Springs need for new spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 12:54 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Springs need for new spoiler

Hey everyone ive just registered and this is my first post so i hope its in the right section. This christmas i receive a spoiler for my 2005 acura tl. The spoiler is a replica of the oem and comes with screws and everything. The thing is, my trunk lid barely lift up as it is. Im sure once the spoiler will be install the weight will keep it down. After doing tons of reasearch i have hear conflicting statements from members so im not sure what to do. I have call all acura dealer from my city and none of them are sure that type s springs will fit for my 2005 tl and i am taking a risk by buying them. Someone even said on the forum that you could tighten the springs a little with a different setting? Most seem to agree that you need a yellow and red springs though. So here i am, not sure what to do or buy. I also need the correct part numbers or the dealer wont order them for me. If you were in my place what would you do ? I dont mind the trunk being close but i worry that it wont stay up and fall down when im putting groceries in my trunk.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:54 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,120 Likes on 893 Posts
Eh if I were you I would just remove the trunk weight behind the lining.
Old 12-28-2016, 02:52 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,160 Likes on 909 Posts
read this thread which includes videos:

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-p.../#post15673962
The following users liked this post:
Ibis (12-28-2016)
Old 12-28-2016, 03:07 PM
Drifting

Received 481 Likes on 422 Posts
On some cars there are adjustments available but for what reason I don't know. For wear and tear possibly but I've never seen a worn out torsion bar.

To determine if yours has adjustments, just look at the L side of the torsion bar where it is resting. If you see another perch above where the bar is located then you have another adjustment. Whether that's enough additional power to keep the lid up... Probably not or else there wouldn't be another set of torsion bars that's made for the OEM spoiler.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:34 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sockr1
read this thread which includes videos:

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-p.../#post15673962

This is perfect ! thank you everyone for the replies appreciate it.