WTF - this sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTF - this sucks!

I'm down at my parents house today and ofcourse I park the car away due to the grandkids that come to visit. So I get ready to leave and I notice about 4 inches of a beer bottle (cap still attached - never opened) laying on my windshied wiper. I thought my brother had played a joke but he knows how I am about my vehicles so I ruled that out quickly. I got to looking around and approx. 20 feet from the car was parts of a busted bottle. All the way home I was trying to figure this out. It was getting dark and when I arrived, I pulled up in the carport and with the lights on and using a flashlight, I see this white area in the windshield like bird crap. I wiped it off with a damp cloth and seen it was beer. The sum bitchin bottle busted 20 feet away and projectiled itself right into my damn windsheild and now I have a chip in it. I'm hoping a windshield company can repair this. Its not pitted but you can feel the scratch. Just my damn luck. Ever noticed you just can't keep something nice no matter how hard you try?
Old 06-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,431 Posts
ouch, sorry to hear about that. The best advice that can be given about this is to fix it and keep on caring about it. It's your personal thing and you want it to be at it's best. Others will try to knock it down, its your responsibility to pick it back up and put it back up there.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Instructor

I'll see what I can come up with. Its a shame and I may be too picky. 07 w/ 7900 miles and I don't even drive it in the rain. Like I said, no matter how you try to take care of something, sh*t happens.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:35 PM
07typeS

I understand where your coming from. We went to the beach a few years back. I had just bought a new TSX (before trading for the TLS) and I was so careful on where I parked, kept it clean ect. and coming home, a rock cracked the windshield. I told my wife, it never fails! You can't have nothing nice without someone or something screwing it up.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,431 Posts
Originally Posted by mynewtls
I'll see what I can come up with. Its a shame and I may be too picky. 07 w/ 7900 miles and I don't even drive it in the rain. Like I said, no matter how you try to take care of something, sh*t happens.
Read post #2

Originally Posted by 07typeS
I understand where your coming from. We went to the beach a few years back. I had just bought a new TSX (before trading for the TLS) and I was so careful on where I parked, kept it clean ect. and coming home, a rock cracked the windshield. I told my wife, it never fails! You can't have nothing nice without someone or something screwing it up.
That is one of the worst things to happen, esp the windshield since repairing it can end up being a PITA, esp when dealing with an insurance company. The worst thing that happened to me was lending a car to a family member who I'll keep un-named.

I had just bought my BMW 760Li in December, sat for a month in the garage so I could properly wax it. After it was washed and waxed, I let them have it since they asked for it, and I couldn't refuse. I get it back with all 4 rims curbed, scuffs on the rear bumper, and 3 penny sized dents on the doors. That is the day my neighbors saw hell
Old 06-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Instructor

[quote=csmeance;10984612]Read post #2
quote]

Thats the plan.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:18 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
I let them have it since they asked for it, and I couldn't refuse. I get it back with all 4 rims curbed, scuffs on the rear bumper, and 3 penny sized dents on the doors. That is the day my neighbors saw hell
How about the next time they need to borrow the car?
Old 06-08-2009, 06:52 AM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
The last time I loaned my car out it was brought back on a tow truck. This was 20 years ago and I have never loaned my car out again since.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:40 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,842 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
Read post #2

That is one of the worst things to happen, esp the windshield since repairing it can end up being a PITA, esp when dealing with an insurance company. The worst thing that happened to me was lending a car to a family member who I'll keep un-named.

I had just bought my BMW 760Li in December, sat for a month in the garage so I could properly wax it. After it was washed and waxed, I let them have it since they asked for it, and I couldn't refuse. I get it back with all 4 rims curbed, scuffs on the rear bumper, and 3 penny sized dents on the doors. That is the day my neighbors saw hell

damn.. 760Li and you let someone drive it.. Family is first but if I think someone in the family is a shit driver they're definitely not getting the keys to a nice ride.. especially if I owned a big body 760Li. Who was it? father? mother? grandparent? wife?.. boy.. sorry to hear about that.

My mom owns a 745Li.. and it's a sweet car. It takes quite a lot to damage the bumper. Some lady in a hyundai hit my moms bumper and my mom ended up having scuffs on her bumper the other lady had about $2k in damage. When they got back did they ask you what the deafening beeping was? lol..