Supercharger People Please HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Supercharged 2005 TL NBP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supercharger People Please HELP!!!

I have 2 problems

1) whenever I floor my car the rev line kicks in at 5 RPM's instead of the full 7RPM's

2) On the ECM and ACM what does the solid green wired connect to? cause I have a Solid green wire that's not connected

* I also didn't use the fuel pressure regulator I used the stock regulator would it be because I used a stock regulator instead of compressing the regulator with the FPR TOOL? **

(I installed this myself with a coulple of friends)
Old 05-13-2007, 07:03 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
You're kidding right...

No idea what the green wire is for, there's no green wire described in the instructions... Figure out what your friends "hacked up".

As for the FPR? ... What makes you think you can run this supercharger and NOT do the FPR mod, it's critical to the function, as trivial as it may seem.

Power is purely a function of air and power. The blower adds more air, the ACM and the FPR add more fuel.

Not doing the FPR mod make your car run extra lean, and that's bad. You're asking for a new engine... Sometimes proffessional installation is worth the investment.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:21 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kennedy
You're kidding right...

No idea what the green wire is for, there's no green wire described in the instructions... Figure out what your friends "hacked up".

As for the FPR? ... What makes you think you can run this supercharger and NOT do the FPR mod, it's critical to the function, as trivial as it may seem.

Power is purely a function of air and power. The blower adds more air, the ACM and the FPR add more fuel.

Not doing the FPR mod make your car run extra lean, and that's bad. You're asking for a new engine... Sometimes proffessional installation is worth the investment.
Hey Aznpersuasion,

Kennedy's right about the wiring and the FPR, there is only 4 wires to splice from the ACM and without modifying the FPR, there is not enough fuel pressuer under higher boost so your asking for a blown engine! If your in over your head, get some professional help! Will your friends help you pay for a rebuild ??

Where did you get this kit, was it new from Comptech or off of someone else's TL and do you have the complete installation instructions?

If you do have the instructions, look at page 12, it shows what wires to splice into. as I said before ther are only 4 splices involving only 2 of the TL's wires. I hope you have the entire wiring harness! You should have the ACM with a small amount of wiring then a connector attached to another connector that wires into what apperaes to be a type on ribbon harnes with 2 more connectores and 4 wires sticking out! These are the 4 wires you were to splice in the the TL's harness,

If you need the instructions click here and it show you what the entire ACM wiring looks like and where to splice in: http://www.comptechusa.com/store/med...-SCKit2005.pdf

Good Luck and Happy Motoring!
Old 05-15-2007, 04:10 AM
Supercharged 2005 TL NBP

it's a used supercharger, and yeah I ordered the new FPR and the dealership is compressing it for me, hopefully that's the only problem with the car, the wireing is all good, and if it still fails than I have to take it to Revolutions tuning shop so they could tune it for me... wish me luck guys.... i'll let you know if it is the fuel pressure regulator.
~Jason
Old 05-15-2007, 06:28 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

It definately has to do with the FPR... I would NOT drive the car until that was fixed.

Not sure what a tune shop can "do" for you, other than help you troubleshoot a failed component. There's nothing "tuneable" on the Supercharger.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:35 AM
Supercharged 2005 TL NBP

yeah, I stopped driving it, and now i'm just waiting... later today I have to go to acura and pick everything up, and than put it in my car after I get off work which would be at midnight haha, and i'm going to be checking the wires and bolts and everything else to make sure everything is still in it's place.. yeah there just going to troubleshoot it for me... Wished our superchargers had a blow off valve though... i'll write up later how everything went
~Jason
Old 05-17-2007, 06:55 AM
Supercharged 2005 TL NBP

ok well I installed the new fuel pressure regulator and it still won't let me pass 5 thousand RPM'S!! any suggestions? is it cause the wireing? or is it cause the fuel? Can anyone take pictures of the wireing they did on the car please?!? and post them on here please?!
~Jason
Old 05-17-2007, 08:52 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Aznpersuasion
ok well I installed the new fuel pressure regulator and it still won't let me pass 5 thousand RPM'S!! any suggestions? is it cause the wireing? or is it cause the fuel? Can anyone take pictures of the wireing they did on the car please?!? and post them on here please?!
~Jason

I dont have a supercharger, and this may be completely stupid to do, but try resetting the computer??? Disconnect the battery and reconnect....maybe it might clear up any stored histroy it has.....Just a suggestion. Sorry in advance if it doesnt help
Old 05-17-2007, 11:27 PM
Instructor

I have 2 problems

1) whenever I floor my car the rev line kicks in at 5 RPM's instead of the full 7RPM's

2) On the ECM and ACM what does the solid green wired connect to? cause I have a Solid green wire that's not connected

* I also didn't use the fuel pressure regulator I used the stock regulator would it be because I used a stock regulator instead of compressing the regulator with the FPR TOOL? **

(I installed this myself with a coulple of friends)

Hi Aznpersuasion,

Calm down, we are here to help you! That said; let’s see what we have here, OK?

I do not think it's the FPR as what your describing sounds like a Rev Limiter issue and not a lean-out condition, which is what you'll get without compressing the FPR to increase preassure.

I want to make sure it's not you piggyback unit. So we need to make sure you have the right one.

1) Which box do you have? the ECM or the ACM?

2) How many wires are coming out of the ECM/ACM?

The correct piggyback unit for your TL is the same as mine. Did you look at the page I told you to go to on my earlier post for Comptech's site (page 12 of the install manual) and compare yours to the one in the picture?

My concern is that you mention a "Green" wire and only the ECM has a solid green wire, The TL kit uses only an ACM and it has a pair of "orange" and a pair of "black/white" wires coming from the secondary harness and they splice into one wire from the "B" connector and one wire from the "D" connector.

Let’s start here and work our way up until we resolve your problem.

If you can post a pic of your box, that would be helpful.

Let us know...
Old 05-17-2007, 11:50 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CAHobbs
Hi Aznpersuasion,

I want to make sure it's not you piggyback unit. So we need to make sure you have the right one.

1) Which box do you have? the ECM or the ACM?

2) How many wires are coming out of the ECM/ACM?

Hello Aznpersuasion,

Sorry, but I made an error ... where I refer to the ECM, I meant the ESM, Comptech sold an ESM which has a "green" wire but does not work in the TL.

Please look at the small picture in the upper right corner of this page, this is the ACM and the secondary harness with the 4 wires that need to be spliced into the TL's ECM. Yours needs to look like that one.

Again, sorry about the ECM/ESM, my mind (what's left of it) ran off...
Old 05-18-2007, 05:02 AM
Supercharged 2005 TL NBP

so I got the wrong plugs for the car? oh man this sucks, oh another thing I forgot to mention was that on my fuel pressure regulator, there's a white tank and there's a blue piece on it that fell out somehow....
~Jason
Old 05-18-2007, 08:13 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Jesus Azn,
Did you read CA Hobbs post?

Noone says you have the wrong plugs, we want YOU to verify you have the RIGHT plugs. Please do as CA Hobbs asked and take a look at the ESM, and perhaps the wiring that was done. Once you've done that, let us know what you find.

As for the FPR... No idea.

As for all these troubles, at this point, I'd abandon ship and get the car to a proffessional installer. His $2-300 to fix your mess is far less that the real damage you're about to cause to your car.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:10 AM
Instructor

Hi Aznpersuasion,

Got a little time so I pulled out the ACM and guess what... I think I found your "Green" wire!

The solid green wire comes out of the ACM, through the first connector and attaches right to the car side ECM harness connector in the very corner. Sorry for not being able to get a pin out number(didn't have enough room to open the door and get all the way in) but the color of the TL side wire it connects to is Green/Yellow striped.

I have several pictures of the ACM and where the "Green" wire goes.

PM me and I'll get you the pics!

Happy Motoring!
Old 05-20-2007, 03:20 AM
Instructor

Well I finally figured out how to get the pictures up!!

Anyway, here are the pics, sorry about the out of focus shots... cheap camera.

As I said in the post above, find the break and reattach the green wire.

Good Luck!!

Old 05-21-2007, 06:45 AM
Supercharged 2005 TL NBP

thanks i'm going to be working on this later today i'll let you know how it goes... thanks for taking time out of you hands to do this..
~Jason
Old 05-22-2007, 04:48 AM
Supercharged 2005 TL NBP

thanks Tom!! your a life saver, I put the wire into place and it works perfectly well!! thanks again! i'm going to get it tuned later this week and dyno it
~Jason
Old 05-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Instructor

thanks Tom!! your a life saver, I put the wire into place and it works perfectly well!! thanks again! i'm going to get it tuned later this week and dyno it
~Jason

Right on Jason!!

You and your friends did a great good job putting the S/C in and identifying the problem! I'm glad it was a relativly simple problem and I was able to help.

Bet it feels a little better now that you got some running room on the tach. Best torque should be around 4800 rpm and HP keeps climbing into the rev limiter (around 6700rpm)

I love it when a plan comes together...(where have I heard that one before?????)

Let us know how your TL does on the dyno, I love numbers!!

Happy S/C Motoring!

Tom
Old 05-24-2007, 02:14 AM
Supercharged 2005 TL NBP

not dynoing it yet i'm going to first buy some air to fuel converter and some gauges than send it to the dyno and tuning place, don't worry i'll let you know the dyno numbers, I raced a G35 yesterday but he was gaining on me alil, and the G35 was all stock too haha
~Jason
Old 05-24-2007, 02:28 AM
Instructor

Hey Aznpersuasion,

Did you know what year the G35 was and how did the race start, like on the highway or from a standing start?

Just curious....

Happy Motoring!
Old 05-24-2007, 03:24 AM
Supercharged 2005 TL NBP

yeah it's my friends, he has a automatic and step. tronic shifter like we do it's a 2004, we did a roll 40mph all the way to 100, haha
~Jason
Old 07-21-2008, 09:48 AM
Instructor

I have the same problem also but mine cel and ACTROS pulled the code which was p2646 which stated that a rocker arm system performannce off bank 1 what ever that means. I called CT and spoke with Nate and he said he never heard of this. Maybe the wrong wiring made this code come up? Im going to follow your steps CAHobbs and i will keep you guys posted. Sorry for jacking this thread .
Old 07-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
If you are just revving the engine while in park, you will hit the limiter...
Old 07-22-2008, 06:08 AM
Instructor

Hi DC5 SLEEPER,

No appologies necessary!

Is it possible the code has something to do with the V-Tec? The ACM reprograms the V-tec to engage sooner
(if I remember correctly, it's drops the engagement from approximately 4600 to 4000 RPM).

Just be careful and get it diagnosed correctly! I've had some big trouble with the engine and #1 cylinder bank!

Good luck and let us know what you find out!
Old 07-22-2008, 06:19 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

So the funny story goes... When I installed the ACM on my car, I found I TOO had broken the gren wire off the ACM harness, and had to exactly what Hobbs suggested. Strip the green wire, and splice it directly to the green/yellow wire on the car harness... It's a bitch, that little wire is shorter than the rest of the harness, not sure why.

Well I finally figured out how to get the pictures up!!

Anyway, here are the pics, sorry about the out of focus shots... cheap camera.

As I said in the post above, find the break and reattach the green wire.

Good Luck!!

Old 07-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Instructor

Hi DC5 SLEEPER,

No appologies necessary!

Is it possible the code has something to do with the V-Tec? The ACM reprograms the V-tec to engage sooner
(if I remember correctly, it's drops the engagement from approximately 4600 to 4000 RPM).

Just be careful and get it diagnosed correctly! I've had some big trouble with the engine and #1 cylinder bank!

Good luck and let us know what you find out!
HOBBS YOUR THE MAN . My car runs like a champ and the sc sound is sweet.

As for the code i was thinking the same thing. Im going to have my boy diagnose it again just to be on the safe side.

What happened to your #1 cylinder back?