TL A-SPEC install gone wrong

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 04:13 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now install the A-spec yourself- don't leave it to those morons again!
Old 04-22-2006, 04:22 PM
05WDP Midlife crisis

Glad to see thread has come back to it's topic. What ever that was.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:37 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
Ah those cheap looking gun metal oversized rims are hokey too!! Crap...Acura knew they were such a mistake...they dont even have em available anymore!
limited editon, baby

just like the black chrome emblems. not available, still hot
Old 05-11-2006, 06:15 PM
10th Gear

Update - I just picked up my car today, and it looks really good. I have made the right choice to get new bumper. Initially they have spot painted and it look like shit, especially in the sun! I would not recommend spot painting to anyone after this. It just looks like shit. They have matched the paint very well, even under the sun or bright lamp I can't tell the difference. The pearls match really well now. Also, they had to put on New front A-Spec kit. They could not reuse the old one, since initially the bumper was spot painted by them (after I told them that I want new bumper). It came back and f-ed them in the ass. The clear coat bonded to hard to the rubber on the A-Spec kit. It just could not be removed with out ripping the rubber.
Overall, I am very happy with the job and THANAKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO ENCORAGED ME TO GET A NEW BUMPER! With today’s technology it is really not that bad to get new bumper replaced. After inspecting the bumper for about 1 hour, I can’t tell that the bumper was ever replaced!
Old 05-11-2006, 07:01 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by TLSmithTSX
Update - I just picked up my car today, and it looks really good. I have made the right choice to get new bumper. Initially they have spot painted and it look like shit, especially in the sun! I would not recommend spot painting to anyone after this. It just looks like shit. They have matched the paint very well, even under the sun or bright lamp I can't tell the difference. The pearls match really well now. Also, they had to put on New front A-Spec kit. They could not reuse the old one, since initially the bumper was spot painted by them (after I told them that I want new bumper). It came back and f-ed them in the ass. The clear coat bonded to hard to the rubber on the A-Spec kit. It just could not be removed with out ripping the rubber.
Overall, I am very happy with the job and THANAKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO ENCORAGED ME TO GET A NEW BUMPER! With today’s technology it is really not that bad to get new bumper replaced. After inspecting the bumper for about 1 hour, I can’t tell that the bumper was ever replaced!
Glad to hear it TLSmith!! You know we told ya so....

Now time for a group hug...lol

:gheyhug:

No seriously....glad to hear it worked out so well in the end!!