Suspension Damage - Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 06:34 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suspension Damage - Help Needed

2006 6spd TL Nav impacted curb with left front tire while turning right to enter a parking lot area at excessive speed that resulted in plowing ahead. Original owner, 128k miles.

So I've circled the damaged part in the attached image. The rubber between the flanges of part 10/11 is torn.

Also attached is the printout from Hunter laser alignment tool.

A part breakdown can be found at:
http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...All&vinsrch=no

I'd love to see the factory service manual part replacement info to know if it's something that I can do in my garage without a lift and air tools. The part breakdown doesn't seem to list the metal part that is with the rubber separately. Referencing the attached image, Bolt 29 goes thru the lower flange of part 11 but does not sit against the lower flange, it sits against the upper flange so I'm guessing that it's all one part - the upper flange is bolted to the chassis (I guess?) and connected to the lower flange via the rubber and the lower flange is bolted to the Front Beam via the 2 bolts in the lower leg of the lower flange. The 2 bolts appeared to be intact so I don't think it's a good sign that the rubber is torn. The lower flange is shifted to the passenger side by about 1/4 of the head of Bolt 29 , so that would suggest the whole front beam must be shifted. Best case scenario is replacing part 11 would pull the front beam back towards the driver side and everything would be good. Seems unlikely.

Measurement from wheel center to wheel center:
LH ~107.25"
RH ~ 108.0"

Thanks for looking at this, if you've got any knowledge or experience with disassembling for the replacement the 50285-SDA-A01 RUBBER, L. FR. SUB-FRAME MIDDLE MOUNTING please comment. I'm in San Antonio, Tx. Thanks in advance.

John
Attached Thumbnails Suspension Damage - Help Needed-14sep401_b48.png   Suspension Damage - Help Needed-imag0500.jpg  
Old 08-27-2012, 03:30 AM

Received 1,162 Likes on 847 Posts
subframe mount? pretty easy. jack up car and remove wheel. then there are 3 bolts total. 2 horizontally, and 1 going upwards into the frame. just have a breaker bar and some good extensions