VSA & ABS Lights On '08 Acura TL

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 12:41 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VSA & ABS Lights On '08 Acura TL

Hello Everyone, Im new to this forum just wondering if I can get some answers in regards to some recent issues with my 08 Acura TL w/ Nav.
Recently I got into an accident, Hit the Curb because some guy decided to cut me off and to avoid an accident with the other car I swerved and hit a high curve. My side curtain airbags and front passenger seat airbag deployed. My axle, control arm, and subframe were all broken. My insurance decline my repairs so I had to pay it all on my own. My car is running now but the VSA and ABS lights are still on, the mechanic who did my repairs couldnt figure out why. Also I feel that there is now something wrong with my suspension, everything i hit a minor bump or even take off its making cracking, squeeky noises on the front drivers side not quite sure if its the suspension in my car. And when I brake the front right wheel it also squeeks. I just want to go into the mechanic with some knowledge of what it might be. I already called the Acura dealer and they want to charge me $170 for just running a diagnostics. Any ideas on what it can be anybody?
Old 04-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 594 Likes on 457 Posts
Wow thats some insurance coverage you got there! It may be the wheel speed sensor is damaged. I had one go bad and had the same warning lights. Not sure whats up with your suspension though
Old 04-12-2012, 03:00 PM

Received 16,265 Likes on 11,974 Posts
who is your insurance, so we can avoid them.

i hit a curb and damaged both front and rear subframe, cracked transmission case, bent radiator support, broke front bumper, damaged rear cross member, and some other things.
I incurred $14k in damages.

you most likely bent and damaged MORE than what you have repaired already. probably why the car isnt driving correctly.

I'm glad my insurance picked up this $14k bill.

the only advice i can give you, is to head to a mechanic that can TEAR down the car completely.
REPLACE everything that is bent or broken.
get it on a frame alignment.
then get it on a wheel alignment.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:43 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah tell me about it, I had Mercury but I switch to progressive now, Hopefully they would be alot better... Thanks for the info... I do feel like my rear subframe might be cracked or bent. The mechanic who fixed my car did do the frame alignment and the wheel alignment but its still squeeking. Thinking of going to a different mechanic just dont trust how well this mechanic is repairing my car.... Another question.. Does anyone know whats the best place to have my airbags fixed or replaced?
Old 04-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Pro

Received 137 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by AdamAA
Yeah tell me about it, I had Mercury but I switch to progressive now, Hopefully they would be alot better... Thanks for the info... I do feel like my rear subframe might be cracked or bent. The mechanic who fixed my car did do the frame alignment and the wheel alignment but its still squeeking. Thinking of going to a different mechanic just dont trust how well this mechanic is repairing my car.... Another question.. Does anyone know whats the best place to have my airbags fixed or replaced?
An authorized body shop/collision center... that's where you should have gone first.