TL Type S. Nightmare Problems.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2019, 02:32 AM
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TL Type S. Nightmare Problems.

Idk where to begin, got my Acura TL type S 07, in the summer of 15. It is now 2019, I’ve had the car roughly 4 years. Every couple of months there’s a serious issue with this car...
got it at 60,000miles now it’s at 110,000.

The power steering pump had serious issues so I had to get it replaced. Luckily at the time I had warranty but the warranty company was so damn cheap they only used aftermarket parts. So now the power steering went out again. I know this cause it’s whining when I turn the wheel if I’m moving slow again.

4 mounts hold my engine. 2 of them are fine. 1 is broken and another 1 is cracked apparently.

Right tire rod needs to be fixed(replaced?)

Timing belt needs to be done.

I need new tires before winter and one of them went out and is currently on a spare.

If I don’t drive my car, and it remains parked for 3 days or longer (2 days in the winter, living in Chicago doesn’t help) my battery will flat out die. So yes if I don’t start my Acura every day I risk it dying on me. + the battery needs to be replaced about twice a year. Which is outrageous I don’t know anyone else who has this battery problem.

Also it’s happened where if I didn’t drive my car for a couple days my tire would go flat. One of them at least. I think I just need new tires.

There is is only one way to manually get INTO this car that I know of. And that’s turning the key physically to get in the car in the drivers side. There is only one key hole on this car and it’s on the drivers side. Well ladies and gents, that one keyhole is broken/damaged somehow. I don’t even know how but it is. Can’t turn the key, can’t get in.

I replaced the the batteries on both my key fobs. One of them is broken and the other works. So yes I can only get in with the one working key fob.

Currently I had to replace my cars tire with the spare. When I was done with that I hopped in my car, and tried to turn the key and the dash lights started flickering a lot. Car wouldn’t start. So I got out and couldn’t get a jump till the next day. And my worst nightmare happened. The next day I walk up to my car and wow The battery is dead and is not receiving the key fobs signal to get in. I. Can’t. Get. In. My. Car. Period. I can’t get in to pop the hood for the jump I need to get it moving.

I’m stuck help me. If anyone has any suggestion on how I can get rid of this dumpster wagon(I don’t mean any disrespect, this car has been giving me nothing but issues.) I’ll take any advice. I owe 9,000 on it and honestly I don’t think it’s worth keeping. So any help on how I can solve my issue, or get rid of my car I’m all ears!
Old 08-29-2019, 09:32 AM
Safety Car

Received 994 Likes on 750 Posts
Originally Posted by Matthew007
Idk where to begin, got my Acura TL type S 07, in the summer of 15. It is now 2019, I’ve had the car roughly 4 years. Every couple of months there’s a serious issue with this car...
got it at 60,000miles now it’s at 110,000.

The power steering pump had serious issues so I had to get it replaced. Luckily at the time I had warranty but the warranty company was so damn cheap they only used aftermarket parts. So now the power steering went out again. I know this cause it’s whining when I turn the wheel if I’m moving slow again.
Power steering pump has an o-ring that goes, so look into replacing that and it should be an easy fix. Will need to purge the PS after to remove all air bubbles that were introduced to the lines.

4 mounts hold my engine. 2 of them are fine. 1 is broken and another 1 is cracked apparently.
Mounts crack due to wear and tear, any car will have maintenance.

Right tire rod needs to be fixed(replaced?)
Wear and tear.

Timing belt needs to be done.
Wear and tear.

I need new tires before winter and one of them went out and is currently on a spare.
Wear and tear.

If I don’t drive my car, and it remains parked for 3 days or longer (2 days in the winter, living in Chicago doesn’t help) my battery will flat out die. So yes if I don’t start my Acura every day I risk it dying on me. + the battery needs to be replaced about twice a year. Which is outrageous I don’t know anyone else who has this battery problem.
Disconnect your Hand Free Link (HFL). There is probably the parasitic draw from it being a failed unit and will kill your battery in the matter of days. Should be good after disconnecting. I recommend replacing battery after disconnecting.

Also it’s happened where if I didn’t drive my car for a couple days my tire would go flat. One of them at least. I think I just need new tires.
Check for a nail or get the tire remounted. The bead could have corrosion causing a slow leak. Or just get new tires because you said you needed the before winter above.

There is is only one way to manually get INTO this car that I know of. And that’s turning the key physically to get in the car in the drivers side. There is only one key hole on this car and it’s on the drivers side. Well ladies and gents, that one keyhole is broken/damaged somehow. I don’t even know how but it is. Can’t turn the key, can’t get in.
Spray some WD40 in the key lock cylinder. Probably just some corrosion locking it up.

I replaced the the batteries on both my key fobs. One of them is broken and the other works. So yes I can only get in with the one working key fob.
What do you mean broken? Does it need to be re-synced?

Currently I had to replace my cars tire with the spare. When I was done with that I hopped in my car, and tried to turn the key and the dash lights started flickering a lot. Car wouldn’t start. So I got out and couldn’t get a jump till the next day. And my worst nightmare happened. The next day I walk up to my car and wow The battery is dead and is not receiving the key fobs signal to get in. I. Can’t. Get. In. My. Car. Period. I can’t get in to pop the hood for the jump I need to get it moving.
Very low battery will cause all sorts of weird electrical issues. Probably just a low battery in this case.

I’m stuck help me. If anyone has any suggestion on how I can get rid of this dumpster wagon(I don’t mean any disrespect, this car has been giving me nothing but issues.) I’ll take any advice. I owe 9,000 on it and honestly I don’t think it’s worth keeping. So any help on how I can solve my issue, or get rid of my car I’m all ears!
Replies in red above.

Last edited by BreezyTL; 08-29-2019 at 09:34 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by BreezyTL:
Matthew007 (08-30-2019), Midnight Mystery (08-30-2019)
Old 08-29-2019, 09:49 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
sounds like you're complaining of regular car maladies.
it's only a nightmare because it has compounded over time and now you need to shell out the big bucks or spend hours fixing them...
here's a tip; when something is broken, fix it...IMMEDIATELY...Lighter on your pocketbook/ also dont need to spend HOURS fixing it.

as you get older, you'll realize life is all about maintaining..
You gotta fix things, ALL the time. and if you dont fix them right away, you'll lose time and money.
This applies to all things in life...House, car, body/self, relationships, etc.

Last edited by justnspace; 08-29-2019 at 09:51 AM.
The following 6 users liked this post by justnspace:
frankjnjr (09-02-2019), Midnight Mystery (08-30-2019), nist7 (08-31-2019), redbeard1 (08-29-2019), ThatBlackTL (08-30-2019), TVL65 (08-30-2019) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-29-2019, 11:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,621 Likes on 6,659 Posts
i wouldn't call all of these "nightmare" issues.. it's called "Maintenance"
The following 6 users liked this post by thoiboi:
frankjnjr (09-02-2019), Midnight Mystery (08-30-2019), nist7 (08-31-2019), SaetypeS (08-29-2019), srg818 (09-07-2019), ThatBlackTL (08-30-2019) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-30-2019, 01:33 AM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got a 2005 and all of the most of the issues you have I did too! The good news is that you found the forum and they're pretty easy if you can handle a screwdriver or wrench. I would say that they fall under the "fun of owning a car" maintenance. Things break. It happens. If you learn to fix them yourself, you can save tons of money on labor.

Search Youtube for:
"Acura TL Power Steering Fix" < - will show you how to replace two old O rings, which is probably the power steering noise.
"Hfl removal for the Acura TL 04-08" <- will disconnect a faulty bluetooth module that is most likely the cause of the battery drain.

Timing Belt -> That's a standard maintenance at 105K miles. Spark plugs are also due.

Engine Mounts -> Also standard maintenance, how long they last depends on storage, weather, and driving habits.

Broken Keyfob -> Try cleaning the battery contacts with isopropyl alcohol. Fixed mine. If you have corrosion on the circuitboard, you can also try cleaning that and possible repairs with a circuit pen or solder. If the LED lights up with a button press, then it's working and just try a resync (youtube it).

Tires -> don't drive around on the spare. That's supposed to be emergency only. If it's leaking air, then it has a leak. If the treads are good - find and patch it ($20 from a garage, or you can buy a 5-use kit for $15), or as you say, get new tires.
The following 2 users liked this post by blueknigh7:
Matthew007 (08-30-2019), Midnight Mystery (08-30-2019)
Old 08-30-2019, 02:29 AM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
Your car sounds like a 2007 Acura TL to me!

All of that is normal. Start to address it by what is most pertinent first.

Do you have any pictures of the car, so we can see it's condition?
Old 08-30-2019, 07:07 AM
Latent car nut

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,407 Posts
I have to agree with everybody else, there is absolutely nothing nightmarish about your car, zip, zero, zilch, nada. The fact is, you're driving a 10+ year old car which needs plenty of care and feeding. Do that and it will last another ten years; if you don't have the desire to take care of the car, best you sell it now and buy a new car you can ignore for a while.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 127 Posts
How much you want for this nightmare? I'll buy it
The following users liked this post:
deebabe (09-11-2019)
Old 08-30-2019, 11:28 AM
Latent car nut

Originally Posted by 90foxnotch
LULz, I was thinking the same thing.
The following 2 users liked this post by horseshoez:
90foxnotch (08-30-2019), Midnight Mystery (08-30-2019)
Old 08-30-2019, 12:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 127 Posts
OP is this an auto or manual? If its a manual you definitely do not want those headaches-PM me a price I'll take it off your hands
Old 08-30-2019, 01:59 PM
Null and proud of it

Originally Posted by horseshoez
LULz, I was thinking the same thing.

Calling Ghost09TL..
Old 08-30-2019, 02:17 PM
Safety Car

Received 994 Likes on 750 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery
Calling Ghost09TL..
@GhostTL09
Midnight Mystery (08-30-2019)
Old 08-30-2019, 04:25 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by thoiboi
i wouldn't call all of these "nightmare" issues.. it's called "Maintenance"
Yeah I’d call you “helpful” on this forum but I’d rather call it “a forehead looking to throw shade on car forums” thanks for commenting!
Old 08-30-2019, 04:25 PM
7th Gear

OP is this an auto or manual? If its a manual you definitely do not want those headaches-PM me a price I'll take it off your hands
I don’t think you’d want it but I will pm you!
90foxnotch (09-04-2019)
Old 08-30-2019, 04:26 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by blueknigh7
I just got a 2005 and all of the most of the issues you have I did too! The good news is that you found the forum and they're pretty easy if you can handle a screwdriver or wrench. I would say that they fall under the "fun of owning a car" maintenance. Things break. It happens. If you learn to fix them yourself, you can save tons of money on labor.

Search Youtube for:
"Acura TL Power Steering Fix" < - will show you how to replace two old O rings, which is probably the power steering noise.
"Hfl removal for the Acura TL 04-08" <- will disconnect a faulty bluetooth module that is most likely the cause of the battery drain.

Timing Belt -> That's a standard maintenance at 105K miles. Spark plugs are also due.

Engine Mounts -> Also standard maintenance, how long they last depends on storage, weather, and driving habits.

Broken Keyfob -> Try cleaning the battery contacts with isopropyl alcohol. Fixed mine. If you have corrosion on the circuitboard, you can also try cleaning that and possible repairs with a circuit pen or solder. If the LED lights up with a button press, then it's working and just try a resync (youtube it).

Tires -> don't drive around on the spare. That's supposed to be emergency only. If it's leaking air, then it has a leak. If the treads are good - find and patch it ($20 from a garage, or you can buy a 5-use kit for $15), or as you say, get new tires.
Thank you mate
Old 08-30-2019, 04:31 PM
7th Gear

I have to agree with everybody else, there is absolutely nothing nightmarish about your car, zip, zero, zilch, nada. The fact is, you're driving a 10+ year old car which needs plenty of care and feeding. Do that and it will last another ten years; if you don't have the desire to take care of the car, best you sell it now and buy a new car you can ignore for a while.
I was a bit flustered when I posted this because of lot of these problems kinda happened in a two day period back to back. I shouldn’t have said nightmare but regarding my current situation in life it’s hard. Ik people have hard times all across the globe. And I take full responsibility for what my car is going through. But I’m simply not the guy that has a car problem and can go swipe my card and get the stuff I need. I’ve been on my own since I was 15. I should have done my research as I was looking for my first car purchase, but I didn’t and now I’m here trying to see what my next option is regarding my car.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:36 PM
Latent car nut

I was a bit flustered when I posted this because of lot of these problems kinda happened in a two day period back to back. I shouldn’t have said nightmare but regarding my current situation in life it’s hard. Ik people have hard times all across the globe. And I take full responsibility for what my car is going through. But I’m simply not the guy that has a car problem and can go swipe my card and get the stuff I need. I’ve been on my own since I was 15. I should have done my research as I was looking for my first car purchase, but I didn’t and now I’m here trying to see what my next option is regarding my car.
You may not want to hear this, but most likely your cheapest option, in the long run at least, is to bite the bullet and fix your car.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:37 PM
7th Gear

Your car sounds like a 2007 Acura TL to me!

All of that is normal. Start to address it by what is most pertinent first.

Do you have any pictures of the car, so we can see it's condition?
Thanks, yeah I can upload some photos when I’m free later np.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:38 PM
7th Gear

You may not want to hear this, but most likely your cheapest option, in the long run at least, is to bite the bullet and fix your car.
Not sure why I wouldn’t want to hear that, if that is most likely my cheapest option I’ll do what I can a.s.a.p to fix it. Thanks for the insight.
Old 08-30-2019, 08:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 651 Likes on 350 Posts
Huh...what.....TLC....nightmare? OP i can buy your car. Clean it, detail it, maintenance it and sell it back to you at a $2k premium in 60 days lol. You'll swear you bought a new car of your DREAMS!

But in all honesty you are the seller (nothing bad) that I buy my TLs from. Just don't want to do maintenance or clean. Just take your time. Fix everything 1x1 and and it'll get done. Address your engine mounts. Power steering is easy. But if you post it on craigslist I'm coming for it
Old 08-30-2019, 08:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Yeah I’d call you “helpful” on this forum but I’d rather call it “a forehead looking to throw shade on car forums” thanks for commenting!

Aww you're cute you'll fit in just fine here
Old 08-30-2019, 10:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BreezyTL
Seller "clean, maintenance up to date. Fluids recently changed. Just has dreaded dash crack, drives strong & shifts smoothe."

Me: $5300
Seller: 5800
Me: 5500
Seller: ok
Me: Azine got another one! lmao
Ghost you bought another one?
Me: Sold 7300. On to another one
Old 08-30-2019, 10:53 PM
Null and proud of it

Originally Posted by GhostTL09
Seller "clean, maintenance up to date. Fluids recently changed. Just has dreaded dash crack, drives strong & shifts smoothe."

Me: $5300
Seller: 5800
Me: 5500
Seller: ok
Me: Azine got another one! lmao
Ghost you bought another one?
Me: Sold 7300. On to another one
Lmao. You could start a business doing this.
Old 08-31-2019, 06:53 AM
Latent car nut

Lmao. You could start a business doing this.
Less than a $2,000 profit? Most folks couldn't survive on that, hell, it's not even a week's worth of income from a decent job.
Old 08-31-2019, 09:06 AM

those problems started way back when you drove the car for 4 years without doing any maintenance.
the problems have compounded over time. meaning, they get worse the more you drive...

the more you wait, the more time and money you waste.

Last edited by justnspace; 08-31-2019 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-31-2019, 09:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Less than a $2,000 profit? Most folks couldn't survive on that, hell, it's not even a week's worth of income from a decent job.
Well OP did say car has 110k miles so I would list more realistically at $8500 and start from there however It's not about a job or income lol. The point for me is how easy it can be to turn a profit for basically nothing because most vehicle owners feel anxiety about repairs and maintenance and sell cars cheap to not have to deal with it. If I flip 3 TL's a year and make $1500 per car at the end of the year that's $4500 I wouldn't have seen. What could you do with an extra $4500 just because you detailed a car, replaced some parts and sold it. The TL is such a desirable vehicle even 15yrs later that they sell rather quickly. I see my TL's all around town now lol. Cleaning up a TL for me is therapy. See some of my restoration posts. I enjoy it. If it were truly about the profit I would just buy them at auction but I'm not interested in that. I have no car payments, cash deals. Most don't have the patience to build cash a couple grand at a time and then buy what they want straight out. I mastered that starting 2 years ago.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:19 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,094 Likes on 749 Posts
I owe 9,000 on it and honestly I don’t think it’s worth keeping. So any help on how I can solve my issue, or get rid of my car I’m all ears!
Aside from all the good advice already posted....you've owned the car for 4 years and STILL owe 9000 on it? Not to jump to conclusions but this may be another area to tackle (loan/financing management....)
Old 08-31-2019, 10:53 AM
Latent car nut

Well OP did say car has 110k miles so I would list more realistically at $8500 and start from there however It's not about a job or income lol. The point for me is how easy it can be to turn a profit for basically nothing because most vehicle owners feel anxiety about repairs and maintenance and sell cars cheap to not have to deal with it. If I flip 3 TL's a year and make $1500 per car at the end of the year that's $4500 I wouldn't have seen. What could you do with an extra $4500 just because you detailed a car, replaced some parts and sold it. The TL is such a desirable vehicle even 15yrs later that they sell rather quickly. I see my TL's all around town now lol. Cleaning up a TL for me is therapy. See some of my restoration posts. I enjoy it. If it were truly about the profit I would just buy them at auction but I'm not interested in that. I have no car payments, cash deals. Most don't have the patience to build cash a couple grand at a time and then buy what they want straight out. I mastered that starting 2 years ago.
Not arguing with you, as sideline business, especially given the cathartic nature of the experience for you, what you do makes complete sense. The point I was trying (and apparently failing) to make is, cleaning up and flipping TLs as one's main line of work would not provide much of an income. Back when I was a contractor it was easy to put a dollar value on every hour I wasn't working; if it took me say, 40 hours to clean up a car and then flip it for $2,000 more than my financial investment, such an effort would have been a seriously money losing proposition.
Old 08-31-2019, 11:00 AM
Latent car nut

Originally Posted by nist7
Aside from all the good advice already posted....you've owned the car for 4 years and STILL owe 9000 on it? Not to jump to conclusions but this may be another area to tackle (loan/financing management....)
Good call, I missed that part.

@Matthew007, it sounds like you rather significantly overextended when you bought the car; it is one thing to finance a brand new car to the point where the monthly nut is roughly at your affordable limit, however, it is another thing entirely to do so on a car which is already approaching ten years old. Fact of life, ten year old cars need maintenance, and frequently lots of it.

Given how much you still owe on your Type-S, and given comments you've made which imply your financial condition is proving to be a challenge, I'm thinking your best bet would be to sell your TL for whatever you can get for it and either buy a new econo box like a Civic, or buy something old and used which A) runs well, B) you can pay cash for, and C) has a reasonable reputation for long term reliability, say a late 1990s Camry.
The following 2 users liked this post by horseshoez:
justnspace (09-02-2019), nist7 (08-31-2019)
Old 08-31-2019, 05:05 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,094 Likes on 749 Posts
Good call, I missed that part.

@Matthew007, it sounds like you rather significantly overextended when you bought the car; it is one thing to finance a brand new car to the point where the monthly nut is roughly at your affordable limit, however, it is another thing entirely to do so on a car which is already approaching ten years old. Fact of life, ten year old cars need maintenance, and frequently lots of it.

Given how much you still owe on your Type-S, and given comments you've made which imply your financial condition is proving to be a challenge, I'm thinking your best bet would be to sell your TL for whatever you can get for it and either buy a new econo box like a Civic, or buy something old and used which A) runs well, B) you can pay cash for, and C) has a reasonable reputation for long term reliability, say a late 1990s Camry.
Exactly what I was thinking as well.

From a purely life/practicality perspective, that would be the best...sell the TL-S, should get enough to pay off the car then get a cheaper/more affordable daily beater
justnspace (09-02-2019)
Old 08-31-2019, 09:51 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
But I’m simply not the guy that has a car problem and can go swipe my card and get the stuff I need. I’ve been on my own since I was 15. I should have done my research as I was looking for my first car purchase, but I didn’t and now I’m here trying to see what my next option is regarding my car.
Keep your head up! We've all been young before and made let's say "unwise" choices. Being on your own is especially challenging. It ain't easy, but keep pushing and climbing. I've been in hard spots before, and can empathize. But this is the internet: you'll find plenty of people to help you out. And others who will give you free opinions.

Also, be willing to ask friends for favors... hopefully you have a few people that you can ask for some garage time in exchange for a few beers, or pizza.

That autoloan is a little worrying though - especially for a 12 year old car at 100k. The TL is fun to drive, but it's not the cheapest.
Old 08-31-2019, 09:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Not arguing with you, as sideline business, especially given the cathartic nature of the experience for you, what you do makes complete sense. The point I was trying (and apparently failing) to make is, cleaning up and flipping TLs as one's main line of work would not provide much of an income. Back when I was a contractor it was easy to put a dollar value on every hour I wasn't working; if it took me say, 40 hours to clean up a car and then flip it for $2,000 more than my financial investment, such an effort would have been a seriously money losing proposition.
Oh yeah definitely agree with you. It's all good cause we're just teasing OP unfortunately lol
Old 08-31-2019, 11:16 PM
Null and proud of it

$8,000/month is extremely difficult to earn, unless you've worked your way up or have a master's degree in a decent feild.

Well, you're already kind of in buesness, come to think if it.
Old 09-01-2019, 01:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Shit.. sounds like a financial nightmare moreso than maintenance now.. time to dump it OP.
The following 2 users liked this post by thoiboi:
justnspace (09-02-2019), nist7 (09-02-2019)
Old 09-01-2019, 02:07 AM
Null and proud of it

Originally Posted by thoiboi
Shit.. sounds like a financial nightmare moreso than maintenance now.. time to dump it OP.
Ghost wants it. This is perfect.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:25 AM
Latent car nut

$8,000/month is extremely difficult to earn, unless you've worked your way up or have a master's degree in a decent feild.
I have to disagree, I have several young protégés with less than an undergraduate degree whom I pay well over $8,000 per month.
Midnight Mystery (09-02-2019)
Old 09-02-2019, 12:06 AM
Null and proud of it

I have to disagree, I have several young protégés with less than an undergraduate degree whom I pay well over $8,000 per month.
What do you do, anyway? That it a LOT of money.

My brother practically ran a rather large electrical company and still barely made 7-10K a month.

My sister is high ranking in the Military and clears about $5K a month but has amazing benefits.

But I've never really known many people who make that amount of money. Usually about half of that and are living comfortably.

You're in New Jersey right? The cost of living must be substantially higher there thus increasing wage averages.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:02 AM
Three Wheelin'

Ghost wants it. This is perfect.

Nope! He said he STILL owes about 9k, which means about 9800. lol
Can't afford maintenance which means he can't afford the car note and now hates the car because he doesn't have the extra cash to take care of the vehicle.
There is no profit in this deal
The following 2 users liked this post by GhostTL09:
justnspace (09-02-2019), Midnight Mystery (09-02-2019)
Old 09-02-2019, 01:27 PM

DAAAAAAAAAMN, this fool still owes $9k on the car?

WTF! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm over here thinking this shit is a cash car by now. everyone who owns one, should have paid it off like a decade ago!

$5k cash all day, erry day. cash car.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:50 PM
Null and proud of it

Nope! He said he STILL owes about 9k, which means about 9800. lol
Can't afford maintenance which means he can't afford the car note and now hates the car because he doesn't have the extra cash to take care of the vehicle.
There is no profit in this deal
Lot's of profit if he sells it for $5K and eats the rest.

Quick Reply: TL Type S. Nightmare Problems.