Squeeky Driver's Seat in 05 TL

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 06:35 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squeeky Driver's Seat in 05 TL

Hey Guys... I need your opinion and help here! I have a 2005 TL, which is only 3months old~ Anyways I am wondering why the driver's side seat is squeeking so much! As I move around the center and top right side of the seat constantly squeeks! It's very annoying... Anyone else have this problem? Considering I live in the midwest and it's cold is one thing, but I have a garage that's warm, so it can't be due to the weather... Have any opinions/suggestions? Also, how long is the warranty on the seats/interior for? Is it 4yrs? ALSO I AM NOT OBESE IN ANY WAY AND I AM THE ONLY DRIVER!
Old 12-25-2005, 08:16 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by rossr
Hey Guys... I need your opinion and help here! I have a 2005 TL, which is only 3months old~ Anyways I am wondering why the driver's side seat is squeeking so much! As I move around the center and top right side of the seat constantly squeeks! It's very annoying... Anyone else have this problem? Considering I live in the midwest and it's cold is one thing, but I have a garage that's warm, so it can't be due to the weather... Have any opinions/suggestions? Also, how long is the warranty on the seats/interior for? Is it 4yrs? ALSO I AM NOT OBESE IN ANY WAY AND I AM THE ONLY DRIVER!
same is here.
I do not think that there is any solution for this.
sorry... and welcome ----Acura made in America
Old 12-25-2005, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
The warranty on everything except wear items, like brakes, is 4 years/50,000 miles for the TL.

Your squeaky seat is not a normal situation and you should get the dealer to look into it and fix it. If you can't determine the source or cause of the squeak, let the dealer earn his money.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:31 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron A
The warranty on everything except wear items, like brakes, is 4 years/50,000 miles for the TL.

Your squeaky seat is not a normal situation and you should get the dealer to look into it and fix it. If you can't determine the source or cause of the squeak, let the dealer earn his money.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:21 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Ron A

ha-ha

Answer from dealer:
It is property of the leather...
Old 12-26-2005, 02:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Try another dealer. Dont give up.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
Originally Posted by oppnyc
ha-ha

Answer from dealer:
It is property of the leather...
If it's the leather, then lexol or any other good conditioner should eliminate the problem. But only the person who hears the squeak can really determine if it's the leather or it's mechanical, I would think. If it doesn't squak when squirming around in the seat, or if it only squeaks when driving, that would seem to rule out the leather.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:36 PM
TXS
3rd Gear

I'm having this problem with the passenger seat on my 06 TL. I've looked it over and know its not the leather squeeking. Its very annoying...

oh well off to the dealer, I guess.....
Old 11-02-2006, 02:55 PM
10th Gear

I'll be trying this tonight... Check it out.

https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/infinity-perfect-6-1-does-not-fit-125087/
Old 06-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Hooksta

Originally Posted by rossr
I'm having this EXACT issue with my 2006. So far I haven't experienced any other consistent rattles or squeeks. You know I never ever gave buying an Acura a second thought as being a car with your typical American squeeks and rattles. In fact after two Maximas, two Celicas, three Accords, one Solara (counting my wifes cars too) I've never had any sqeeks.

I saw the other post linked here and I am not having a "head banging" pop or rattle. It's just a squeek that I mostly hear when driving less than 30 mph. I guess once you get going either the decibels get high enough not to here it or it is because the body is better settled into a position. Heck I don't know. But the gentleman that started this post described what is happening in my car to a tee.

I'm not obese, but I am a broad shouldered, 6'2", 36 yr old man at 210lbs. So I'm not really a lightweight either. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!
Old 06-23-2007, 06:57 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,106 Likes on 764 Posts
I had this problem in the minivan, not the TL, a few months after purchase-- the service department just took the seat off the tracks, R&R tracks and lubed it. It should be an easy fix once you drop the car off with the dealer.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:44 PM
Advanced

I have a 07 TLS KBP with the exact same problem. From what I understand it's a problem with the seat track. I've called ChevyChase and they're gonna take the service manager and I for a test drive. Will update later.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:35 PM
2nd Gear

Smile Squeaky Seat Syndrome (SSS)

Originally Posted by Will Y.
I had this problem in the minivan, not the TL, a few months after purchase-- the service department just took the seat off the tracks, R&R tracks and lubed it. It should be an easy fix once you drop the car off with the dealer.

I had the same problem with my '06 TL. The passenger side seat squeaked only when someone was sitting in it. I originally thought that maybe it was the leather rubbing against a plastic part. I finally took it into the dealer, and they ordered a new "seat track" for it. Well, they installed the new seat track, and everything is fine now. Problem fixed!

btw: I was amazed that when I mentioned the "SSS" to the Service Guy; he claimed they knew nothing about this problem. I find that hard to believe, when I've seen so many people complaining about it on the boards.

Hopefully, Acura will address this issue on future models.