Spilled strawberry milk on perforated seats...grrr

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 02:13 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spilled strawberry milk on perforated seats...grrr

So my child spilled a whole bottle of strawberry milk on the back seat and it soaked through the perforated leather by the time I could park and clean it. Now it has that "smell."

Any suggestions on how to get it clean? Can I take the leather out and clean underneath?
Old 03-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
There is usually a plastic cover over the foam of the seat. I say normally as I have not taken a g3 seat apart.
Pop the rear seat sections out and remove the leather cover- thats pretty easy to do, then assess if professional cleaning needed or some new foam or what
Good Luck, and be greatful it wasnt into the shifter console- thats REALLY bad news electrical problems
Old 03-12-2008, 03:05 PM
08 TL-S NBP

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
There is usually a plastic cover over the foam of the seat. I say normally as I have not taken a g3 seat apart.
Pop the rear seat sections out and remove the leather cover- thats pretty easy to do, then assess if professional cleaning needed or some new foam or what
Good Luck, and be greatful it wasnt into the shifter console- thats REALLY bad news electrical problems
yea I agree. You should probably get it professionally cleaned. Their products are stronger and will probably do a better job.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:06 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
Your not alone. Perforated leather has it's nice points but mainly they took an otherwise milk, ice cream, and soda impervious surface and rendered it defenseless by perforation.

This guy shares your pain https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/m3-vs-z06-117553/

I'd say the seat's got to come out and get new padding. If that's too much work and/or expense then you can try a product called "Nature's Miracle" You can get it at any PetCo, Pet Smart or similar. It's an enzymatic neutralizer. It doesn't clean, it neutralizes the stuff that causes the horrible smell. From personal experience with dog urine and dog vomit in the house as well as kid vomit on the carpet I can say this stuff absolutely works. Basically, you pour an equal amount of this stuff onto whatever the problem is. So if a whole bottle of milk was 8oz then you'd use about a cup of this stuff right over the same place.

I've never tried it on a car seat but it may be worth a shot. Your biggest problem may be the sugar in the strawberry syrup in the milk and not the milk product itself. The only thing I'd be concerned about is if it has any interaction with the leather. You might try a small area first and if that's OK then "go for it". It's probably the cheapest thing you can try first. A quart is $10.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:21 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
my exgirlfriend had a TSX, and she had some italian take out on the seat, and a thing or marinara sauce spilled into the preforated holes.... never able to get it all out... we even tried poking each hole with a pin to "pop" out the dried tomato sauce.. didnt work