05 tl on 20s 8.5 front 9.5 rear axis vips

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 03:24 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
btw if any one is looking for a good deal on any axis wheels call steve at axis and tell him you got refered by my friend brian at industral raditor in palmdale(my friend i got the wheels thru,hes sponered by them)he will get you a great deal
the website is axiswheels.com

hope this can help some one ,mine friend asked me to do this for him,
mike
sorry for the bad spelling / i hate typing
Old 04-28-2005, 10:18 AM
Reppin' for tha DPG

Originally Posted by acura101west
thanks for the great replys,glad most people like them
havent checked on offset sorry forgot,
will post more pics tomorrow with better angles

No prob
Old 04-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Powered by Guinness

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Twenties
Looks mean and clean. I believe you're right, if you are only staggering the wheel the tire size width will be about the same regardless, so it wouldn't increase understeer. Most people aren't intelligent enough to make this distinction or even come up with this fitment.
This is not a factual statement. The dimensions of a tire are dictated by the size of the rim it is mounted on. Mounting the same tire on a wider rim will result in a wider section width - an effectively wider tire. Don't take my word for it. Call a tire manufacturer and ask them - that's why they list the width of the wheel that the tire was measured on in their specs.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:17 PM
Powered by Guinness

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great looking wheels - and they look good on the car. I'm not crazy about the offset either, but it seems to be the current fashion. It sounds like you knew what you were getting into and you got what you wanted - which is what's important.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:14 PM
Instructor

and so people can understand better,
with 8.5 front and 9.5 rear with same tire size,,yes rear is about half inch wider cause of the streaching,,,that wont change any thing in steering
my comptech swaybar changed things more then any of this,
and also vw people have been doing this for years,
axis recemended it to me this way,wit bling bling lip in rear
Old 04-28-2005, 07:50 PM
Automobile Aficionado

Originally Posted by acura101west
and so people can understand better,
with 8.5 front and 9.5 rear with same tire size,,yes rear is about half inch wider cause of the streaching,,,that wont change any thing in steering
my comptech swaybar changed things more then any of this,
and also vw people have been doing this for years,
axis recemended it to me this way,wit bling bling lip in rear

Per Michelin, a tire's section width incr. 0.2" (5mm) for 1/2" wider wheel.

So a 245/35-20 on a 8.5" rim = 9.8"section width;
whereas the same tire on a 9.5" rim =10.2" section width.
As Acura101 said this is about half an inch.

For reference a 255/35 tire also has a section width of 10.2" (on a recommended 9" wheel). So, technically, yes the staggered wheel is stretching the rear tire to the equivalent of a "255" while the front is a 245.

I don't know if that is enough to increase "feel-able" understeer. That was my point, it is not like he is running a 275/30-20 in the rear (11" section width), a mere 10mm more is rarely considered, most people with RWDs do 30mm more to make a difference in oversteer.

http://www.michelinman.com/assets/pd...otsportps2.pdf
Old 05-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Intermediate

update with offsets...

thanks,
Old 05-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Intermediate

You guys are both idiots.

The kid does actually write way better than you. He is incorrect when he states that grammar (notice the spelling of grammar) is the same as spelling. Grammar refers to correct sentence structure and the study of how words combine to form sentences. Spelling is simply something that both of you do not understand. By the way the Silver Sultan approves of the Silver TL. I would spend the extra $20K to go rear wheel drive though.

Word out sucka's.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:20 PM
Team Nighthawk Director

Originally Posted by AcuraGT-3
I don't know whats worse, the idiots who put staggered wheels on FWD or the idiots who support this crap.

To each their own. If you don't have something nice to say, keep it to yourself.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:45 PM
Brother Sum

Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
I still don't get the fascination with putting a wider rear wheel/tire combination on a front wheel drive car.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by jtow

Originally Posted by J RIDE 81
To each their own. If you don't have something nice to say, keep it to yourself.
This is a FORUM, if you can't handle people stating their opinions, don't post or POST PICS, especially something that is WRONG.
THE RWD RIGHT WAY

The FWD :gheylaugh: :gheyfight: WRONG way

Old 05-17-2005, 01:44 PM
Racer

wow you 3G guys are really hostile. First off in a forum all opinions are welcome so people need to learn how to deal with them, but also an opinion should have some respect in it , either your cars hot or its ugly i dont like it is as far as an opinion should go, acura101 west rims are nice i just got back from LA and the new style over there is black rims with the polished lip, looks sick, i dont neccessarily agree with the staggered set up and viper width tires but hey its not bothering me any, as for the genious that said black rims are for performance cars only, did you ever think that maybe some people are tired of seeing the same silver and chrome on every car around town and want to be different? you dont have to like it but regardless acura101west car will turn heads. Taxi you are welcome to comment on peoples cars but none of that ill get my friends to kick your ass shit, if you want to talk the talk then you back it up yourself or keep your mouth shut. This isnt high school, regardless of age if anyone is here to start trouble get the fuck out and go join fight club or something , this forum is to bring car fans together not so they can meet at the playground at 3pm and fight. you all need to learn constructive criticism and stop talking shit, no mattoer how nice or ugly someones ride is they still put the time and effort into something they take pride in. Just like girlfriends i sure as hell know everyone here is not dating a model would u want someone telling you that your girls ugly? i think not, you care about your girl and your car the same people take pride in there shit so you dont have to approve but dont be so quick to say off the wall shit. Internet thugs are the new beer muscles. chill out and enjoy looking at some peoples cars with common interests.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:21 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by AcuraTl203
wow you 3G guys are really hostile. First off in a forum all opinions are welcome so people need to learn how to deal with them, but also an opinion should have some respect in it , either your cars hot or its ugly i dont like it is as far as an opinion should go, acura101 west rims are nice i just got back from LA and the new style over there is black rims with the polished lip, looks sick, i dont neccessarily agree with the staggered set up and viper width tires but hey its not bothering me any, as for the genious that said black rims are for performance cars only, did you ever think that maybe some people are tired of seeing the same silver and chrome on every car around town and want to be different? you dont have to like it but regardless acura101west car will turn heads. Taxi you are welcome to comment on peoples cars but none of that ill get my friends to kick your ass shit, if you want to talk the talk then you back it up yourself or keep your mouth shut. This isnt high school, regardless of age if anyone is here to start trouble get the fuck out and go join fight club or something , this forum is to bring car fans together not so they can meet at the playground at 3pm and fight. you all need to learn constructive criticism and stop talking shit, no mattoer how nice or ugly someones ride is they still put the time and effort into something they take pride in. Just like girlfriends i sure as hell know everyone here is not dating a model would u want someone telling you that your girls ugly? i think not, you care about your girl and your car the same people take pride in there shit so you dont have to approve but dont be so quick to say off the wall shit. Internet thugs are the new beer muscles. chill out and enjoy looking at some peoples cars with common interests.

BRAVO!
Old 06-03-2005, 02:02 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts

WTF?!?!?! Why is there a set of Devotions on a G35?

I know, they're not REALLY Devotions, but they look damn similar...
Old 06-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Oh yeah, I dig the VIP's. I looked at them when they first came out. I didn't get them because I don't like black wheels (or gun metal, or any other dark color for that matter) on cars. However, as long as the style is nice (as the VIP's are), I can appreciate them, no matter the color.