Weird problem with passenger rear door sensor

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Weird problem with passenger rear door sensor

First, my 06 tl thinks my rear passenger side door is open which causes my alarm to go off randomly all night and it drains my battery because my dome light continuously is on. So after some googling and searching I found thats its the sensor not coming into contact with door.It just started the other day with record low temperature here in philly. I figured that the cold air made the rubber contract which lost connection . I loosened the screw on the door for contact..No-go. I replaced the 7$ sensor myself and no-go. So the door open alert is on my dashboard all the time until........I put my seatbelt on.Yes, while my seatbelt is on their is no problem but with it off it acts like the door is open. So I have to leave my seatbelt clicked overnight so no alarm and no battery drain. What might cause something like this?
The following 2 users liked this post by jsmack27:
Ajs2893 (01-28-2020), monacm2 (05-21-2018)
Old 03-03-2014, 06:17 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jsmack27
First, my 06 tl thinks my rear passenger side door is open which causes my alarm to go off randomly all night and it drains my battery because my dome light continuously is on. So after some googling and searching I found thats its the sensor not coming into contact with door.It just started the other day with record low temperature here in philly. I figured that the cold air made the rubber contract which lost connection . I loosened the screw on the door for contact..No-go. I replaced the 7$ sensor myself and no-go. So the door open alert is on my dashboard all the time until........I put my seatbelt on.Yes, while my seatbelt is on their is no problem but with it off it acts like the door is open. So I have to leave my seatbelt clicked overnight so no alarm and no battery drain. What might cause something like this?
Hello, wondering if you were able to get this fixed and what you did to do so. I have a very similar problem (without the seat belt part). I know my door sensor is not bad as I have moved from one door to another. Something is wrong with the wiring or my fuse box or similar.
thanks
Old 10-26-2014, 04:43 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bwilliams
Hello, wondering if you were able to get this fixed and what you did to do so. I have a very similar problem (without the seat belt part). I know my door sensor is not bad as I have moved from one door to another. Something is wrong with the wiring or my fuse box or similar.
thanks
I have this same exact problem seat belt and all. Did you find a resolution? Or does anyone know how to fix this problem?
The following users liked this post:
JDM_GSR_131 (09-15-2019)
Old 10-31-2014, 01:56 PM
3rd Gear

Hi, what I found was that water was leaking into the fuse box from the front of the door jam area. There is a opening below the side mirror (drivers side) in the door jam where cables are run from the interior of the car to the door (seat memory, window controls, etc.). That opening is normally protected by a piece of plastic but mine continues to pop out after opening and closing the door a few times. I am sure I can buy a replacement for that plastic part but I just keep an eye out for it now..it is pops out I just pop it back in. Hope this helps.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:20 PM
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
im gonna say u have a bad fuse box..i had to diag the same issue at work a few weeks ago and it was the under dash fuse box...the r/r door switch circuit in the MICU(witch is contained inside the fuse box) shorted out...repalced fuse box and good to go
Old 12-03-2014, 09:06 AM
Cruisin'

Got before

I got this before and I gotta replace some module
It was the remote module or some something under the driver dash a box like uint
Old 12-03-2014, 09:08 AM
Cruisin'

Was a module that control the power lock and alermt
Old 08-29-2020, 12:13 AM
4th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I just had this problem today also but somehow the car fixed itself.

I have an 05 TL and It sprinkled today. After the rain went away I went to my car turned it on and said the rear passenger door was open even though it was closed. But when I opened/closed the driver door, nothing. It’s as if the driver door didn’t exist. I turned off the car and all interior lights stayed on cuz of this door problem. I went to check the sensors and it seemed be fine. And also when I put my seatbelt on all of the sudden the rear door indicator would go away and vice versa. I didn’t care so I just went to drive for an hour came back home, and it all the sudden fixed itself, the the rear door sensor was working again the lights turned off without my seatbelt having to be put on and everything. Just thought that was weird.