Transmission Electrical Issue, Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 11:54 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission Electrical Issue, Please Help!

So a couple of weeks ago my girlfriend (now ex-girlfriend) slammed my 2004 TL into Park on the highway at about 60mph. The car's Reverse gear was blown and the tranny only made a loud screeching noise and wouldn't move in reverse. Also a couple fuses would blow everytime I held the car in Reverse for more than 1 second. My buddy was going to replace the tranny with a used one for about 1500 until AAMCO (local transmission shop) agreed to do a rebuild for me at the same price after I got my diag done there. They admitted there were shorts in the wiring that they fixed by replacing wires (sounded like BS to me) but they did the rebuild and everything was fine. I test drove the car and everything really was fine and the fuses were not blowing when I put the car in reverse. The next day the same 2 fuses (gauges and power windows) blew out again when I put the car in Reverse. The shop will not fix this for me anymore because I only paid for a rebuild at a "great" price (even though they were supposed to fix everything). Does anyone have any thoughts or insight, given my situation, as to what could be causing this problem? Thank you, oh and NEVER use AAMCO!
Old 06-06-2012, 03:51 PM
6SPEED FEVER

Received 119 Likes on 97 Posts
Most of the time,to get your business they do it cheaper than what they usually charge,but it only hurts you in the end because they don't replace electrical parts of the tranny which could run you over 300 bucks more in parts alone.

In some situations,the electrical parts are good,so they rebuild the tranny and the person is on their way........
I would get whatever I need to get it fixed,try to work it out on how much more would it cost to replace those parts...
Hope everything works out for you