Vehicle damage by Dealer's Service Department...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 06:07 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Vehicle damage by Dealer's Service Department...

Originally, i took my 05 TL in for rattles (i cannot fix these my self because they need to order new parts) and scratches my dealer managed to put in the rear seat and inside the rear passenger door frame (deep, requires repaint).

So my dealer called me today, telling me how they managed to put a scratch on my front passenger door which now needs addressed by them and this will delay my vehicle from being fixed for another week.... Mind boggling since the problems they are suppose to be fixing were NO WHERE NEAR my passenger door...

What in the world is going on here? I've had better service at Hyundai dealerships.

What are my options? You'd think by paying over 3 times as much for an Acura, you'd get more competent techs working on these cars... maybe i should've taken it to a Hyundai dealership and probably gotten better service.

Anyone else have had luck getting their issues fixed by dealers and NOT putting scratches in it?!
Old 12-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
Cars get parked close together, toolboxes get moved around, stuff falls of shelfs,any number of things could have contacted your car several feet away from where you think they were working.
Be grateful they copped to the accident and are repairing the damage. They will probably buff the whole car out to make the paint match too! A 200 $ value!
If its really putting you out, ask for a loaner car.
Wednesday is day 3 of my car in the shop still trying to duplicate the transmission probs so they can order my new one, no loaner yet, but as soon as they can see the prob, a nice car will be provided.

As for competent people, I agree, good workers are hard to find....everywhere in the world

How much you paid for a car has NO relation to the skill of the dealers staff. The really good people get scooped up and the rest are mainly the end product of the public school system.