VSA and triangle/exclamation point.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 02:13 AM
Photovideographer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VSA and triangle/exclamation point.

Wrapping my head around this and I just can't figure out what the problem is.

Well, a month ago or so the vsa and triangle ! would come on rarely, and I started noticing that it would happen alot more frequent in 80+ weather usually. Then one day I noticed my left rear caliper/rotor was dissipating more heat than the other 3 were.. Not sure if that could be linked in any way.

Anyways, took the car to my friends shop. Using a normal obd2 scanner didn't pull any codes, then using one of their fancy ones I had pulled a few. One I noticed was the yaw sensor or whatever. Just for the hell of it I cleared the codes, start the car then immediately the triangle ! comes on right off the bat and doesn't go off, then a minute later the VSA light just comes on too. So we tried to pull the codes again and all I got was....

B1236 - An open in the passenger's air mix control motor circuit
B1238 - A problem in the passenger's air mix conotrol motor circuit, linkage, door, or motor.
B1702 - Display panel control unit error(EEPROM error)

And thats all that showed up in body/electrical for fault codes. Nothing came up for vsa or anything else.. Starting to think clearing the codes was a bad idea, but I figured maybe old codes were lingering on there from the previous owner or something.

Any help is appreciate. Would just be nice having working VSA and traction control again. Trying to keep my TL problem free! I know the vsa/traction is a common issue from what i've read by searching but havn't found a real definite answer.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 594 Likes on 457 Posts
Check the wheel speed sensors and connections. I hade one go bad and had similar warning lights
Old 10-06-2013, 03:51 AM
Photovideographer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pohljm
Check the wheel speed sensors and connections. I hade one go bad and had similar warning lights
Thanks for the recommendation. I havn't really dug too deep into this car, i've only owned it for two months and i'm still getting use to all the extra stuff it has compared to my simple obd2 01 Civic. I'll check the connections on them and see if any are loose or anything. It's just hard to diagnose since I don't really get any codes or any good start from where to go with this. I'd hate to just throw parts at it too.