspension and it is slightly stiffer than the a-spec but nothing to noticeable.

itsryanftw....POST DEM PICS!!!...lol
Here are some pics I took at work... I'm getting the TLS tails this weekend and wheel spacers today, but here's my drop:

Again, this is the supercup kit with the sport springs and set on the 2nd to the last perch. If you look at djbonsu's thread, I think he did middle perch all around... that should give you enough reference to decide which perch you want to put it at.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:26 PM
"Like None Other"

^^^looks good man!!!...im thinking i may go down one more perch but im gonna wait and see how my new wheels look in it first before i do that...plus in chicago...roads here suck so mybe i wont

how do u like the stance / ride?? any scraping??

Last edited by djbonsu; 04-01-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by djbonsu
^^^looks good man!!!...im thinking i may go down one more perch but im gonna wait and see how my new wheels look in it first before i do that...plus in chicago...roads here suck so mybe i wont

how do u like the stance / ride?? any scraping??
I absolutely love the stance, although there's a part of me that wants to put it at the bottom perch (but then I hold back because I'm not taking it apart...LOL). For me, one full turn in the back (I just got Progress RSB too) is a little too bumpy, so I'll take it down 3/4 or 1/2 turn in the back this weekend to see if it's more satisfactory.

My tires are currently 245/40, and the rims are 18x8 with a 40mm offset. No rubbing so far, no scraping. For you, if you're going to put on 19's with a not so crazy offset, you'd be okay with the second from the bottom perch setting. I'm getting 15mm spacers today to kick out the wheels a little, and I'll see what happens then... I didn't get a camber kit, so there should be enough room back there to make it work.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:52 PM
"Like None Other"

^^^yea, i hear ya...well see what my 19s look like...im running a +32 offset 19x8 wheels. no camber kit yet? watch those tires bro
Old 04-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Racer

Let me tell you I finally got my Neuspeed supercup kit with sport springs and rear + front camber kit installed this past Saturday, thanks to Melvin2816 and Rooki that came over and help me to do the work, front cambers can be a pain in the a#$ , anyway I got lowest perch all around and I love it no finger gap in the front and about half or maybe less of a finger gap in the rear, I can't say anything about damper yet because I didn't take the car out after saturday, I'm going to take back out this weekend to get the aligment, I will post some pictures and maybe try to mess around with the damper this weekend or maybe wait until I get the 500 miles before I adjust anything.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:15 PM
"Like None Other"

^^^Excellent deal bro! Glad the install worked out well for ya! Personally i would wait after 500 miles to set the dampers but then again i dunno how detrimental it is to the shocks life POST DEM PICS man!
Old 04-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Racer

^^ I will probably get together with Melvin2816 this weekend and take more pictures and post them all at once.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:17 AM
J Bill

I just received my Supercup kit last night. I was surprised at how heavy the box was. Tell me that when I remove my stock springs and struts that I am removing at least the same amount of weight if not more?
Old 03-05-2013, 03:39 PM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Bringing back an old thread..I'm about to order the sport springs but want the ride quality to be as smooth to stock suspension as I can get..I had tein SA coils and I hated how rough the ride was and was told this setup is the way to go to get the most comfortable ride with being able to drop the car just enough to close the wheel gap.