Window Regulator Swap with Window Stuck Up

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 11:38 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window Regulator Swap with Window Stuck Up

My front passenger window does not go down anymore. I can here the switch clicking but nothing else. I did have tint on it before, but had to get it removed. It did have some issues going up and down due to the tint before, but after removing it it still had some issues going up using the auto function that many others have mentioned before. Now it's just stuck in the up position. I'm thinking it's the regulator, but looking at how to swap out the regulator, the window has to come down about half way to remove the bolts. Anyone have an experience with taking out the regulator with the window stuck in the up position? Thanks! (I've tried the switch reset, and also applying some force to dislodge it while engaging the switch)
Old 05-19-2017, 09:06 AM
Safety Car

Received 993 Likes on 749 Posts
If you cut a cable would you be able to freely move it?
Old 05-20-2017, 12:02 AM

That's what I thought. Thinking of just taping the window and cutting the cable to get it to move. Was wondering if there might be something else besides the regulator?
Old 05-20-2017, 05:01 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Does the window *try* to move at all? Do you hear the electrical "click" sound when you operate the window switch?
Old 10-13-2017, 01:16 PM

Apologize for the thread resurrection (thought it was better than just making a new thread). The window doesn't try to move anymore. I do hear the electrical click when I operate the window switch, but never hear anything moving. I never heard a thud either from that side. Thinking now that the weather has cooled I'll probably go in and swap out the regulator assembly and clean the run channel out. Think the problem that caused it was tint. Previous owner had tint and that caused the auto up feature to work sporadically and pulling it down would be jonky too (it would go down then go back up, etc). They removed the tint and it left a ton of residue. It would work every so often at this point. Now it's just stuck. I've cleaned it out as best as I can without opening up the door panel, but I'm thinking the regulator didn't fall out, but the motor just burned from the resistance the tint and gunk has been putting on it. I'd like to retain the auto up function, best place for OEM parts? I've always ordered from AcuraPartsWarehouse for OEM stuff, is this pretty good to go with?
Old 10-13-2017, 01:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,612 Likes on 6,651 Posts
Yes or www.oemacuraparts.com or www.acuraoemparts.com