Are you happy with your dealer?warrenty fixes ect......

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 05:04 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you happy with your dealer?warrenty fixes ect......

I have been going through the threads and I haven't seen as many positive comments compared to negative about the dealers. Are there people out there that has positive feed back fixing your problem in a curtious manner? I love the product but WELL NEVER BUY ANOTHER NEW ONE AGAIN unless somthing changes with the customer service.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have not been back to the dealers, and doubt I will ever go back, unless my car has some sort of serious failure (that would be unusual on the TL).

The sales sucked at the dealer we got the car at, but another dealer was a lot better, just did not have the car we wanted.

I think some people expect to much from the dealers, but then I tend to feel that way after the VW dealers I got my passat from, now that was BAD!

Brett
Old 12-28-2005, 10:59 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Tloc05
I have been going through the threads and I haven't seen as many positive comments compared to negative about the dealers. Are there people out there that has positive feed back fixing your problem in a curtious manner? I love the product but WELL NEVER BUY ANOTHER NEW ONE AGAIN unless something changes with the customer service.
Remember, this is the internet. Generally speaking, satisfied, happy customers of any product don't take the time or make the effort to cruise the internet forums simply to state their satisfaction. All too often, the internet has become a venue for bitching, whining and moaning by a small segment of society. This will always skew things to the negative.

Of course there are good (and great) dealer experiences out there, happening every day. The average satisfied, happy Acura customer just doesn't take the time or have the "need" to search out an internet forum and share their positive experience. I, for one, have two outstanding dealerships in my area, with courteous personnel and exceptional service departments. I had a pleasant purchase experience and have never been less than completely satisified when dealing with these dealerships. In fact, just yesterday I gave both my Acura service writer and favorite technician $10.00 Starbuck's gift cards!

In short, I have always been treated as a customer of an "upscale" automobile would expect to be treated, and I am very particular.

One last comment (not directed towards you). When dealing with people, be it car dealerships or life in general, you generally get what you give. Translation: You'll get treated with a higher level of repect when you treat people in the same manner. Act like an arrogant a-hole and you generally get treated accordingly. Treat people with respect and you generally get treated the same in return.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Cruisin'

Nope...not happy

My one and only experience with Acura service can be described simply as poor.

I made the appointment two weeks in advance using the online service appointment scheduler. I needed my first oil change, a horrible dash rattle fixed and the third brake light cover replaced due to wrinkled fabric.

Well, I arrived at the dealership and and it went bad immediately. Yep, you guessed it. No record of my appointment, no loaner car available. Had to take a Enterprise rental (p.o.s Nissan but that's another story.) The sales manager told me when I bought the car that I would never drive anything but an Acura when getting service on my TL. More sales bs.

Well, they had my car from just after eight a.m. until about 5:45 p.m.

I have to assume they changed the oil. They certainly charged me for it.

They said they found and fixed the rattle in the dash. They didn't. It was just as bad as when I brought the car in. To make it worse, they scratched the center speaker grill in the process. My guess is they did nothing. How the grill got scratched is anybodys guess.

The third brake light cover had to be ordered. It has been two months and I still have not heard from them. They were also supposed to order a replacement speaker grill. Nothing yet.

I hate to say it, but I never got this kind of treament from a GM dealer. I drove nothing but GM's for the last 22 years (14 cars in total) and never was treated this poorly.

Honestly, I bought Acura this time because of their reputation. Guess I messed up.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:21 PM
Racer

No.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:32 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
happy with my warranty fixes after i found a good dealership. i only go to the dealer for warranty
Old 02-07-2006, 01:29 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm very happy with my current dealer.... Always get Acura loaners and the no issues with the work...