Sideswipe repairs...Bodyshop says I'm "Very PiCkY"

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
Print this whole thread out and show it to the body shop lol. You are not being picky, they just did the job wrong.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:16 PM
312 HP 271 TQ Dynapack

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^lol! Very tempting....but I don't want to burn this bridge until after my claim is settled.

UPDATE; Insurance agent got back to me today. He's been in communication with the shop manager on this issue. He want's to work it out, fix my car right and make me a happy customer. BTW the shop manager has been away on vacation since I last took my car back to the shop...so I never had the chance to speak with him. First, I'm gonna email him these pictures so he clearly sees what the problem is. Last I went to the shop, it was 6:00 pm in a shadowy parking lot, which made it more difficult to see the variation. This way, there's no excuses.

I would really just like to cut all ties with this shop, once in for all. There are no excuses for this run-around, he-said she-said crap, but Insurance states that I need to give the shop first opportunity to correct their mistake (which makes sense). I trust their spray skills, since the application was almost flawless...lets just hope they get the color right, this time. I'm shooting for dropping off the car early next week.

Wish me luck!
Old 09-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mrlunecy
^lol! Very tempting....but I don't want to burn this bridge until after my claim is settled.

UPDATE; Insurance agent got back to me today. He's been in communication with the shop manager on this issue. He want's to work it out, fix my car right and make me a happy customer. BTW the shop manager has been away on vacation since I last took my car back to the shop...so I never had the chance to speak with him. First, I'm gonna email him these pictures so he clearly sees what the problem is. Last I went to the shop, it was 6:00 pm in a shadowy parking lot, which made it more difficult to see the variation. This way, there's no excuses.

I would really just like to cut all ties with this shop, once in for all. There are no excuses for this run-around, he-said she-said crap, but Insurance states that I need to give the shop first opportunity to correct their mistake (which makes sense). I trust their spray skills, since the application was almost flawless...lets just hope they get the color right, this time. I'm shooting for dropping off the car early next week.

Wish me luck!
Good luck and keep us posted! I wanna see the end result here.