ADR Wheels? Any nice ones that fit??

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 04:27 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ADR Wheels? Any nice ones that fit??

Might be able to get some ADR wheels, just wondering if there are any good ones that will fit the TL?

Something sporty..
Not really the mesh design as much unless they are really nice.. more in the 5 spoke kind..

I've been trying to find these wheels on various websites, but was wondering if there are any that anyone has or knows of that are really nice?
Old 10-23-2001, 05:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YO E-DUB!!!!!!!!!!!How have you been?

I have always loved the M-Classic and the Enigma but they are Mesh designs. They should all fit since they all come in a variety of Bolt patterns and I think you wanted 18's right so the offset is +45 which is Ok.

Later.
Old 10-23-2001, 05:53 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Adam!! Wsssup!!?!?! I've been good, what about you? Things alright now? Hopefully you'll be posting more often again..

I finally got married.

Gotta check those wheels out, thanks for the suggestions.. hopefully by next spring, I'll be able to put those on.. I might be getting the comptechs sooner than I expected.. so can't have the drop w/o nice wheels to compliment it right??

laters..
Eric
Old 10-23-2001, 06:00 PM
Racer

hey eric,

its me paul from the TL meet last sat. are you still interested in my comptech springs? they are less then 5 months old. im planning to buy HR OE cause im eventually going to add a kit to my TL-S

have you heard anything bad about HR OE'S, i heard rumors that they sag in the back? is that true??

let me know
Old 10-23-2001, 06:16 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Hi Paul,

Definately still interested in the comptechs! Just let me know when you are gonna take them off..

I think people think they sag in the back because of the fenderwell gap we have on the TL, it gives that perception because the front is larger than the back.. but the car is actually even..

but to be honest, all the ones I've seen don't seem to be sagging, unless there is a heavy ass system in the trunk or something..

You probably won't be able to tell unless you stick your fingers in between the tire and the fender.. not only that.. you have a black car, you can't even see the distance from the tires to the fender.. just the wheels.. which is what you want anyway..

Did you see the CLS with the nuespeed springs? It's an even drop as well like the H&R.. no sagging there either..

btw.. what happened after Armadillo Willy's.. we missed ya at the group pic..
Old 10-23-2001, 06:41 PM
Racer

hey eric,

thanks for the info!

i can sell the springs for 150 whenever you want, im planning to replace my springs when i get my kit early next year. but if you want them now, we can do it whenever your free.

i couldnt cruise with you guys cause i had plans later that day. next time for sure!

do you have hook up on ADR rims? if not, you should get the oem kit first, your car will look sweet lowered and oem kit! or maybe get some enki's, i think someone here has the hookup!

im planning to get the kit and WW flush wing. after that, im done!! no money for rims! 18" rims cost too much!
Old 10-23-2001, 07:16 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Paul,
Sounds good. Anytime is good. email me if you decide to do it sooner. phanthavong@hotmail.com
Is there a place that installs them for you or did you do it yourself?

Actually, yee said he might have the hookup.. but we'll see. Just wanted to get an idea of what wheels they had in case the opportunity came up. Yeah.. and definately the kit before the wheels. Just gotta be careful like you said..

You don't have to upgrade your wheels anyway.. those look nice.. the ones I have are in need to be changed..
Old 10-23-2001, 09:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Personally I LOVE the M classics, but didnt think they would fit my car properly. Adam where've you been?? Are you going to be around now??
Old 10-23-2001, 09:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
To clarify I was interested in 18's and ADR's site lists these beauties as only coming in an 18 x8.5. Only the 17's come in a 7.5 width. From what I found on this board I dont think a 8.5 will fit without rubbing. Thats too bad though otherwie I would have found my rims.

Old 10-23-2001, 09:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, I should be around more now. Life has been a little hectic.
Big change in plans. Doing a lot of soul-searching.

The other problem with the ADR which Eric already knows is the 17 's only come in a +40 offset so the only option would be 18's which as you mentioned are too wide.
Old 10-23-2001, 09:42 PM
Banned

my buddy synth19, has 18x7.5 ADR ENIGMA wheels on his CLS.

Looks alot better in person!!!! I love these rims!!!

Old 10-23-2001, 09:43 PM
Banned

oh here are more pics of his rims..

http://www.ginash.f2s.com/mycl.html
Old 10-23-2001, 10:35 PM
NSX & 3.2TL

Crzy Acura,

It looks like your TL-S has the Comptech exhaust and synth19 has the HKS Drager exhaust. Is this correct? What kind of sound differences between the two have you noticed? Any kind of observations would be helpful.
Old 10-23-2001, 11:25 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Fury TL-X
Crzy Acura,

It looks like your TL-S has the Comptech exhaust and synth19 has the HKS Drager exhaust. Is this correct? What kind of sound differences between the two have you noticed? Any kind of observations would be helpful.

The HKS sounds great!! I really havent heard my car from the outside. Im sure though the HKS is louder on the outside. It sounds real nice.

But i dont think the HKS would look good on the TL, since its pretty big. But it looks great on the CL cuz they have bigger cutouts IMO.
Old 10-24-2001, 02:03 AM
Racer

sup eric,

regarding the comptech springs, whenever you need them just let me know. i can do it anytime its convineint for you. previously i got the springs installed at bozz performance in fremont. they usually charge around 100 bucks or less. but im not sure, i kinda know the owners there, so i might be able to get a reasonable deal in labor. let me know if you wanna go there. hopefully i can get my kit withinn the next couple of months, after the holidays$$$

i forgot to ask, where are you from? cause it might be too far for you.

if your planning to get ADR, i recommemd 18" RS-Limited Akunin. they usually cost 1500 with tires.

thx.
paul
paulpvu@yahoo.com
Old 10-24-2001, 12:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Edub,
I've got a set of ADR's in my sig if you want to see what a set with the polished lip look like.
Old 10-24-2001, 12:27 PM
NSX & 3.2TL

Originally posted by Crzy Acura
The HKS sounds great!! I really havent heard my car from the outside. Im sure though the HKS is louder on the outside. It sounds real nice.

But i dont think the HKS would look good on the TL, since its pretty big. But it looks great on the CL cuz they have bigger cutouts IMO.
Dangit!!! I want better sound, but you're right. They are pretty big. Does having a WW or OEM kit help any regarding the cutouts?
Old 11-06-2001, 03:38 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Originally posted by bricot
Edub,
I've got a set of ADR's in my sig if you want to see what a set with the polished lip look like.
Forgot to ask.. which ADR wheels are those??
The polished lip is NICE!
Old 11-11-2001, 12:25 AM
Racer

I just bought ADR Type 50's in white. Saw them on another regualar TL at the shop whos installing them, look awesome and a VERY good price
Old 11-11-2001, 01:21 AM
Racer

eric

don't forget about your other friends in the bayarea...
we have a hook up for installs...

Also don't get screwed like allan did when he bought ADR...

Again ask your friend about deals on that...

BTW my wheels are up for grabs if you are interested... right now I'm lending them to Allan's gf...

-J