20's

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003 | 10:24 AM
Intermediate

dont forget www.bcforged.com when it comes to wheels similar to HRE, and iForged.

Those 20's above aren't exactly correct...they are very agressive. But I dont think I need to tell anyone here how hard it is to fit this car.
Old 09-26-2003 | 10:36 AM
Cruisin'

What's wrong with them sticking out a little, I think they look better when they stick out some. I would even buy wheel spacers if they were safer, and had no effect on the axle, but other wise I think they look way better u see a car coming with the wheels sticking out. Picture the Audi or the M3 and M5. Now if your dropped u may have a problem, but I don't plan on lowering my car anyway, at least not with springs, it would have to be the tein coilovers or someother "real" kind.
Old 09-26-2003 | 10:40 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Good2Go
What's wrong with them sticking out a little, I think they look better when they stick out some. I would even buy wheel spacers if they were safer, and had no effect on the axle, but other wise I think they look way better u see a car coming with the wheels sticking out. Picture the Audi or the M3 and M5. Now if your dropped u may have a problem, but I don't plan on lowering my car anyway, at least not with springs, it would have to be the tein coilovers or someother "real" kind.
none of those cars u mentioned have the wheels sticking out. if you dont lower the car and throw 20's on it, its gonna look like a retarded 4x4 TL.
Old 09-26-2003 | 10:40 AM
Banned

Ummm....because if they stick out past the fender they will rub. Most of the German cars have more room and have flared fenders. This is why they can fit a wider wheel with a lower offset. But their wheels still never stick out past the fenders.
Old 09-26-2003 | 09:10 PM
Cruisin'

OK I just got my TL like a month ago so I don't know much but are u telling me that if my wheels pasts the fender it will rub? Well I've have a 2000 Galant and it's lowered 2" with 18's on it never rubbed. Also if u get 20's it will look nothing like a 4x4, why, because 20's will fill up that gap. It all depends on what kind of drop u get first of all, the springs and the struts. But no drop with 20's would be sick.

Now since we are voicing our opinions, I would never drop a TL with 18's, thats something u leave for civics and accords. For me it has to me it has to be atleast 19's or 20's. And lowering wise it has to be coilovers, nothing under 1.5" drop. It just pisses me off to see a $28000 car with little wheels, after market wheels.
Old 09-26-2003 | 11:59 PM
Banned

OK I just got my TL like a month ago so I don't know much but are u telling me that if my wheels pasts the fender it will rub? Well I've have a 2000 Galant and it's lowered 2" with 18's on it never rubbed. Also if u get 20's it will look nothing like a 4x4, why, because 20's will fill up that gap. It all depends on what kind of drop u get first of all, the springs and the struts. But no drop with 20's would be sick.

Now since we are voicing our opinions, I would never drop a TL with 18's, thats something u leave for civics and accords. For me it has to me it has to be atleast 19's or 20's. And lowering wise it has to be coilovers, nothing under 1.5" drop. It just pisses me off to see a $28000 car with little wheels, after market wheels.
the reason your wheels do not rub on the galant is because u got the correct specs. the acura tl requires a very high offset. stock is 17x6.5 with a +55 offset (for the type s). barely any 20's coem with a configuration that would fit correctly. and the ones that MIGHT fit, well just look at the pic in the first page. the ideal size would be 19x8 with a +50 offset and a 225/35/19 tire. that combinaton right there is gold. last but not least, take this advice for what its worth. if you wanna throw 20's on your TL without lowering it, by all means go ahead and do it. but when people stare at you, dont think its because your hot **** rolling on dubs, because 90% of the time it will be to turn around and say something about how stupid you are or how ridiculous it looks.
Old 09-27-2003 | 01:03 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Having your wheels stick out from the fender is not only stupid looking but also illegal.
Old 09-27-2003 | 06:34 AM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by Lawaia
Having your wheels stick out from the fender is not only stupid looking but also illegal.
How can it be illegal if they sell wheel spacers. u must be thinking sticking out like 6" or so, i'm talking about sticking out no more than .25-.5 of an inch. Like I said look at a RS 4 audi, or a M3.
Old 09-27-2003 | 09:50 AM
Banned

How can it be illegal if they sell wheel spacers. u must be thinking sticking out like 6" or so, i'm talking about sticking out no more than .25-.5 of an inch. Like I said look at a RS 4 audi, or a M3.
dude, reading comprehension owns you. no car comes with the wheels sticking out stock. period. that includes the audi rs4 and the m3. i already pointed that out to u in my previous post. one resaon they sell wheel spacers is for big brake kits. they need more clearance, and just because u put on a wheel spacer doesnt mean the wheel is going to stick out passed the fender. regardless of how much they stick out, a) it will rub no matter what, even if you dont lower your car. one day ur gonna load up the car or take a really hard turn or theres gonna be an awkward bump on the road and your gonna rub. b) whether it be half an inch or 6 inches, its illegal (whether they enforce it or not is a different story).

man some people are ignorant. its like if i put an orange right infront of your face and told you the color is orange and u keep disagreeing even though the evidence is right there.
Old 09-27-2003 | 12:26 PM
Cruisin'

Yo I agree with u, stop thinking all techinical.

Just plain and simple then: the closer the wheel to the fender (not vertical) but width wise, the better it looks, to me of course, that's all I mean. U thinking too technical, but i've seen many cars besides mine that has the wheels stick out pass the fender, after lowering it, and using the camber kit to correct the alignment, that alone will straighten your wheels out and 9 out of 10 times will make them go pass the fender, unless of course u got something like 18x7 or something wack like that. I was refering to the Audi and the M3, because stock wise those cars have wheels real close to the fender. Now I understand with 20's and maybe even 19's u may have a bigger problem on your hand, but I wasn't getting all technical because everyone knows that ur offset has to be on point, I'm just talking about the look.

PS: alot of people buy wheel spacers for the look, I understand that it maybe used for cars and brake clearance issues, but thats not the only reason its made, it does make the car wider, hence better handling. But I think alot of people buy it for looks, kinda like spoilers, or white people wearing wave caps/ durags.

O yeah, y'all dudes need to stop trying diss people u don't know, anyone can be a gangsta on the web.
Old 09-27-2003 | 03:08 PM
GO SEMINOLES!!!

when TLs' have low offset rims as in 45offset, the rims will stick out in the front if the car does not have a drop; as you lower the car, the camber goes neg and that will cause the rims to tuck under the fender.

sundance tl
i like that paint job...

on a side-note, my opinion is that a TL with 20s is nice and there are alot more 20s that fit the TL then one would think. there are so many people on this board who will swear that they know what they're talking about without even having rims or rims that are bigger and has a lower offset. honestly, if someone wanted 20s or wide rims, or a lower offset, i would suggest going to a rim shop and try sh*t out. i would also try to keep in mind that lowering your car will tuck your rims. It's your car, if you want things done right do it yourself, and listen but don't believe everything you hear.
Old 09-27-2003 | 03:49 PM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by Blazin TL
when TLs' have low offset rims as in 45offset, the rims will stick out in the front if the car does not have a drop; as you lower the car, the camber goes neg and that will cause the rims to tuck under the fender.

sundance tl
i like that paint job...

on a side-note, my opinion is that a TL with 20s is nice and there are alot more 20s that fit the TL then one would think. there are so many people on this board who will swear that they know what they're talking about without even having rims or rims that are bigger and has a lower offset. honestly, if someone wanted 20s or wide rims, or a lower offset, i would suggest going to a rim shop and try sh*t out. i would also try to keep in mind that lowering your car will tuck your rims. It's your car, if you want things done right do it yourself, and listen but don't believe everything you hear.
THank you. that's all i was trying to point out, and my galant has a 45 offset and as i lowered it, it went negative so i needed a camber kit to correct it.......thus wheels that stick out, and fortunately I never rubbed.
Old 09-28-2003 | 04:13 AM
Moderator Alumnus

So just because it's sold that makes it legal? And you would use them if they were a bit safer (according to your earlier post) Now is it making sense to you...all in a non-technical manner.
Old 09-28-2003 | 07:44 AM
Banned

theres obviously no way to talk sense into these guys. the tl wasnt designed to fit some ghetto a$$ 20's. you wanna do it, thn go ahead. but be prepared to fill your tank of gas sooner, save money to replace your brakes often and enjoy the lack of performance.
Old 09-28-2003 | 10:14 AM
Racer

:lol2: x alot at this thread
Old 09-28-2003 | 11:32 AM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by Lawaia
So just because it's sold that makes it legal? And you would use them if they were a bit safer (according to your earlier post) Now is it making sense to you...all in a non-technical manner.
first of all what are u talking about. ok 1 c'mon now if it was illegal a reputable company such as H&R wouldn't be selling it, but thats besides the point I understand that u can buy mad illegal stuff for ur car. i've been told that they're not good on your axles because it increases the pressure on them, kinda like if u extended ur arms it would be easier to carry weight closer to your body, and as u go out toward your fingers the same weight puts more strain on your arms. agree? later.
Old 09-28-2003 | 11:40 AM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by str8acura
theres obviously no way to talk sense into these guys. the tl wasnt designed to fit some ghetto a$$ 20's. you wanna do it, thn go ahead. but be prepared to fill your tank of gas sooner, save money to replace your brakes often and enjoy the lack of performance.
yo thats not what the discussions about, everyone knows as u increase the size of your wheel on your car it decrease the performance, thats not what I'm saying, all I'm saying is that to me it looks better. there's very few cars that are made that can handle 20's without any problems, 7 series BMW, Prowler (the rear wheels) and there are others.

Me for one I live in CT 19's or 20's doesn't matter cause it will only be on for the summer, about 3-4 months. But I most likely get 19's just because its cheaper and less strain on the ride. Just curious do u have rims and what size, and are u lowered.

Read this post: http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...threadid=62445
Old 09-28-2003 | 02:56 PM
GO SEMINOLES!!!

Originally posted by str8acura
not neccessarily, i have 19*8.5 chrome rims that weigh 24lbs. i'm not sure how much the stock rims weigh but 24lbs for after market rims is not that bad at all...
Old 09-29-2003 | 12:39 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Blazin TL

sundance tl
i like that paint job...
[/B]

Thanks dude!
Old 09-29-2003 | 11:45 PM
Advanced

I think they look better when they stick out some. I think they look way better u see a car coming with the wheels sticking out. Picture the Audi or the M3 and M5.
Like this? http://www.rpi-equipped.com/riegerindex.htm

They gotta be rubbing.
Old 09-30-2003 | 09:20 PM
Cruisin'

:wow:
Old 09-30-2003 | 09:23 PM
Cruisin'

Tell me that doesn't LOOK hot , now if it rubs thats another thing. But it doesn't have to because thats how my 00' galant looked (some of them are ridiculous though) and it never rubbed. But it looks good though right?

Some of them definetly have to rub especially that audi at the bottom.:wow:
Old 10-02-2003 | 01:29 PM
1st Gear

whatever happened to those pix???!!!!!
Old 10-04-2003 | 01:57 AM
I'M Rich Beeyoch!

Originally posted by sharp96accord
whatever happened to those pix???!!!!!

:banghead: get the dam pix up and lets see!!!!
Old 10-24-2003 | 10:14 AM
Intermediate

pictures...finally!!!!

Finally got pictures, let me know what you think.
Old 10-24-2003 | 10:16 AM
Intermediate

Another
Old 10-24-2003 | 10:17 AM
Intermediate

here
Old 10-24-2003 | 10:20 AM
Intermediate

lastly
Old 10-24-2003 | 10:26 AM
Cruisin'

Yo those are hot, listen I 'm not a fan of chrome but I love the design and the way if fits the car, dropped or not. ROCK ON.
Old 10-24-2003 | 10:33 AM
Intermediate

Thanks, I appreciate it. I was not sure how it was going to look without a drop but I was happily surprised. I am actually selling the rims, anyone interested check for sale forum.
Old 10-24-2003 | 01:29 PM
GO SEMINOLES!!!

nice, just need to drop the front...
Old 10-24-2003 | 01:40 PM
Racer

oh my goodness it looks worse than i thought
Old 10-24-2003 | 02:35 PM
I'M Rich Beeyoch!

did somebody yell 4 x 4!!!
Old 10-24-2003 | 02:45 PM
Banned

wow, that is worse than i thought. lol... i wonder why he is selling them. i wouldn't of bought them in the first place.
Old 10-24-2003 | 05:24 PM
Instructor

I like it alot, I think that the front should be a little lower But overall, I like it.

BTW, people should keep their rude comments to themself
Old 10-24-2003 | 05:32 PM
Banned

its not a rude comment... its an opinion... if you dont want an opinion... dont post.
Old 10-24-2003 | 06:35 PM
Pro

lol now thats damn ugly. what were you thinking. i think someone lied to you homeboy. and you root that ugly ass orange color on a TL is hurt. now i gotta ask you what you were thinking painting it that color riceboy. someone had to have lied to your a$$$$$$. sorry buddy but your car is ugly.
Old 10-25-2003 | 02:46 PM
Racer

I dont like it........ but to each his own
Old 10-25-2003 | 03:12 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by car_lost
its not a rude comment... its an opinion... if you dont want an opinion... dont post.

a rude opinion.....
Old 10-25-2003 | 03:15 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by ANDYTRAN
lol now thats damn ugly. what were you thinking. i think someone lied to you homeboy. and you root that ugly ass orange color on a TL is hurt. now i gotta ask you what you were thinking painting it that color riceboy. someone had to have lied to your a$$$$$$. sorry buddy but your car is ugly.

Im sorry that you dont like it...........