2008 TL Stock Everything Mod Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 09:41 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 TL Stock Everything Mod Help

i am getting my father's 2008 Acura TL when he leaves the country within the next month. It has 140000 miles, automatic transmission and stock everything. I have a complete audio system in my car as of right now that I will be putting into it day one. I want to drop it as low as possible without having a horrible ride because it will be my daily/ commuter and also add some rims. Am curious if the weight of subs in the trunk affect a lowered car. I am looking for gold rims as I like the contrast with the pearl white of my soon to be TL. I am open to other colors but only really like rims that feature plenty of "spokes." I apologize as I am not the most car savvy but do appreciate their beauty. I am also looking to get an exhaust but believe that Is for a different forum. Hope to hear your suggestions and money does make a difference because my budget for rims, coilovers/lowering springs, and install is at most 2k. I also am curious of the difference of coilovers and lowering springs.

l like these but am sure of quality, reliability etc.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:16 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
hello!
you told us your dreams and aspirations for the car, with no real questions...
sooo, go git-R-Done.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:41 AM
Andrew

Received 532 Likes on 314 Posts
Tein will probably be your solution for suspension, but I'll let the other guys advise you on the exact series to get.

Just remember that dropping is no problem, the problem starts with low offset wheels. So if you choose a wheel that's a +38, +40, +45 you can do pretty much whatever you want with very little to no work at all. Want +15? That's where your issues start.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:57 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am looking for opinions on a setup. I'd rather buy springs/coils and rims to bring into a shop rather than buy what the shop has. I want to know the average cost of labor to install both. Also recommendations on what is too low because I will be commuting but want the slammed life. Also I don't even understand offset and all of that. Would love an explanation and what I have to know before I bring my car into the shop. Thanks again!
Old 03-21-2017, 10:23 AM
Andrew

Received 532 Likes on 314 Posts
You have 2 posts and are asking questions that are difficult to answer. One at a time sir. How about do some searches, learn a little bit, understand the language, then ask questions for things you can't figure out. No one is just going to be able to answer every question you have, nor will they want to. You must be a Millennial.
The following users liked this post:
Jackass (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 12:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 191 Likes on 174 Posts
At the age of 25, you'll stop lowering cars. It's just not worth the troubles.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:21 PM
Drifting

Received 591 Likes on 441 Posts
You are going to get answers that are all over the place with such generic open-ended questions. Prices....well...that depends on the local labor rates, quality of shop, and such...just have to call around and get estimates/quotes. How low is too low? Again...that completely depends on the individual. Some say, put it on the ground...some say leave it be. All depends on what you are willing to compromise on. Drop an inch and probably won't have much impact on anything. Drop 2-3", ride will probably suffer, have to worry about ground clearance, additional wear and tear, but it will look great! All depends on what you want, the extra hassles you want, and the look you are after.

I never lowered my TL since I wanted zero impact to ride quality. I lowered two previous cars 1.5" and loved them....but I was also in my 20s and was OK with the less than stellar ride quality that brought with it. No longer willing to compromise on that.

As for offset....well....yeah...not something I know that much about either. Read up...plenty of great info on this to be found on this site as well as others explaining it all.
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (03-25-2017)
Old 03-25-2017, 08:17 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
it also takes YEARS to learn.

why rush and buy shit that you dont even understand!???