05 A-spec 6-spd wearing out inner tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 11:15 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 A-spec 6-spd wearing out inner tires

I recently purchased a 2005 Acura TL A-spec 6spd with Navi black on black with the comptech cat back exhaust and short shifter. The car just hit 3000 miles. I was having the oil changed and noticed that the inner tires were extremely worn out. After arguing with two dealers to warranty not only the tires but also the alignment and balancing good for 12 month 12K miles they laughed. I called Acura Customer Service and they originally agreed to replace all 4 tires and do the alignment and rotation. They measured the tread depth at 4/32nds front and 5/32nds rear. they now only wanted to pay to replace the front tires. Now all the problems started. They called me and told me that they could not get my car to align within factory specs. All body panels had the Vin tag on them and no signs of paint or frame damage repair. They decided to replace the rear control arms on both sides. They also added clip on weights to the outside of one of my rims. When she called and told me that my car was ready and that they had to add weights to the outside of my rims I about freaked. I asked her if she knew what the MI winter salt would do to this rim if I had the rim rebalanced and the weight was removed as well as all my paint. she assured me that they did NOT use clip on weights. When I arrived at the dealership after hours I found my car at the far back of the lot which I thought was very odd. Low and behold they removed the clip on weights as well as all the paint around the edge of my 18 in A-Spec rims. The genious technician used what looked like a sharpie marker to rectify his new found problem. I of course noticed this and decided to leave my car there and also leave a pretty horrible message. I called them today and they said that they have a mobile guy that repairs paint out of his van. I laughed and said if I can notice the difference in the paint than they need to replace the rim. Oh I left off all 4 rims were custom painted to match the dark gray trim on the Aspec -front and rear bumpers. I have no idea how hard it will be to match this custom paint color. I am also experienceing the dreaded third gear notchiness as well as popping out of gear. I am scared to bring this problem up too. Thanks for aloowing me to get this off of my chest. I am furious. I had the car detailed and brought it to the service writers attention that the rims were custom painted and to not on the work order DO NOT SCRATCH CUSTOMERS RIMS. Luckily they noted the before condition of my rims. I wonder if Picasso the technician will be repremanded for trying to hide his screw up???
Old 06-12-2006, 11:27 PM
acura-cl.com OG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, sounds like a horror story. What it sounds like to me is that if the car has the a-spec suspension, it was not properly aligned. The camber is supposed to be adjusted to accomodate for the lowering and if not done, or done properly say goodbye to your tires. The yoko es100's are soo soft to begin with, the bad camber/alignment goes through them like butter. Just my
BTW, if this was the case, your rear tires on the inside lip should be much more worn down than any other section on any other tire.