Turn signal lock up!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 02:02 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Turn signal lock up!!

I did a search and could not find any posts.

Today without any previous problems (with this issue - already had the temp flatline problems fixed at the dealer a few months ago) my 05 AT Navi's turn signals stopped working. The right turn signal lights (led's) front and back went solid (i.e. not blinking) and stayed on solid even after the ignition key was removed.

When the car was running they stayed on and using the turn signals or the emergency blinkers did not work. I called my dealer who did not know what the problem could be and made an appointment for monday morning.

Of course sure enough a few hours later went for a drive, got in the car with the right turn signal still on solid and the problem misteriously went away. Coincidentally I had my digicam with me and took a few photos with the car and the right side blinkers on solid so I know I am not delusional nor have I been drinking

In addition to wondering if anyone else had encountered this problem I was going to ask if the lights would drain the battery by monday am. Since they are led's I guess the battery would last til then.

I still have an appointment for monday but if the problem does not return by saturday morning I am better off cancelling since do not think they will be able to figure anything out if the problem is no longer "visible"

So, anybody ever have this happen?

Dumont
www.pbase.com/dumont
Old 12-07-2005, 08:53 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Turn signal problem

Well I took the car to the dealer monday morning and it's still there...

I am driving around in a crappy Malibu (it's starts sucking just by its name alone!)
Actually the ride is pretty smooth for a 4 banger (not fast, just smooth in the noise, vibration, harshness dept) but the interior is very sucky. Cheap looking plastics. Maybe this is a very lowly version but assuming the more expensive ones have pretty much the same dash GM could improve on the looks and have a decent fighter against the asian imports.

But none the less it still has some item we don't on our entry level "luxury" TL's

-remote starter
-radio with RDS that stays on until the the door is opened
-a fob remote that can lock the car from far away (it is so ridiculous that if you forget to lock your TL you have to go back closer to lock it)
-auto on and off headlights

Anyway - nobody has had this problem??? I don't know if the dealer found the problem or just swapping the turn signal electronics just to be safe.

Dumont
www.pbase.com/dumont
Old 12-08-2005, 08:52 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Turn Signal problem

Well picked up the car after 2 days and they figured out nothing

If it happens again I guess no choice but to just take it straight to the dealer...

Dumont
Old 12-08-2005, 08:48 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
My turn signal on but not blinking experience with older cars usually meant a bad flasher. In your case, it sounds like an intermittent wire connection, the toughest electrical problem to find.

Good Luck !
Old 04-20-2006, 11:04 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Bump! Because yesterday it happened again. Right turn signal lit solid (even with key removed and car locked with fob). Took the car straight to dealership this time to show them I am not crazy. They kept the car overnight and gave me a TSX loaner. Per telcons doesn't sound like they can figure out why this is happening. Problem went away on it's own while at the dealership. I guess if it happens again they will have to replace the whole turn signal mechanisms/electronics. That or give me a new car :-)

Nobody else experiencing this problem??

Brgds
Darren (aka Dumont)