Transmission issues?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 06:17 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission issues?

So my transmission has been shifting smooth and without issue for the past year since I purchased it. I replaced pressure switches as a precaution when I got it a year ago. As well as the filter and the 3x3 "flush"

suddenly when my trans went to shift from 1 to 2 I lost power to shifting. The car when sitting for awhile will go into drive and reverse but when it gets warmed up it acts like it's in neutral.

no cel codes at all... I am thinking complete overhaul but wanted to hear from the community first. What do you guys think?

Last edited by kevinbjohns1; 11-01-2017 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 11-04-2017, 03:55 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sounds like a typical transmission failure. When you let the car sit for awhile the transmission fluid cools down and the failing components have enough friction between them to drive the car until it heats up and slips as if it is in neutral. The damage is done if it is slipping. How many miles did your oem transmission hold up? I bought my TL with a rebuilt trans @ 123k and i haven't had any issues with it after preventative maintenance. Good luck!
Old 11-06-2017, 12:49 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Waffeey
Sounds like a typical transmission failure. When you let the car sit for awhile the transmission fluid cools down and the failing components have enough friction between them to drive the car until it heats up and slips as if it is in neutral. The damage is done if it is slipping. How many miles did your oem transmission hold up? I bought my TL with a rebuilt trans @ 123k and i haven't had any issues with it after preventative maintenance. Good luck!
How much did it cost you to rebuild? You can ball park me, I got an indy mechanic. Also thought about doing the AV6 swap but every location in AR wants 1K to 1500 for a low mileage tranny.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:50 AM
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Mine just went out, too. It sucks. Thanks god I have connections and can get it done for around $1800 out the door. I'm also blessed to have a company car for work.